“August UK trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo London Kensington - Earl's Court

You added Hotel Indigo London Kensington - Earl's Court to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo London Kensington - Earl's Court
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   34-44 Barkston Gardens | Kensington, London SW5 0EW, England (South Kensington)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #87 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“August UK trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We ended a trip to the UK by staying in London at this hotel for an extra 5 days. I describe it as a small boutique hotel....very uniquely decorated with the latest decorator colors. The room was cozy, and I could have used some an actual dresser for clothes storage rather than the etagere, though we made do with what we had. The fridge and snack area are nice and daily restocked without extra charge, which we enjoyed coming "home" to after a long day of touring. The tube station is very close, and there's a wonderful bar just down the street. There's also a food market nearby for small, in-house meals or snacking. The bathroom is huge and luxurious, though I would have liked a little more counter space for toiletries, etc. I felt very safe walking around in the neighborhood, as well. Beds are very comfortable and well-appointed. My only negative is the lack of marking for the steps at the front stoop. The steps are varying heights, and walking down them, especially at dusk with no lights, is a little bit treacherous...my husband tripped twice and I fell down the steps and got a nasty, bloody arm. They wrote an accident report, though I was never contacted about my condition following our visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Polish first
Doha Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed here during a two day business trip.The hotel is really cool, has a personality, rooms are very big and they include lots of stuff for free. Best of all is the service. I got really sick and was terrified.. (Woman alone in a foreign country!!!) I called the front desk and they sent the night manager to see me. She basically did not leave me until she was 100% sure i was alright. Lauren went as far as running to a nearby pharmacy to see if she can arrange for a doctor to come see me. She did not stop until she found one , and made several visits to my room, offering me water and made sure that i am comfortable.. I have visited over 60 hotels and never encountered such amazing service. I am visiting UK again in Spring and I will be 100% comfortable bringing my family to such a beautiful and attentive hotel. Food and room amenities were also very very good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Aspen, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed back in September for business, and the staff was excellent. Magic in the restaurant, took great care of us during our stay. My room had a bright pink door and it was so funky and unique inside the room. Will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at the hotel. It's so well run: there's real attention paid to every detail. Reception is welcoming, and although the rooms are a bit smaller than I'd like, everything inside them is so well presented. The shower is pure luxury, and the towels and toilettries are first class. Breakfast is very good also. Well worth staying here - it's the best hotel I use in London.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington - Earl's Court, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Checkettsr,

Thank you so much for your review. I am so pleased to hear your comments on the reception staff, the shower and the toiletries and also the breakfast. Thank you so much for recommending the hotel I am so pleased that you find us the best in London!

We hope you stay with us again soon and if you do let us know you are coming back!

Newtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

What a great find! Quiet area, yet close to everything you need. Very well-appointed room (if a bit small), very attentive staff. My wife and I spent 2 nights here and my only wish is that we had more time. The room was very comfy, the bathroom was splendid and everything was spotlessly clean. Every hotel chain I ever stayed in in the US should see this room and take a second look at themselves.

Room Tip: I don't know if they have larger rooms; you should ask if they do. Our room was very comfy and v...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington - Earl's Court, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Ooskus,

Thanks for leaving your comments on the hotel and we are delighted that you liked the quiet but well connected location and the attentive staff.

Our rooms all differ in shape and if you have a preference i.e. view, quite etc then please do email us. If you would like a larger room then we do have the option of executive rooms and junior suites. These are more spacious with additional mini bar and bathroom amenities. The junior suites also include a turndown service.

We wish that you had more time too but please do come back and visit us again soon.

sydney traveller
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Earl's Court has certainly upgraded since, as an Aussie in the late 60s I first experienced the then Australian ghetto!
Indigo is the boutique arm of the large IHG group (intercontinental, Holiday Inn etc). They are doing a very good job, judging by the couple I've experienced.
Hotels are new, with excellent beds, excellent soundproofing, fully equipped bathrooms etc.
there are some small rooms at the Indigo (the excellent and helpful staff changed mine upon request)..
nice touches like free (limited) mini bar-bathrobes etc
free wifi but very slow (ping 57ms, download. 0 79 mb), but you can pay for faster.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hjoerring, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

I've been at the Indigo several times now and I'm always welcomed by a very friendly staff that has everything ready for me.

Haven't tried dinner yet, but breakfast is good and service is again very polite and friendly. Could be a bit quicker sometimes, but then again it is worth the wait.

It is one of my favourite hotels in the UK and whenever I can plan my trips to go to London the Indigo is the place I stay whether it is for business or holiday. Located in perfect a spot for a run or a walk around Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park, and if you're up for it down Picadilly. Very close to Earl's Court tube station.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington - Earl's Court, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Nils

Thank you so much for leaving such an amazing review I am so glad you like the staff and their friendly service. I am so happy we are one of your favourite hotels in the UK and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

fohmanager@hotelindigokensington.co.uk

Been to Hotel Indigo London Kensington - Earl's Court? Share your experiences!