“Amazing day out with my family!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Egerton House Hotel

You added Egerton House Hotel to your Saves list
Egerton House Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17-19 Egerton Terrace, Knightsbridge, London SW3 2BX, England (Chelsea)   |
Special Offer
3 night for 2
Ranked #3 of 1,064 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing day out with my family!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

It was 24/03/2013 when our daughter turned 1 year and 11 month and we went to The Egerton House Hotel for afternoon tea. The atmosphere was so friendly and cozy that we felt special from the very first minute. The service and food were just great! The dining manager Raul paid his personal attention to us, waitress Nejole was constantly looking after us and especially our daughter and reception team were always helping what ever request we had! We would definitely recommend this place to all our friends and everyone else! Thank you very much for the amazing day!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor and it is so nice to read that you felt very special from the moment you arrived. Thank you also for your kind words on our service and food. We do pride ourselves on providing the highest possible level of service to all our guests and I have passed your kind compliments to Raul, Nijole and all of the team. Here at The Egerton we love to welcome our little friends and we have lot’s who visit all the time. We are always happy to keep an eye so that parents can relax a little and enjoy the experience. It would be our great pleasure to welcome you back on 24/04/2013 when your daughter will be 2 years old so we may celebrate with you and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance with a booking.

Michelle Devlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Greek first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Went here for afternoon tea with my girlfriend and mum and was instantly blown away by the warm welcome and the look of the hotel. We were instantly seated and greeted by the dining manager Raul who explained everything and offered us a glass of champagne. We felt we were at a friends house rather than a hotel. When the tea came we were very pleased with the quantity as I hadn’t had breakfast and was quite hungry. Having said that we still didn’t manage to finish it all. My favourite sandwich was the cream cheese and cucumber with sundried tomato bread, but my girlfriend and mum preferred the salmon. If I could give this hotel more starts I probably would thanks to Raul and his friendly staff.

Room Tip: Get a table by the window and watch the world go by while you just relax.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback on the site following you Afternoon tea experience with us and I am delighted that you received a warm welcome by Raul our Food & Beverage Manager. We do like our guests to feel that they are at home and with friends so I am very pleased that you felt just that. It is also nice to read that you enjoyed the selections of sandwiches and the quantity. We do want our guests to get value for money.

We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on another occasion and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can make a booking for you.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed here for my husband's birthday and only chose it because of the amazing reviews on trip advisor. All I can say is it lived up to its reviews and then some.

The staff couldn't have been more helpful, friendly and inviting. Scott inparticular was superb, although all the team were amazing!

Thank you for such a wonderful stay in what is a real home away from home.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was our great pleasure to look after you on your recent visit to The Egerton House Hotel to celebrate your husbands birthday and thank you for your very complimentary comments. We do work incredibly hard to ensure that each and every guest has a memorable stay with us and are all very passionate about our home away from home. I am so pleased that we lived up to your expectations and I have passed your kind word to all the team and especially Scott who are all delighted with such wonderful feedback.

We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to your new home away from home on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any assistance at any time.

Manchester England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I changed my booking from one of the big hotels having read the previous reviews on afternoon tea at the Egerton Park!
It was most definitely worth changing!
The hotel is delightful and the afternoon tea was excellent! The staff are extremely warm and friendly and the food itself was beautiful with some delightful touches such as an almond coating on the egg sandwiches plus edible flowers on the cupcakes!
Looking forward to returning!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback on your experience of Afternoon tea at The Egerton House Hotel and thank you for choosing us over one of the big hotels. It is so lovely to hear that you made the right choice. Our beautiful cosy drawing is the perfect place to relax and unwind and enjoy the delicious selection of sandwiches, scones & cakes. I am pleased that you were well looked after and will be returning in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can make a booking for you.

London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Highly welcoming and friendly staff, especially at reception, who helped make our anniversary special with surprises like a welcome glass of champagne, rose petals, chocolate dipped strawberries, cake and scented candles. Very comfortable bedroom, cosy lounge/bar and first class breakfast.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind words following your stay at The Egerton House Hotel and I am delighted that you had memorable Wedding Anniversary with us. So nice to read that you found the staff friendly and welcoming and that your special occasion was made very special with a welcome glass of champagne, cake and other treats. We do like to spoil our guests when staying with us on these occasion so thank you also for letting us know.

I have passed your kind comments to the team who are very grateful .

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance.

Davidson, NC, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Recently stayed four nights at this charming hotel. Great location, excellent service and the most comfortable beds! Clean, bright and decorated with beautiful fabrics this hotel will be my go-to in London from now on. Can't rave enough about how helpful and friendly everyone was, including the famous martini man, Antonio!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely feedback on The Egerton House following your recent stay and I am delighted to hear that you liked the location, found the service excellent and enjoyed our beautifully decorated rooms. We take great pride in our little gem and I am thrilled to hear that you will be staying with us again when you visit London. Our dedicated and friendly team will be waiting to look after you. So nice that you managed a martini with Antonio. He is a character!!

I have passed you kind words to all the team and who very much appreciate it.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I'll compare three hotels in this review: egerton house hotel, montague on the gardens, and the academy (where I stayed a year ago).

Both egerton house hotel and montague on the gardens belong to the same group, the red carnation group. Both have lovely rooms, but Egerton is definitely a notch above montague: better furniture, better carpet, better bath, more tvs and more phones. The property at Edgerton is a lovely house, while montague is a bit of a motel style house: a long corridor with rooms on both sides. For some reason red carnation group loves to crowd their rooms: I find myself constantly pushing around furniture in order to move about, which is a shame, because their room size is actually good. But why do they feel they have to squeeze in an oversized coffee table/desk/couches I honestly can't fathom. One hint if you stay at Edgerton: room 17 has the biggest size in measurement in its category (king bedroom), but it includes a corridor that's quite useless. The garden view is limited as it's in a corner, and there's a balcony right outside that blocks the view.

Service is very good, especially at Edgerton. Highlights: they gave us another room to rest since we arrived early; we went out for a stroll, and came back to find our new room ready, with our bags already there; the lovely girl at reception called a whole bunch of places to book us afternoon tea on a weekend. At Montague, we had a little problem with house keeping, and it was straightened out very efficiently. They even sent some cookies to apologize. A nice gesture!

Breakfast was unremarkable at both places. Edgerton's breakfast room is very small, with terrible acoustics. One can hear the sound of chewing across the room. Honestly! We felt obliged to whisper. The food itself is quite commonplace. Montague's breakfast was not good at all. The cereal was stale, toast was burnt. I complained about the toast, so they took it back, and then brought me under-toasted ones. Oh well. Did not eat there again during the entire stay. Patisserie valerie and Bill's offered much better breakfast!

Egerton has an outstanding bar. They brag to have the best vodka martini which my husband validated, after recovering from the hangover of course.

Now I need to comment on the academy. It's an old but quaint house. Room size varies and some are shockingly small. Furniture is old, but not without charm. They have super nice breakfast. Unfortunately when I stayed there, their internet was pretty much non-existent. If they fixed the internet issue then it's definitely the best value for bloomsbury.

Finally, noise. All are fairly quiet. Edgerton is absolutely quiet. The academy has a bit street noise but didn't bother us at all. Montague turned out to be the worst because of the traffic on the corridor. Especially traffic created by the housekeeping staff. We stayed for a week at Montague, and at least 3 mornings I was woken up by the housekeeping staff. Room 309 (junior suite) is particularly bad because the housekeeping staff always kept their supply cart right outside the door. Another annoying noise issue at Montague is the bathroom fan. It shares the switch for the bathroom lights, and it's so noisy that it made taking a bath in the bathroom quite unpleasant.

Overall, 5 stars for Edgerton, 3.5 for Montague, and 4 for the Academy if the internet gets resolved.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback on The Egerton House Hotel and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am pleased that you loved the rooms, the sizes and the furniture but sorry you felt that the room was a little cluttered. Thank you also for the lovely compliment about our service. We do pride ourselves on it so it is nice to hear that you were well looked after. I am pleased that due to availability were able to give you a room to freshen up in and rest. After a long flight it is well deserved.

I have made note of your comments about our dining room and breakfast offering and am sorry to hear that it was not to your liking. We do offer Continental breakfast and also have an a la Carte menu with Full English breakfast that is hugely popular.

Once again thank you for your feedback which I have passed to all the team and we do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Egerton House Hotel on a future visit. Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance.

Michelle Devlin

Been to Egerton House Hotel? Share your experiences!