“A pleasant surprise!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo London Kensington - Earl's Court

You added Hotel Indigo London Kensington - Earl's Court to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo London Kensington - Earl's Court
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   34-44 Barkston Gardens | Kensington, London SW5 0EW, England (Earls Court)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #95 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Warsaw
“A pleasant surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Ended up here because we didn't want to spend a fortune in London, but still wanted a small and sophisticated hotel. Exceeded expectations. On a quiet side street very close to underground station (convenient to all spots in London and Heathrow) and in a great neighborhood (didn't seem too touristy). Our room had a nice view into the private garden/park across the street, and while not large, was perfectly comfortable, quiet and dark. Slept extremely well in that bed.

If you are looking for a stylish hotel, and like the idea of being just a little removed (but in no way far) from the major tourist activity, this is a perfect place. Can't imagine staying anywhere else in London from now on!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Polish first
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed in the hotel for one weekend. It was an excellent stay in all respects: The staff was very friendly and always helpful. The room was spacious for London with a very nice and stylish design with loving attention to detail. The bed was very comortable and the mini-bar (water, lemonade), tea and small snacks (crisps, choclate) were for free. The room was further equipped with an iron, an ironing board, a kettle, a safe, bathrobes and slippers. A very modern and absolutely clean bathroom.

The hotel is in a great location - near to the airport (50 min), the tube station (Earl's Court, 1 minute) and the most important sights. As it is located in a quiet side street we did not hear any outside noises. Cashpoints, pubs, snack shops are just around the corner.

When we booked the hotel we asked for the possibility of staying in a "violet room" which was not possible in the end, however, the staff informed us and the alternative of a "turquoise" room was just perfect.

All in all a great hotel, fantastic design, nice staff and a great location. We will definitively come back and can highly recommend a stay in this hotel!

West Midlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend break April 12th for 2 nights. I was more than happy with the hotel, love the quirky decor and finishing touches, arty in a good way.

The room was spacious and comfortable with just about everything you could want in a hotel room.
There is a safe, robes and slippers, ironing board and iron, decent kettle and mugs (which say Her Ladyship and His Lordship) and even a docking station.
There is a mini bar which is included in the price and there were small bottles of wine in there and possibly beer, con't remember, as well as soft drinks and water. There were chocolate snacks also.
The chairs are comfortable which is a big plus as often hotel room chairs are not.
The beds are on the firm side but comfortable and my twin room had 2 double beds. They are quite high off the floor but that is certainly a good idea for the staff for cleaning and not having to bend so much.

The bathroom was very modern and more of a wet room really, didn't have any problem with the water going where it shouldn't.
There's no need to bring toiletries as everything is provided, flannels also.

The location is great, it's quiet but also just minutes from Earl's Court Road tube station.
There are several places to grab a quick bite just minutes from the hotel also, Cafe Rouge is there along with several coffee shops and Gourmet Burger which we found great for a quick lunch after we arrived.
We didn't eat in the hotel at all so can't comment there.

Our one gripe was that it was absolutely roasting in the room on our first night and the air con/heating controls was set to keeping the room at 26C.
We were able to set the air con to reduce the temperature but after an hour each time it reverted to 26C so we had real trouble sleeping.
It was better the second night as we found out from a member of staff how to turn the thermostat control off completely and the normal temperature was find, no need for heating.
When we enquire it turned out that some guests had complained of the rooms being cold and therefor the heating had been turned up, but why it needed to be turned up so high I don't know, even in the depths of the past winter a temperature of 21C is more than sufficient and a bit lower for sleeping.

We found staff generally to be very pleasant and enthusiastic in their work.

The only reason it doesn't have an excellent rating from me was having a poor sleep the first night due to the heating being set so high.

I would definitely stay here again.

Skirlaugh near Hull
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Indigo on Thurs 26th April 2013 using a "Rewards Night from our Priority Club card. On arrival we were given an upgrade to an Executive Room because we are gold elite members. This is the first time we have been upgraded by Holiday Inns in 20 years!!!
The Reception staff were all very quick, courteous and helpful. Our room was excellent in every way. The bed was very comfortable, the temperature just right with the aircon adjustment, and the bathroom was really bright and clean, with a double size shower. We were told that the room had a free mini bar, and other extras. The mini bar contained a quarter bottle of Chardonay and Rose, and also 2 bottles of water and a lemonade. There was also a Mars bar, a packet of crisps and nuts, which was much appreciated.

Breakfast was extra, so we had to pay separately for it, and if we were to criticise anything, it would be the cost of breakfast at £20 (plus a "discretionary service charge" automatically added). again we criticise the automatic addition of a service charge. IT SHOULD BE LEFT UP TO THE GUEST TO ADD IT. We have made this comment before, and will no doubt do so again!
The breakfast was, however, excellent with lots of choice and top quality food served by helpful staff.
The hotel is located just 100 metres from Earles Court tube station, so it is very convenient to reach any part of London easily, and is within easy walking distance of the main museums and Hyde Park, so it will be our first choice when we visit London again.
Do remember that this is a "Boutique Hotel", so it does not have all the extras seen in the larger Holiday Inns or other members of the big Hotel groups, but if you want quality, style and excellent service, this is the place to go!

Room Tip: We were "upgraded" to room 305, which, although it did not have a good view, had everythin...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington - Earl's Court, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear skirlaughtravellers

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at the Hotel Indigo London – Kensington Earl’s Court. I am so glad that you received an upgrade to one of our executive rooms and this was the first time in 20 years!

I am glad that the reception team were very helpful I will pass on your comments to team.

In regards to the breakfast it is charged at £20 including VAT so I will immediately refund the outstanding to you please could you drop me an email so I can action and I apologise for any inconvenience fohmanager@hotleindigokensington.co.uk
The price of breakfast is very competitive with similar products, we offer an unlimited choice of continental items which include our home smoked salmon, real honeycomb and fresh fruit and pastries as well as choice from our hot menu which includes cooked to order delicious savoury items such as omelettes and eggs Benedict or sweet items like pancakes and waffles. Alternatively if you were looking for something a bit smaller you can just order the items off our hot menu which are all priced separately or choose to have the continetal breakfast.

Thank you for recommending the hotel and I hope to hear from you soon.

Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Modern, clean hotel. Free soft drinks and snacks in the minibar. Comfortable bed. Large TV. Very quiet. Air conditioning worked well. Location close to Earl's Court Road tube station was very convenient for central London (and arriving from Heathrow).

However, the room was quite small. Shower partially flooded bathroom floor (the screen didn't block all of the water).

Overall, a good deal for a central London hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington - Earl's Court, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay. I am pleased you found the bed comfortable and enjoyed the complimentary mini bar. The hotel is so ideally located to central London and Heathrow whilst being within walking distance of High Street Kensington and many great restaurants and bars.

As our hotel is a boutique style hotel all the rooms vary in shape and size which really adds to its character, however if you do have any preference for room type then please drop me an email. I will inform my maintenance manager to undergo some spot checks of the bathrooms so that we can ensure that we stay on top of any issues with the showers.

Thank you again for leaving a review.

fohmanager@hotelindigokensington.co.uk
Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

When things go wrong, it is the way that they are dealt with that becomes important ....
I reserved a twin-bedded room and when I reached the room (I'd been upgraded to a suite) after checking-in, I found it had only one bed. The receptionist looked slightly lost and called the manager, who after seeing my reservation immediately offered me a second room for my friend. Both rooms were reasonably spacious; mine had extra space for a sitting area. The next problem arose, when I plugged by toothbrush charger into the socket and the lights fused! It took about 20 minutes for a couple of members of staff to find the fusebox to reset the electricity, but in the meantime, they had offered me another room, which I then didn't need. Breakfast was good - beware that the food is cooked to order so it's not fast and the internet worked well. The location is excellent; about 3 minutes walk from Earls Court underground station.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Hampshire - resident

Thank you for your very honest feedback and for acknowledging that sometimes things may go wrong but I am delighted that the team managed to resolve any issues for you to make your stay enjoyable.

All of our rooms have one king sized bed, apart from 2 of our rooms that have 2 beds. I am very happy that the team took the initiative to offer a complimentary room as we were noticing some reservations from 3rd party websites where it had been possible to book 2 rooms. We have now resolved this and if you would like to book a room with two double beds please email me directly. fohmanager@hotelindigokensington.co.uk

It is also good to know that the employees offered you a different room straight away when the lights fused although very glad that they managed to solve the problem so you didn’t have to move. I will ensure the maintenance manager refreshes everyone on the location of the fuse boxes.

I am very glad you enjoyed breakfast, I hope you tried the waffles!

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels in London, but this is by far my favourite to date. Beautiful styling. I was transported to what felt like a Parisian hotel and I love that the staff were Lord and Ladies! Gorgeous colours, the comfiest bed, softest pillows and fluffiest duvet. I was in room 604 - with it's very own Georgian front door. From the 'eat and drink everything you like' fridge, to the gorgeous lime green and lilic colourways in my bedroom, the funky glass cup and saucer and teeny weeny glass cup with sugar cubes in at breakfast, the cooked to perfection salmon and mushroom omelette - even the funky tea bags in my bedroom .. it was perfection. It's all about the detail and the detail was ticked across the board here. Location .. 1 minute from Earls Court tube and 40 minutes from Heathrow airport.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a drink in the bar, it's very stylish. 10 minutes on the tube to Harrods and...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Loveretrosweets

I am so excited that we are your "favourite hotel" in London! I am glad you have noticed the attention to detail in everything we do and trust me if you come back again you will notice even more than before. The tea bags in the rooms are teapigs and they have a tea to match every mood!

The “His Lordship” and “Her Ladyship” mugs are to reflect the fact that all our employees were bought a title when they were employed to represent the rich history of the building that dates back to the Victorian Era.

We really hope that you come back again and if you would like to request the same room then please drop me an email.

fohmanager@hotelindigokensington.co.uk

Been to Hotel Indigo London Kensington - Earl's Court? Share your experiences!