High points on location, but the rest is a disaster and certainly not a 4 star hotel. I booked a deluxe double and was given a "suite" in the basement - could not open the only window and I really wouldn`t open it as it overlooked dusty space where the maintenance team stores unused boards.
The room was clearly dated and it looked dusty and carpets heavily stained. But the worse part was that whenever my neighbors would go to the toilet I could hear them as if they were in my room.
Definitely won`t recommend and certainly won`t book this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine an English country home magically whisked to the most exclusive London borough, and you have The Gainsborough. Named after the celebrated artist, The Gainsborough combines the attractive style of bygone days with an easy informality. To stay here is to enjoy London of fashionable South Kensington, Harrods, the restaurants and antique markets, pubs and delightful backwaters of Chelsea and Knightsbridge. You are at the heart of the capital's culture too with great museums - Science, Natural History, the Victoria & Albert - nearby; and for music lovers, the glorious Royal Albert Hall is just minutes away. The well-stocked lounge bar is the spot for a leisurely drink or a snack from the light menu. With 24-hour room service, butlers on immediate call and a reception ever ready to meet your needs, nothing is too much for our attentive staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotel.de, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Gainsborough Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gainsborough Hotel London
- The Gainsborough Hotel London, England