“Afternoon Tea” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Egerton House Hotel

You added Egerton House Hotel to your Saves list
Egerton House Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17-19 Egerton Terrace, Knightsbridge, London SW3 2BX, England (Chelsea)   |
Special Offer
4 nights for 3
Ranked #3 of 1,050 Hotels in London
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My daughter chose this hotel to treat me to afternoon tea during a shopping trip to London. The tea of my choice was not topped up, but replaced three times! The sandwiches were full, fresh and fiour different types of bread. The scones light and fresh and the cakes were simply delicious! Our waiter Angel made us feel as we if we had been guests for days and though it sounds crazy after only two hours, but we were sad to leave,but we will be back!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you chose to join us for Afternoon tea The Egerton House Hotel and thrilled to hear that you were well looked after and enjoyed the delicious freshly prepared sandwiches, scones and cakes and that everything was plentiful.

It is also lovely to hear that you felt at home and were well looked after by Angel and we do look forward to serving you again on a future visit.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can assist with a booking.

Michelle Devlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Greek first
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed at the Egerton for three nights last week. I thought that the hotel could not get any better than it had been on my previous two visits. I was so wrong! They simply were fabulous. The staff are so welcoming and will do everything they can to make your stay memorable. When I complimented a staff member, she said "it's what we want to do". They have obviously been well trained but there is an attitude of caring and sincere interest that goes beyond any hotel at which I have stayed. The hotel property is lovely, it is a small 29 room hotel in Knightsbridge. Rooms are very comfortable and well furnished. Every amenity is thought of (when was the last time you opened a desk drawer in a hotel room and found pens, stapler, scissors, etc. placed there for you). This is not a Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton (I stayed at a FS two weeks ago). It is better--more real, more welcoming. By the way, the raves about Antonio, the bartender, are right on.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review of the Egerton House and for your continued support. It is always a pleasure to look after you and thank you for coming back time after time. It proves that we are getting it right and we strive to improve all the time. We are very passionate about what we do and are incredibly dedicated. We want each and every guest to feel as you did. We are a small property with very individual rooms which are indeed very comfortable and well furnished. We like to anticipate guests needs so do try to think of extra little touches that make your stay more enjoyable. I am pleased that you appreciated them. Antonio is one in a million and I have passed on your kind words to him and to all the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Egerton House Hotel on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance or can help with your booking.

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Even thought it's been three weeks since I visited Egerton House Hotel I would like to express my opinion about this hotel.
Just when we arrived we were warmly welcomed by the staff who took us to our room. Because im a fan of blue colour, I was excited to stay in a blue colour decorated room. After few minutes we received a receptionist Zhana's call, who was wondering if we have settled down and if we needed anything. Afterwards, we were suprised by the buttler named Nicole who have brought us few glasses of champagne. Because we had to attend an important party later on in the evening, we ordered light dinner. While we were waiting for dinner, I noticed that my dress needed ironing and the houskeeping girls were more than happy to help me with it.
Ceasar salad was delicious! After we came back from the party we found our room lit in candle light which created a very romantic mood between me and my partner.
The breakfast was served in our room which was beautifully served, perfectly cooked omelette and delicious croissants with coffee.
We were very impressed with the proffessionalism of the hotels staff and the quality of the stay overall. Me and my partner had a fabulous stay at the hotel! Thank you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate you taking the time to post a review on the site.

I am delighted that you like the decor of your room and you received a warm welcome. Glad you enjoyed your glass of champagne on arrival. What better way to start of a short vacation?. It is always nice to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay including dinner and breakfast and I am thrilled that housekeeping assisted in helping you get ready for your night out which I also hope was a success.

We do have a very professional team of people who work incredibly hard to ensure your stay is memorable and who are on hand to help with any requirements you may have and I have passed your comments to everyone.

We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel on a future visit.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed with my partner back in December and I was amazed with the friendliness, professionalism of the staff. Rosslee, Annie and Scott at reception, Pedro, Issam in the restaurant. The room was beautifully decorated and the food was delicious. We had a fabulous time, I cannot wait to be back in July.

Room Tip: There was no swimming pool.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay in December and I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay and plan to return. I have passed your kind words to all mentioned and indeed all the team who are dedicated to making sure your stay is memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Egerton House Hotel on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can assist with a booking for you.

Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I am so excited that I had the opportunity to stay with the hotel again. On a recent trip to London I stayed with the Egerton House Hotel again and the service is just phenomenal. The location is absolutely perfect for shopping and attractions alike. Mauro at the front desk was so kind and helpful and really made my stay so easy. Another lady at reception was very sweet but I unfortunately don’t remember her name. They almost make you feel like one of the family. I’ll definitely be back again. I travel a lot but the service is so amazing here I just have to show my love on TripAdvisor!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you once again for staying with us at The Egerton House and for your continued support. We love to have guests return time after time and I am delighted that your experience was once again memorable. Thank you for your lovely comment about our service, we take great pride in the level we provide for our guests and I am thrilled that you felt it was phenomenal. I have passed your kind words to the team and especially Mauro who all appreciate you taking the time to write about us on the site.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home in the near future and please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance.

Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I got so busy upon returning home during Christmas, I failed to review our stay in London. The trip was a Christmas gift to our "84 year young" friend who's lifelong dream was to see the White Clifts of Dover where so many of her high school friends landed in WW2. My husband wanted to impress her by staying in The Egerton! She still tells all who will listen about the most wonderful hotel in the world! After describing the rooms and the extraordinary people who work there, she then tells about our trip to Dover with Ozkan Kalender our driver! He is the greatest! He worked miracles by finding a boat shop and talked them into taking us out. He even went with us on a wild & wonderful boat ride so she could see the cliffs from the water. His service reflects the great detail this hotel goes to in making each guest feel that we are a welcome part of the"family."

Room Tip: I don't think they have any rooms that are less than perfect!! Each one is unique and beautiful...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

It was our great pleasure looking after you once again and it was so lovely to meet your dear friend. It is so wonderful that she finally got to see the White Cliffs of Dover after so many years. What a wonderful treat ? I am also delighted that you both enjoyed your experience at The Egerton House Hotel. I have passed your very kind words to all the team and also Ozkan who also tells us of the wonderful day out.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to your London home in the not too distant future and please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance.

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This was the best hotel we had ever stayed in! We had traveled from Rome, Florence, Venice, Paris and then London over a 16 day period. By far this was the BEST HOTEL we had stayed in. Not just during this vacation but EVER! They made it so comfortable and even went and had a cake placed in our room for my birthday with all the trimmings! YOU need to stay if you are London no mater what :) Staff was unbelievable!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

How wonderful to read that you felt that this was the best hotel that you ever stayed in having travelled so extensively . What an accolade ? We are so delighted that we made such an impression and it is very rewarding to read such a review.
It is wonderful to be able to celebrate a special occasion and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your cake and trimmings.

That said I hope that when you next visit London you will visit with us again so we can welcome you back to your new home away from home.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance.

Michelle Devlin

Been to Egerton House Hotel? Share your experiences!