“Lovely hotel in a great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park International Hotel

You added Park International Hotel to your Saves list
Park International Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   117-129 Cromwell Road | Kensington and Chelsea, London SW7 4DS, England (South Kensington)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #372 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Victoria, Australia
“Lovely hotel in a great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights while in London. The hotel was lovely, although my single room was very small it was adequate for my needs. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was simple but there was plenty to choose from, catering for many tastes. The hotel is in a great location, close to many places to eat and drink and not far from the tube station. I was able to walk to many attractions, including the Natural History Museum and Harrods and felt safe during the day and at night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Karl G, Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Madam

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Park International Hotel it is always a pleasure to positive feedback like yours.

I would like to thank you for the wonderful feedback you have provided with regards to the service you had received from each staff member you had encountered during your stay. As a hotel we take our guest satisfaction rating very seriously and I am pleased to read that once again our team was able to assist you in the most professional manner possible.

I would also like to thank you for your comments with regards to our breakfast buffet as we do our best to cater for all our international clientele by offering a Continental, Full English and Chinese breakfast selection. I am pleased that you found the location of the hotel to suite your travel requirements and most importantly as a single female traveller you felt safe when exploring the local area.

We do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed 4 nights at this hotel last week, having previously stayed there once before. It is a very pleasant hotel, in a fantastic location near to the Natural History and other museums and easy tube rides to other famous landmarks. There are lots of places to eat and drink within easy walking distance of the hotel.

My room was a bit on the small side, but perfectly acceptable, and the breakfast and bar facilities were great. Overall I would thoroughly recommend it, and will stay here again the next time I visit London.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Sir

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay at the Park International Hotel, it was wonderful to read that you had stayed with us once before and had chosen to return to us once again based on your previous experience.

I was delighted to hear that your second visit was as enjoyable as your first and I believe you may have found the perfect place to sat during your visits to London.

I would like to thank you for recommending our hotel to fellow TripAdvisor readers and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Overall the hotel was very satisfactory but more recent 3-star than genuine 4-star. Location and desk staff (day and evening) are strongest pluses.

Main negative is the breakfast, specifically the scarcity of fresh fruit (watermelon and grapes are not adequate and tinned peaches... Oh no!) This is at best mid-range 3-star breakfast. Tea and coffee were weak too and bread was poor (supermarket sliced white and brown) except for the croissants which were very good indeed. Scrambled egg was especially poor and even as it came from the kitchen was in rubbery chunks. Most unpalatable.

The room (322) was very small indeed but quiet and the bathroom, while small too, was excellent - great shower units etc. The rooms were very well serviced indeed - spotlessly clean and fine bed linen. The "double" room we stayed in had a bed that was barely standard length but was otherwise very comfortable - and full marks for using a light duvet in high summer. If you are very tall, your toes will stick out. If you are wide, get a king. Air conditioning worked perfectly.

Despite what may seem a poor review, we would possibly return to the hotel - though my partner says not unless quality of breakfast is improved to the standard of other 4-stars we have stayed in over the past 20 years

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the feedback of your recent stay at the Park International Hotel. As a hotel we welcome feedback both positive and negative so they we may identify any areas that may require improvement and maintain the areas that we have perfected.

I am sorry to hear that the low light of your stay was the breakfast on offer each morning. I will most certainly pass on your feedback to our Food and Beverage manager so that he may investigate possible alternatives to the items that you have mentioned as well and tweak a number of freshly made items in order to enhance the flavour and aesthetics of our buffet.

I was however pleased to hear that although you found your room to be slightly smaller than expected it came with all the comforts you required in order to have a good night’s rest and a relaxing stay with us.

We do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I was here in April 2013. good reviews from previous guests helped me choose this hotel. close to everything, grocery stores, restaurants, attractions, the tube. great breakfast. felt safe in my room & the location. room's clean & comfy. staff are friendly, I remember Jorge from the front desk.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to compete a review of your stay at the Park International Hotel. I was delighted to read that you had selected to stay at our hotel due to feedback left by fellow TripAdvisor users.

I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable time with us and that you found our hotel to be “ a great find”. I will happily pass on your wonderful feedback to our entire team and let Jorge know that above all other staff members he really stood out in the wonderful service he had provided.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to the Park International Hotel.

Sheffield, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Lovely hotel. Great location. Room was small but very comfortable. Best sleep we've ever had in a hotel. The breakfast was really disappointing however as the staff didn't have a clue what they were doing. Really inattentive. Good be easily solved with extra training. Food itself was fine.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Madam

Thank you for providing us with your feedback of your recent stay at our hotel, I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable time at our hotel and that you found your stay with us to be one of the bests nights rest you have ever had in a hotel.

I would like to thank you for identifying the lack of attentiveness in our breakfast room and shall have this issue addressed at once. I am however happy to hear that you found the quality and variety of the breakfast buffet to be to your liking.

We do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

stayed 6 nights excellent staff great breakfast,
room was spotless if a little small,but that is london not like asia where rooms are spacious
overall a very happy stay loved the food as well in the dining room

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Pontypridd, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I had stayed at the Park International last year and enjoyed the experience. The latest stay was not as enjoyable though and there were problems of various sorts from the time we booked online.
The confirmation e-mail I received for our 3 night stay indicated that the price I'd paid was exclusive of VAT - which certainly was not mentioned on the website. I immediately rang the hotel, but because it was a weekend could not speak to anyone in Reservations and the person I spoke to was of no help, simply saying that if it said that VAT was excluded then it was excluded! I had to wait until Monday before I was able to confirm that VAT was included and that I had no more to pay.
We had to change rooms the afternoon we arrived because the mattress in the room we were allocated was extremely soft and worn - you could feel the springs protruding. The reception staff, however, were excellent, and did their utmost to find us a comparable room with a better mattress - which they eventually did. In all the rooms we visited whilst looking for a better mattress, we noticed a very stale smell coming from the bathroom - and this was the same in the room we eventually accepted. We also had some problems with the temperature of the shower - it could not be adjusted downwards from the extremely hot setting it was on, and it took over a day to get this fixed. The happy hour (5.00pm to 7.30pm) was great and the live music enjoyable; bar staff were very friendly and accommodating when there was confusion over what size of wine was available in happy hour. Overall, it was an OK stay, and the location is very handy - but would we stay there again?.......probably not.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Park International Hotel? Share your experiences!