“Great food, very friendly staff and great food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo London Kensington - Earl's Court

You added Hotel Indigo London Kensington - Earl's Court to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo London Kensington - Earl's Court
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   34-44 Barkston Gardens | Kensington, London SW5 0EW, England (South Kensington)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #89 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Broughton, United Kingdom
“Great food, very friendly staff and great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed here to try it out. The hotel is boutique, very clean, the staff are very friendly and helpful.... And the breakfast is absolutely delicious. Me and a work colleague were treated very well, and would recommend it for business stays in the area. We have tried several others in that area and will be back to this one.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington - Earl's Court, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Cw106,

Thank you for leaving a review and it’s great to hear that you will be back! I will pass your comments onto the team and the breakfast manager.

Thank you for recommending the hotel and we hope to see you again soon.

Brooke
fohmanager@hotelindigokensington.co.uk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Polish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I got to the hotel for business and extended for extra few days of vacation, stayed there for a total of 9 nights. The location of the hotel is what attracted me - just 15 minutes by Tube to the city center and about 30 minutes to my work office. The good reviews here were appropriate to the level of the hotel. I called a few days prior to check in to ask for a quiet room on a higher floor, and got the farthest room on the 4th floor, which was super-quiet. The room was facing the front, looking on a Barkston Gardens, but the street is relatively quiet and with the good windows it had make it very quiet indeed. The room was designed in a modern but warm design that made me feel very comfortable. The room size is very large (by London standards) and the bathroom is huge as well. The hotel seems to have been refurbished recently, and every day my room was cleaned impeccably. However, on the 6th night of my staying I spotted several cockroaches in the bathroom. The next morning I went to the reception to let the manager know about the issue, and she deeply apologized. I offered to show her the photos I managed to take but the didn't take a look and instead gave me her business card so I can e-mail her through my travel agent for a compensation. In addition to that, I was asked to leave the room so it can be sprayed, and was upgraded to a Junior suite, that was on the 1st floor facing the back of the buildings.

The new room was obviously larger, and also very quiet! We even got a couple of small whine bottles, in addition to the complementary water, fizzy orange and lemonade drinks that are being refilled everyday in the mini-bar free of charge. In the new room, I woke up one morning to discover the whole floor and my luggage soaked with water, due to a leakage from the floor above us. As I notified the front desk, they immediately sent maintenance that fixed the problem in an hour of work - the issue didn't occur again.

Both rooms were air-conditioned, and equipped with an LCD HD television (the suite has 2 TVs). The bed was very comfortable and the shower had good water and was very pampering after a hard long day of work. One bad point that the staff did not manage to solve throughout the whole of my stay: WiFi was horrible. Didn't work most of the time (even though it said it does) and when did work, was very sluggish. This applies for both rooms I stayed, and all the hotel area.

Restaurant & bar: The breakfast is rich and filling, and the food is very good. On Saturday and Sunday it seems that the staff can't handle the load of guests, as it took a whole hour to get the breakfast I ordered which resulted in a very late start for my day in London. Other tables faced the same problem, in addition to wrong dishes, uncooked food (!), missing items and other mix ups; the buffet was empty and was not refilled. I needed to call front desk for assistance, and only then it seemed that things started to work - we were apologized and the meals have been received shortly. Other days, the breakfast service was much better, with staff being as usual very nice.
Just before my departure from the hotel I had a dinner (that was given as a compensation for the roachy room). Ordered the duck leg in duck eggs – definitely one of the best dishes I have had in my stay in the UK, if not THE BEST! I tend to eat out pretty much, so it is not common at all that there are specific dishes that I remember just for the food itself! In addition to that, the service was excellent, and dishes came in fast as I let the waitress know that I have a flight to catch. I am so happy that this is how I concluded my stay in London.

On the day of checkout, I asked for a taxi to be called to the hotel in the evening before my departure, and the front desk lady took good care of this. There was an erroneous bill that I was asked to pay, but once I told the front desk it was a mistake, they quickly and efficiently checked the matter and apologized. When I left my room and the hotel for the last time, I looked back and felt that although not everything was perfect, I will DEFINITELY do my best to come back! Throughout all my visit, every issue was received by the staff with a smile and with concern, and most of the things were taken care of. I felt that all employees really CARE for the guests, and are not just there in order to pass the minutes until their shift ends. I felt that even though I was staying by myself, I was surrounded by people and not just anonymous employees. Looking back, apart from the WiFi not working properly at all (an issue that affected me a lot for the business part of my trip and has not been resolved!), every other thing was great, and if there might have been a few issues, they all got taken care of. Since the atmosphere is so nice, the location is excellent and the rooms are pretty large, this hotel would be a good choice for my possible future trips to London both for business and for pleasure!

I know that these reviews are read by the hotel staff – so I would like to extend my gratitude and high appreciation to each and every one of you! With your smile and care you really make a difference in people's experiences as guests in your hotel.

Room Tip: Lower floors facing the street could be a bit more noisy, but do call the front desk in advance to a...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Peterborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several times in the year or so since it first opened. The staff are always delightful, very friendly and helpful, which was useful as during this stay we needed them to be.

We arrived about 2.30pm and the front desk staff advised me that they'd upgraded us to a junior suite and gave me the key cards. Up we went to the room to drop our bags off and to shower and change for a meeting later, only that was not to be as the room hadn't been made up. So back to the front desk who were very apologetic and asked us to take a seat in the bar and enjoy a drink whilst they serviced the room. After about 30 minutes we were able to return to our room. The room itself was large (by London standards) and we were happy that we had waited for it to be made up rather than take a smaller room.
Unfortunately that night after we had returned to our room we had some problems with the air conditioning which kept us awake most of the night. The next morning I had to leave early for meetings so my wife went to the front desk to ask about changing rooms - even if it meant taking a smaller room. Although I wasn't there she says that the front desk staff handled the situation very well and we stil ended up in a large room, and they helped her move the luggage etc to the new room. One could argue that this should be the norm, but experience has shown me that often in other hotels it wouldn't happen.

The hotel itself is well positioned for transport links to the city centre and to Heathrow. It also has a few restaurants nearby as well as pubs and shops.I like the style of the rooms and the hotel generally, it's modern and clean looking and feeling with a slightly quirky edge. We didn't eat in the hotel this time but certainly the last couple of times we've had breakfast there it has been very good.

We'll be staying there again in February for 4 nights, so I guess that means we like it in spite of the AC problem.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed here on Sat 26th October for 1 night after going to see The Arctic Monkeys at Earls Crt. What a fabulous hotel and our room was beautifully decorated, & a pleasure to come back too and unwind after The Arctics.... It was mayhem after leaving venue with no chance of getting tube so late and how fab to come back to the Indigo for a great nights sleep. The staff here are wonderful and I shall defo be returning to this little gem. Thank you Indigo for a fab night! One of the best hotels I have stayed in for a stop over .... Loved it and the complimentary snacks wonderful .

• Stayed October 2013
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Located in a quiet area, having easy access to main tourist attraction, Hotel Indogo offers great services, excellent food and excellent accomodation.
Easy access to motorway for reacing the airport, too.
We've been very pleased during the stay there.

Room Tip: Plan your trip and book few weeks in advance
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We loved this hotel and enjoyed our room so much! The hotel was close to the train station, a few pubs right on the corner and a little store where we could pick up water and other necessities. We had a nice breakfast each morning and would probably stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We ended a trip to the UK by staying in London at this hotel for an extra 5 days. I describe it as a small boutique hotel....very uniquely decorated with the latest decorator colors. The room was cozy, and I could have used some an actual dresser for clothes storage rather than the etagere, though we made do with what we had. The fridge and snack area are nice and daily restocked without extra charge, which we enjoyed coming "home" to after a long day of touring. The tube station is very close, and there's a wonderful bar just down the street. There's also a food market nearby for small, in-house meals or snacking. The bathroom is huge and luxurious, though I would have liked a little more counter space for toiletries, etc. I felt very safe walking around in the neighborhood, as well. Beds are very comfortable and well-appointed. My only negative is the lack of marking for the steps at the front stoop. The steps are varying heights, and walking down them, especially at dusk with no lights, is a little bit treacherous...my husband tripped twice and I fell down the steps and got a nasty, bloody arm. They wrote an accident report, though I was never contacted about my condition following our visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Indigo London Kensington - Earl's Court? Share your experiences!