Everytime my husband and I go to London, which is at least a couple of times a year because he is British and we visit his family, we stay in The Beaufort Gardens Apartments in Knightsbridge which are excellent and our home away from home in London but sadly this time we had to rush to London for an unexpected reason and there was no availability in there so we found out 130 Queen´s Gate Apartments as an option.
We were very nicely greeted by Pape who was very warm and welcoming to us. We stayed in a 1 bedroom superior apartment. Small, very high ceilings and street level with small windows as well, so not very much light from the outside.
Comfortable bed and pillows, nice bathroom with heated towel bar and small kitchen. They have a welcome pack when you arrive which is some cereal, water, coffee, tea and a couple of biscuits. Very good and efficient housekeeping that kept the flat clean.
The location is very good, 5 min walk to either Gloucester Rd or South Kensington Tube Stations, museums and plenty of restaurants. We enjoyed discovering restaurants such as La Bouchee.
They granted us late checkout with out any charge which was also nice.
However, we were not pleased with the heating. It was via an a/c unit installed in the roof that was so noisy that my husband kept turning it off during the nights because of the noise and then it was very cold. Never achieved a warm temperature during our stay and that was an issue since it was the middle of winter and very cold.
The iron didn´t work well..at first it was stained and stained 2 things I tried to iron. I asked to change the iron, which they did and also washed the 2 stained garments. But the new iron was not able to iron well, so it was a small issue. Never understood why it didn´t iron correctly.
Generally speaking it was a nice stay but the heating issue was a bit annoying. We could have asked for a room change but didn´t to move all our stuff. Maybe you should check that in flat 704.
This will be a good option for our stays in the future but we will always try to return back to The Beaufort Gardens as our 1st option and, if there is no availability, would try the other Claverly Court Apartments from the same group as 130 Queen´s Gate.
We missed the nice box of chocolates when you arrive in The Beaufort Gardens, as well as the extraordinary welcome pack you find in the kitchen, the daily stock of either dishwashing and laundry detergent and the cosy flats but amongst everything we love the warm sensation of family and welcome we get. That makes a difference for us.
- Also Known As:
- 130 Queen`s Gate Apartments Hotel London
- 130 Queen`s Gate Apartments Hotel
- 130 Queensgate Hotel London
- 130 Queen's Gate Apartments London, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 130 Queen's Gate offers some of the finest apartments within minutes of London's main attractions. The neo-classical style property which originally functioned as four stylish townhouses in the 1870's, is located in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. The Capital's trio of celebrated museums, the Natural History, Science and Victoria and Albert Museums, are located around the corner, with the Royal Albert Hall, Hyde Park and other famous sights within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your 130 Queen's Gate Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.