“Excellent value for money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park International Hotel

You added Park International Hotel to your Saves list
Park International Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   117-129 Cromwell Road | Kensington and Chelsea, London SW7 4DS, England (Earls Court)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #336 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Excellent value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

My daughter and myself stayed stayed at the Park International this weekend for a trip to the Opera at The Royal Albert Hall. The hotel's position in regard to the venue and the restaurant we had booked was very good. The Hotel itself was indeed elegant and very clean; on the Saturday night, the Bar at the Hotel was buzzing, lovely atmosphere. Our room itself was both interesting and surprising, we asked for a twin room and what we got was a split level room with a double bed on the one level and two singles on the higher level, fantastic. The room was not on the front and so we did not have any noise issues, as others have commented on. Excellent breakfast, staff very pleasant and accommodating. So, what is not to like? We couldn't fault it. Will definitely use this a Hotel again.

Room Tip: So far we gave only stayed the once but we enjoyed a good experience, maybe if we had been on the fr...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Europe
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I stayed there several times and always have given a real great review. BUT, it seems the more often I come here the less the management likes it. Maybe they don't like excellent reviews or recurring customers. I also waited with my review this time to give the customer relations staff an opportunity to comment on my remarks, which I made in an email to them about a month ago. But nothing happened.
I went there this January for a convention, brought about 8 more guests (in I guess 5 or 6 rooms), and was treated ... well let's say, not what I expected. I was the last one of my group (that I organized and brought there) to get a room, later than expected. Then it was a room in the basement, which is not a bad room, I am sure, but it still is the basement where it is dark and the atmosphere is not quite what you'd expect. Then I wanted to change rooms, the bell captain showed me two rooms and we took one of them. It seems, the more often I go there, the smaller the rooms get! A member of my group got one of the first available rooms - a junior suite - which is what I kind of expected as a small "thank you" gesture from the hotel. After all I go there on a regular basis, always stay 4 nights or more and bring sometime one and this time 8 additional people. Some kind of appreciation would have been nice.
Unfortunately the whole service was as superficial as the after sales process/complaint management; we had to wait long for the tea, breakfast room staff dropped a lot of fully loaded tablets, one time with some spatter of ?? on my trousers - not even an "Excuse me" came over his lips; he just continued to gather the pieces and left without a word. Breakfast room was so crowded, we had to share tables with some people who obviously didn't like the idea of being forced to share the table. Over the years I experienced that it is standard to have free wifi in the rooms, but not with the Park International. And the process for having wifi in the lobby is rather complicated - you have to go to the front desk and ask for the new code. Apart from the Corporate Social Responsibility to avoid unnecessary paperwork, it is simply annoying to get the code everyday at the front desk. This also involves some waiting time, as the staff is always busy (even if there is no customer);
I don't remember if the bed quality always was that bed of if something changed, but the mattresses were either too soft or so worn down that I practically way laying on the hardwood boards underneath. So sleeping quality was exactly what it should be.
all in all I think it is time to switch to an other hotel in London. Recurring customers aren't appreciated anyway, and luckily enough there are many excellent hotels in London, even in the neighborhood of the PI.

Room Tip: if you've never been there before you surely get a nice and decent room, but if you've been...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Karl G, General Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Sir

Thank you for providing us with your feedback of your recent stay at our hotel, I am disappointed to hear that on this occasion your stay with us did not meet your expectations of previous experiences.

I am sorry to hear that you feel that the Park International Hotel dose not appreciate repeat business form our regular customers as this could not be further from the truth. We do have a large number of regular customers who stay with us on a weekly basis and we do our utmost to ensure that all their requirements are met before they are even requested. I can see from your reservation that you had you had been provided with a complimentary upgraded to one of our executive rooms which is located on the lower ground floor however these rooms have superior floor space compared with our standard rooms as well as amenity enhancements such as Nespresso machines bathrobes and slippers. It has also been identified that you had reserved your group through an online booking agent which unfortunately makes it extremely difficult to detect that you had reserved multiple rooms room reserved with us. We do receive a large number of individual reservations from these sites on a daily basis so if I may suggest that in the future you contact the hotel directly either by phone or email so that we are able to identify your reservation as a group and accommodate your requests.

I am also sorry to hear that you had encountered some difficulties when having breakfast in the morning in particular the fact you had stated that you were forced to share a table with someone els as this is not common practice and I have never encountered a situation such as this in the past. Rest assured I will be addressing all these issues with our Food and Beverage Manager in order to identify and implement any potential training requirements.

I do hope that we may have the opportunity to accommodate you once again in the future so that we may change your perception of our hotel and so that you can see that your feedback has not gone unnoticed.

Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I stayed in the Park International recently while in London on business. I chose this hotel because central London hotels are crazy prices, usually over £200 per night for even a travelodge or premier inn. So I was really surprised to find a quality hotel for just £120 per night.

Check in was painless, and the room was very well appointed and clean, with comfortable bedding and pillows. Excellent first impressions, although it quickly became clear why it was cheap. My room faced the main road (Cromwell Road) and the traffic noise was quite bad. This doesn't really bother me too much as I always carry ear plugs for exactly this eventuality, but it might bother some.

So, I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this hotel - location is excellent (2 minutes walk from Gloucester Road tube), price is exceptionally cheap for the location, and rooms are excellent. When checking in, try to get a room that does not face the main road if noise bothers you.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that don't overlook the main road!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Karl G, Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Sir

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay at our hotel, I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel.

I would like to thank you for the positive feedback you have provided with regards to the efficient service you had received from our front office team upon your arrival and the cleanliness of you room. I am sorry to hear that you found the outside traffic noise to be disturbing even with the installation of double glazed windows however should request a room on the backside of the property our front office team will be more than happy to accommodate your request.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to the Park International Hotel on any future trips you may be planning to London.

Wollongong, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Stayed five nights in early February in double room and upon request, (first room was small and difficult to move around in) was given a room that was more spacious (I have walking difficulties). Then upgraded to a Triple room when joined by my daughter for three nights and again staff were very obliging and offered a choice of suitable triple rooms. Breakfast was great. Wifi was only available in foyer which was not very convenient. We found this to be a good quality hotel, clean comfortable, modern rooms and good value. You do have to ask to change rooms if you are not initially satisfied with the room you are given as they do have a range of rooms available (cheaper/smaller for discounted rates). Location was excellent; five minute walk to tube Gloucester Rd Tube station which connects to most lines. Staff were very friendly and most helpful in finding suitable room. This is second time we have stayed and this hotel and we were very satisfied.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Madam

Thank you for providing us with your feedback of your recent stay at our hotel, I was pleased to read that you had chosen to return to our hotel due to the service you had received during a previous stay.

I would like to thank you for the wonderful feedback you have provided with regards to the professionalism of our entire team and I was delighted to hear that our front office staff were able to offer you a selection of room to choose from upon your arrival in order to accommodate your specific requirements.

I do feel that I should inform you that we do not offer smaller rooms for cheaper rates. As our hotel consists of 7 interconnecting buildings our room sizes do vary from one to the other resulting as each room possessing it very own unique characteristic. Should a guest wish to view an alternate room to the one that had been initially allocated our front office team will do their best to find on that best fits each individual guests requirements.

I would once again like to thank you for your continued patronage to the Park International Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Milan, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights from 17th to 19th February 2014. The hotel is very good, very elegant and refined but it has also some point to improve. After the check-in isn't expected rooming and I'm lost in the corridors for a couple of minutes. Internet not working and a reception wasn't able to help me. My room wa very clean but the window wouldn't open. In the room there wasn't the minibar or a complimentary bottle of water. I had to go around at 9pm to look for a supermarket to bought some bottles of water. The day after, the breakfast was excellent, rich and with hight quality of food it served in elegant environment.
I needed an umbrella but the hotel doesn't put umbrellas available for customers.
The Park International Hotel is certainly to be taken into consideration for a future stay but for this time it not meant that my stay in London was unique.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Karl G, Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay at our hotel, I am disappointed to hear that we did not exceed your expectations during your time with us.

I was pleased to read that you found our hotel to be elegant and refined as well as being highly maintained with regards to cleaning standards. I am however sorry to hear that you were unable to find your way to your room and you had experienced some issues with the internet connection. Our front office team are well trained in trouble shooting minor connection issues and do contact our provider when they are unable to rectify the issues themselves so I am unsure as why they were not able to assist you.

With regards to your feedback of empty minibar this is due to the fact that we do not offer minibar services in our standard rooms and this is stated on our website, instead we prefer to provide a facility in which customers can purchase their own items during their days out store them in the coolers provided. Our windows are restricted by law to only open a set distance due to health and safety purposes however we do offer both heating and cooling facilities within the room

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the items on offer during breakfast service and that you found the food to be of a high quality.

Howden, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Booked through Secret Escapes at a cheap rate. I suspect our room is kept especially for people who book through discount sites. It was very small, but clean and well maintained. The bed would have been comfortable if it hadn't been two singles stuck together, so there was a thick ridge down the middle. Bathroom was clean, shower very powerful. Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed. Reasonable value for Kensington.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Madam

Thank you for posting your feedback of your recent stay at our hotel, I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

I do feel that I should inform you that there are multiple factors that are taken into consideration when allocating a room such as preferences, special requests and length of stay so we therefore do not assign a guest a room depending on which website they book on. I do hope that you have the opportunity to stay with us again so that we may alter your perception of our the Park International Hotel to a more personal yet professional establishment.

Ennis, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Stayed in the Park Int'l first week of Feb. Location on Cromwell Road is good - between Glouscter St and Earls Court tube stations which gives plently of travel options. Natural History Museum only five mins away. Hotel is very clean and serves an excellent buffet breakfast. Rooms standard size for townhouse hotel. Only downside was a repeated false alarm at 4.00am and problem with guest internet computer printer. Would I return ? I think so.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking a moment to complete a review of your recent stay with us, I am delighted to hear that you found our hotel to be a “good choice” during your stay in London.

I was pleased to read that the location of our property was ideal for your travel purposes and that you found your room to be clean and well maintained. I was also happy to read that you enjoyed the selection that we have on offer for breakfast and that the quality of the food was of a high standard.

I am sorry to hear that you were woken by a false fire alarm during your stay however as this is life and safety equipment I would prefer to have a call point accidentally triggered and the alarms sound to alert our team to potential danger than to have them not should and risk a potential life threatening situation however I am pleased that our team were able to assess and neutralise the situation in a timeous manner.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to the Park International Hotel in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Been to Park International Hotel? Share your experiences!