“Nothing too much trouble” 5 of 5 stars
Review of San Domenico House

You added San Domenico House to your Saves list
San Domenico House
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   29-31 Draycott Place, London SW3 2SH, England (Chelsea)   |
Ranked #227 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
UK
“Nothing too much trouble”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Hotel is very convenient as it is in Central London. A short walk Sloane Square Tube Station.The Kings Road is just around the corner. The rooms have a lot of character and are very spacious. would stay again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Polish first
Port Appin, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I've stayed in this hotel three times now and think that it is one of the best value hotels in London. The rooms are spacious and comfortable and ther location is perfect being so close to the Kings Road. I haven't used room service or had breakfast and my one critcism would be that when ordering a drink in the lounge it takes a long time to be served. Other than that it is a small but perfectly formed bolthole. I will certainly continue to use it when I visit London.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Harrogate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Our experience was at this hotel was fantastic. The staff were polite and accommodating-the manager even flagged down a taxi for us. Room 202 was GORGEOUS-will definitely return. Location is fantastic as it is steps away from Tiffany's and Sloane St. The only negatives were the breakfast was overpriced and the shower head was in a difficult position to keep the water in the tub. However, overall we were extremely pleased and tickled to have our first proper English Tea.

Room Tip: 202 was amazing.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We only stayed for 1 night for the price of 165 pounds excluding VAT (pretty good for a 5 star hotel, found deal on trivago). I have to say this hotel is one of the bests I've ever been in my experience, It started with me and Luke (boyfriend) turning up at around 12:50pm at the door knocking to be let in by the staff, they were really nice and helped us show us the room, we were let in earlier than 2pm which I really liked. when we got to our room (204) it was absolutely lush, it was also a good size, they even had sprigs of lavender on the bed pillows. the bathroom was stunning (I've uploaded pictures to show) and the bed was actually delightful to sleep in, the covers were soft and you can tell they were good Egyptian cotton.

We were given an upgrade room which is the Junior Suit to what we had before which was the Gallery suit but me being me I wanted the Gallery suit as it was 2 floors. They upgraded us because our room had a light to be fixed, I didn't mind that being done as the electrician came down in like 20-30minutes and was finished in wouldn't say more than 8 minutes. Once that was done the cleaners did pop by to clean the small mess the electricians had made. (didn't take more than 5 minutes to clean). I wouldn't say these are issues for us as we did turn up earlier than expected but they made our stay absolutely perfect, this hotel is also 5 minutes from Sloane square station and kings road. I would definitely come back here. San Domenico House watch out for us 2 again! :)

Room Tip: Our room was 204
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Guildford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is a quirky place! The location is good and quiet and the bed was comfortable and room clean. I think it is intended to be quintessentially ‘English’ but suspect the owners aren’t so this is a non-Brit’s take on what is ‘typically English’, and probably appeals more to those who are not natives unless you appreciate an eclectic mix of pictures everywhere and high-camp style with sprigs of lavender on the pillows and rose petals down the loo on arrival for example. The picture of a Madonna and grotesquely obese child over the bed was a rather bizarre juxtaposition and there was an odd chair that was too wide to fit under the writing desk so was both annoying and a health and safety issue. Staff were polite and efficient but they desperately need to learn how to make tea properly (given there are no facilities in the room). I have to put up with being served a pot of hot water and tea bags on the side when overseas as they don’t know any better, but in my own country I do expect when ordering a pot of tea that is exactly what I’ll get and not a DIY job. We were advised to book a table in the sub-terranean breakfast room the night before and when we did, were then expected to say exactly there and then what we wanted. At 11pm and suffering from a tummy-bug I had no idea what I might feel like 9 hours later! This is the only place we’ve stayed for years that didn’t do a breakfast buffet so ended up having to have fruit salad/cereal/yogurt etc afterwards (because of course we'd had to order the night before). Hot water and tea bag job again was their idea of doing a pot of tea. Too be honest we found it so much hassle (and at more than £20 each, not exactly cheap) that we decided to do our own thing the next day and would suggest that anyone else staying Mon-Sat do the same – we walked 5 mins down the road to Peter Jones were you can have breakfast in their spacious skyline cafeteria at reasonable prices from 9.30 onwards and where of course you get a perfect cup of tea!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I would love to give this boutique hotel/bed and breakfast 5 stars but although certain aspects were perfect, such as the location (just off Sloane Square) which is really great, the quirkiness of the hotel, the great decoration and the lovely room we had with a little balcony there are a couple of reasons for me not to. The first is that there are a lot of stairs. No problem for us but could be if stairs are an issue, even with the small lift. We were on the top floor and there were a couple of flights after the lift. Second the breakfast was not the best value and being down in the basement a little small. The service was fine and everyone tried hard. The fact you have to ring the bell to get in adds a 'country house' feel to the place. We had tea brought to the Library and it was perfect. We stayed for two nights and would stay again. Slightly high in price but you are paying for the location.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor facing south. The room had a small balcony. Try to go for a balcony if...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

This was a lucky find!
My first time to stay in a small boutique hotel. I admit, I loved it!!
Location is nice and staff was excellent. The only thing I don't recommend here is food and probably the room was a bit noisy at night, but what helped was that we are on a small street with not much traffic anyways.

Otherwise rooms are perfect, clean and very nice like rooms in a French palace.
Me and my wife loved our stay in this hotel and will do it again if we come to London.

Look at the rooms in the virtual tour on the hotels web site.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to San Domenico House? Share your experiences!