We booked a two bedroom apartment on line and were very disappointed with our initial allocation. The second bedroom was tiny and it would not have been possible for it to accommodate our two children. Fortunately, the staff were very sympathetic and showed me two other apartments. One was very much better and we moved in to it after one night and were very comfortable. I was pleased that we were not charged a further fee for this apartment and grateful for the staff's help in moving our things. The initial apartment should not be sold as a two bedroom accommodating 4 people as it is misleading.
The apartments are reasonably expensive so there are a couple of policy matters that need to be resolved to reflect the price point. First, the amenities should be replenished daily and the quality improved (they are highly fragranced but not very effective). Second, the range of TV and movie programming available in the apartments needs to be upgraded and made easier to use. There should also be access to current movies for guests to enjoy.
Despite our rough start, we did have a good stay in the end and I would return. However, I would be very careful in choosing the apartment to ensure it was large enough for our needs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury, Location & Choice: 130 Queen's Gate, in South Kensington, offers some of the best serviced apartments in central London. Located just around the corner (literally) from the capital's trio of celebrated museums: the Natural History, Science and Victoria and Albert, and The Royal Albert Hall, Hyde Park and other famous sights all within easy walking distance, 130 Queen's Gate is the ideal location to explore and experience the city. With 50 luxury serviced apartments ranging from spacious Studios to the ultimate in luxury: two 4 bedroom Penthouse Suites with private lift access, the building itself dates from the 1870's when it functioned as four stylish townhouses for upper class families. Today, each apartment, while retaining its period features, is fitted out for comfort with state-of-the-art equipment and furnishings. All the apartments are contemporary in style and have been designed to maximise light. From business to leisure,couples and families, short or long stay, 130 Queen's Gate offers the ideal accommodation solution. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your 130 Queen's Gate Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 130 Queen`s Gate Apartments Hotel London
- 130 Queensgate Hotel London
- 130 Queen's Gate Apartments London, England