“Superb Tea Quality” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Egerton House Hotel

You added Egerton House Hotel to your Saves list
Egerton House Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17-19 Egerton Terrace, Knightsbridge, London SW3 2BX, England (Knightsbridge / South Kensington)   |
Special Offer
3 night for 2
Ranked #2 of 1,066 Hotels in London
“Superb Tea Quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

i must say the the tea quality is out of this world. Very comforting atmosphere and a beautiful room. i definitely know i am visiting again, i had lots of fun and i am glad i stayed. They were very warm and hospitable

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our afternoon tea and I am thrlled that you felt it was out of this world, that the room was beautiful and the atmosphere comforting.

I am delighted to hear that you will be returning and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance at any time.

Michelle Devlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Greek first
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

My Mother and I visited the Egerton House Hotel for Afternoon Tea in celebration of her 60th birthday and we had the most wonderful experience.

From the moment we walked in the staff excelled themselves. They were warm and welcoming and showed us to our seats in the drawing room which was absolutely stunning. In fact my Mother was quite overwhelmed. We were quickly offered a range of teas, including flowering teas which were lovely. We were never rushed and felt completely at ease in the peaceful surroundings.
When the food was served it was very well presented and we were given a description of each individual cake and sandwich. I must say every bite we took was utterly scrumptious! In particular the egg sandwich was an almond crust was very nice and the clotted scream and scones were gorgeous.
To our surprise the staff surprised my Mother by bringing out a cupcake with a candle and singing happy birthday to her. They also presented her with a handwritten cake which was very kind.
We want to thank the staff for giving us such an unforgettable experience.
As far as we are concerned this is the best afternoon tea in London!

Thank you!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

It is so delightful to hear that you had a warm welcome from the time of arrival and that you thought that the dining room was stunning. It is a very beautiful room which we take great pride in. It is so touching that your mother was overwhelmed and I am thrilled that your whole experience was memorable. The food is delicious with a nice selection of sandwiches, scones and clotted cream, not forgetting the delicious deserts. The flowering teas are a big hit with a lot of our quests as they are quite unique.

It is always nice for us to know if our guests are celebrating a special occasion so we can do something a little special and I am pleased that your mother enjoyed her little surprise.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and I do hope that you will have the opportunity of returning on a future visit so that you can have another unforgettable one.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance at any time.

Medina, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

My wife, our 17 year old daughter, and myself spent 4 nights at the Egerton House. We only wish our stay in London, and at this property, could have been longer. The property is small, very discreet and very quiet, yet in a superb location just blocks from Harodd's and the Tube. The reception, the living room and the small bar are all impeccable in their decoration. Our room was also extremely comfortable with all the amenities one would expect at a place like this. Downstairs there is a delightful dining room where we took our continental breakfast every morning. While the physical facility is magnificent, it is really the service that sets this property apart. Whether it was recommending restaurants, getting theatre tickets, hailing cabs or anything else we could think of, the response was a always immediate, extremely friendly and courteous, and exactly what we were looking for. I also must mention the bartender, Antonio, who is rightfully a minor celebrity for the way he runs his bar in the evenings, which turns out to be generally a pretty lively gathering place, late into the evening, even though the hotel is small. We would not think of staying anywhere else in London.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on the site following your stay with us and I am so pleased that you found everything impeccable and enjoyed the location. We are indeed very centrally located and only 7 minutes from Harrods and within walking distance of the iconic shops on Brompton Road. I am thrilled that you liked your room and found it to be very comfortable with all the amenities that you would expect to find in a hotel like the Egerton. Our dining room is delightful and we serve both Continental & full English breakfast so I am also pleased that you got to sample it.

We are a very dedicated knowledgeable team of people who are here to assist with all requests whether it be restaurant, West End Shows or simply directions. It is our great pleasure to be able to help.

Antonio is indeed a celebrity and in his bar and it is definitely a lively gathering place. He has earned his reputation for making martin’s over 40 years .

I am pleased that you would not think of staying anywhere else and please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can be of assistance at any time.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Egerton house hotel is my secret special tea place.
Friendly service and beautiful salon. Tea foods and tea was really good.
I was chef of baby shower afternoon tea party for my friend in 2011. our party was 7 of us.
Hotel staff was really helpful.
Cream tea was good for after shopping around Knightsbridge and south kensington area.
I will come back when my friend coming to London.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely review of your Afternoon tea and we are delighted that you feel that The Egerton House Hotel is your secret special place in London. Thank you also for sharing your experience with us, it a very special experience and a lovely way of relaxing after a busy afternoon shopping.

We do hope that you will visit again when your friend comes to London and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can assist with a booking.

Cabris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

...excellent. We had already been here many years ago. It has always been very good but now it seems to me, it has even improved. Charming. When we arrived we were not in a very good mood because of some problems with the airline company: we had immediately offered a glass of champagne which allowed us to see life " en rose"!!! Welcoming staff, all of them, in a friendly and professional way. Barman Antonio who seems to come directly from La Dolce Vita. His Martini is the best: be prepared....I do hope to visit Egerton again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It was our great pleasure to welcome you back to The Egerton House Hotel after many years and I am thrilled to hear that we have improved from your last visit. I am also so pleased to hear that when you arrived while not feeling very happy you were well looked after by the team and relaxed a little with a glass of champagne. Travelling can be very frustrating so it is nice to know that we helped ease the stress a little. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and I have passed your kind words to all the team and especially Antonio, the martini maestro.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance at any time.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

The Egerton House Hotel has mastered the art of hospitality. I was pleasantly surprised to find the high threshold of Asian hospitality in good old England. The hotel is very well appointed. What makes the difference though is the fantastic service. The staff at the hotel and extremely friendly and take every care of your need, all the time. This is unlike anything you find in any five star property in london.

The Victoria and Albert Suite is the best suite in the hotel. Do try the even tea at the drawing rooms. The presentation is as good as it's taste. Highly recommend this place if you travel with family or kids.

Room Tip: The Victoria & Albert Suite is the best.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of The Egerton House Hotel following your stay with us and I am thrilled to hear that you felt that we have mastered the art of hospitality and that you found the service fantastic ,that the staff were extremely friendly and took care of your every need . It is very rewarding and reassuring. I have passed your kind comments to all the team who appreciate your time.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance at any time.

Diamond Bar, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

The staff is professional, warm and eager to assist with any thing you need.
Our room was decorated with the finest 18th century theme. Every aspect of our visit was first class! Our future trips to London will include THE EGERTON HOUSE!

Room Tip: Room 10 had a lovely bay window. Nice light in the morning and very quiet!!..
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

It was our great pleasure taking care of you on your visit to The Egerton House Hotel and thank you for taking the time to share your experience on the site.

It is rewarding to hear that every aspect of your stay was first class and that it was memorable and delighted to hear that you will include The Egerton House on future trips to London.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance.

Michelle Devlin

Been to Egerton House Hotel? Share your experiences!