“Nice clean hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park International Hotel

You added Park International Hotel to your Saves list
Park International Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   117-129 Cromwell Road | Kensington and Chelsea, London SW7 4DS, England (Earls Court)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #338 of 1,066 Hotels in London
“Nice clean hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Staff is friendly and helpful, at breakfast severely short of staff, working too hard but always friendly. Management ought to be ashamed! I hope the staff is well paid.... Breakfast buffet was great with both healthy and unhealthy food of choice. Nice lobby. Room clean and nice with flat screen tv. Wifi too expensive. Great location, easy to get about by tube. Close to kensington gardens/hyde park. I would like to come stay again if there is a good offer on :)

• Stayed May 2014
Karl G, General Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay at the Park International Hotel, I was delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable experience at our hotel and that you would chose to stay with us in the future.

I would like to thank you for the wonderful feedback you have provided with regards to the professionalism of our team and items we have on each morning on our breakfast buffet. I am disappointed to hear that you feel that breakfast team is overworked and that management should be ashamed. On the contrary I am very proud of our breakfast staff as each individual team member works extremely well with the business trends and demands and I spend most mornings downstairs working alongside the team ensuring that the breakfast service runs smoothly. As I am sure you are aware the hospitality industry can be somewhat unpredictable due to human element involved and we therefore have to be flexible around the demands of our guests.

We do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Karl Goebel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Stayed overnight for business and was better than many in the price range.

A five minute walk from Gloucester Road tube in an interesting part of London, the spacious lobby was welcoming although I had some difficulty checking in with what I suspect was a new member of staff who insisted in me leaving a credit card exposition despite the room being paid in advance by my employer. I gave up pointing out that my work colleague had not been asked for this and that breakfast was included whilst I had no need for a mini bar.

The room was typically sized for London - relatively quiet with a comfortable bed and good shower. Breakfast was good and the staff welcoming.

Free wi if only in the lobby

Dear Sir

Thank you for taking a moment to complete a review of your recent stay at our hotel, I was delighted to hear that you comfortable stay with us and that you found our team to be warm and welcoming.

I am sorry to hear that you had some difficulties checking in as you were asked for your credit card details although your accommodation had been pre-paid and breakfast included with your room rate. It is common practice in most hotel to request a credit card authorization to be placed on file for any incidentals should you chose to sign any items to your room account as without this information a extension of credit cannot be authorized. I will ask our Front Office Manager to address this issue with the front team so that this procedure is delivered as clear and to the point as possible to future guests.

I am once again please that you had enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Glasgow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I stayed for 2 nights and I have to say it’s a nice hotel and good value on a budget. Clean but small rooms and pretty well maintained. Bed was comfy and the shower and bathroom were nice. I hit the gym downstairs which was basic but done the job.

I was in room 509 facing the main road and it was a bit noisy and the aircon didn’t work but it was still a nice place to stay in a good location.

On the second night however I came back in from dinner and electric tooth brush and x2 travel toothpastes had been removed from my room. I called reception and was unhelpfully told how well paid the staff are and that they had been cleaning rooms for years.
I pointed out that I believed it was a genuine cleaning error and it was possible the cleaner had binned my items in error. (Cost to replace them is £55 – not a standard toothbrush in case you think I was crazy!)

I was called back the next day and told they had checked the laundry and all the bins (Hmmm) and didn’t find it so it must be in my bag. I have never had such poor customer service ever in all my years travelling.
I would never stay here again and have asked it be removed from the list of approved hotels via my work. All the hotel had to do was replace it or at least apologise!!

I have tried several times to resolve the situation but the hotel is simply not interested.

So if staying here be warned that either the staff are extremely careless or have sticky fingers!!

Room Tip: Try not to take a room on the main road as its really noisy.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Karl G, General Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Sir

Thank you for the feedback you have provided with regards to your recent stay with us, I was pleased to read that you had found your room to be clean, comfortable and well maintained.

I am however disappointed to read that you feel that our staff are “ careless or have sticky figures” and would just throw away an electric tooth brush which was attached to a charger. To accidently bump a toothbrush of the shelf is one thing but to discard and entire set is something I do not believe an experienced member of our team would do. I return to your second point regarding “Sticky fingers” and I am confident in saying that no one at this property would use a strangers second hand toothbrush.

We as hoteliers know that human error is inevitable and there are occasions where accidents occur however when this happens we will accept full responsibility and do what is necessary to compensate our guest for any loss or damage sustained however we did not find this to be the case on this occasion.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Everything worked like a charm. I stayed with my daughter in the Park International for five nights and all the time the personnel were really friendly and helpful. I suppose we were lucky to have a room on Cromwell Road side fourth floor, with descent view. The room was quite small, but very comfortable and clean. Breakfast was great! The staff was busy keeping people happy, tables clear and food available.

Location by the Piccadilly Line was one of the main reasons to choose this hotel. We used the tube for transport from and to Heathrow. Gloucester Road tube station made moving very easy and quick to any attractions.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Madam

Thank you for completing a review of your recent stay it always a pleasure to read wonderful feedback like yours.

I was delighted to read that your stay with us was a memorable one and this appears to have been greatly influenced by the service you had received form our team. It is one of our greatest achievements at Park International Hotel to have a team that genuinely wants to get to know our guests during their time with us and assist in any way possible to ensure that their stay with us is as enjoyable as possible. I will happily forward on your feedback to every department as I am confident that they will enjoy your wonderful feedback as much as you had enjoyed their service.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to the Park International Hotel on any future trips you may be planning to London.

Odense, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

The prospect is nice the erality is Average - small rooms (like many other London Hotels) ... bath room in mini size ... service - if you hve a problem after 16:00 the same ...hmmmm and the price leaves for opportunity to other hotels

Dear Sir

Thank you for completing a review your recent stay at our hotel. I am disappointed to hear that you found your stay to be, well “Average”!

I am sorry to hear that you found your room to be smaller than expected however I am a slightly confused by your statement “if you have a problem after 16h00 the same”. We constantly have a supervisor at our Front Desk between the hours of 07h00-23h00 and the management team including myself do not generally leave the property before 18h00 and we are always on hand to assist wherever possible. Had there been anything you may have required assistance with we would have been more happy to help.

I do feel that our hotel is competitively priced with in our local area and I can say with confidence that if shop around for a better rate you will defiantly be compromising on quality and standards.

We do look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Waterlooville, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We were meeting family and needed a hotel for one night. The hotel where we normally stay was full as was many other hotels around South Bank/Covent Garden ... We then realised it was the weekend of the London Marathon! We used a few hotel search websites and this hotel came up at a relatively reasonable price.

We found it really easily - a very short walk from Gloucester Road tube station. The check in was very quick as we had already paid for the stay. We were a bit worried when we were told we were in the basement ... Room 001!! However these worries were unfounded ... The room was lovely. Very bright with a huge window. Lovely and clean too!

We only stayed one night and left after the inclusive brekkie next morning. The breakfast was more than adequate ... Buffet style with all the usual stuff. There were other things on the menu which you could order and pay extra for. The breakfast room was lovely and bright too! I got the impression that the hotel has recently been refurbished!

Our one complaint was that the shower head in the bathroom leaked quite a bit so the power wasn't what it could have been but the water was nice and hot!

We would definitely consider going West again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Madam

Thank you for providing us with such in depth feedback of your recent stay with us, I am pleased that you had the opportunity venture out from your usual residence and that our hotel did not disappoint.

I was a pleasure to read that our front office team provided you with an efficient and professional check-in service and that your fears of being allocated room number 001 were unfounded. As you had been assigned to one of our Executive rooms and I am hoping that you made yourself one of those lovely Nespressos that are appointed just for this room type.

I would like to thank you for the wonderful comments regarding the décor and atmosphere of our breakfast room as well as the items that we have on offer. Perhaps during your next visit you can order the chefs speciality eggs benedict and I can vouch for her when I say they are scrummsish.

We do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Was very pleased with service, location & actual restaurant.
Food was delivious & well presented, waiter showed so much effort. Atmosphere was anazing too.
Thanks to bar manager fitting us in into them fully booked schedule.
Highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Madam

Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding your Afternoon Tea experience, I am absolutely delighted that you and your collage had an amazing time.

I do have a wonderful announcement to make as our Food and Beverage Manager and Head Chef have been working in the kitchen to come up with a new Afternoon Tea selection that would not only please the palate but look amazing too. We will officially launch our wonderful new Afternoon on Monday the 5th of May and we would love for you to return and sample it to let us know what you think!!

We look forward to seeing you soon

Karl Goebel

Been to Park International Hotel? Share your experiences!