“Aaah! Home at last!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Egerton House Hotel

Save Saved
You added Egerton House Hotel to your Saves list
Egerton House Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17-19 Egerton Terrace, Knightsbridge, London SW3 2BX, England (Knightsbridge / South Kensington)   |
Special Offer
Free Breakfast!
Ranked #2 of 1,073 hotels in London
Cambridge
“Aaah! Home at last!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The philosophy of this small group of hotels is one of anticipating the guests' needs and then exceeding their expectations - and they succeed brilliantly. This really did feel like coming home, and we relaxed into the environment of cherishing as the front door closed behind us. Truly, nothing was too much trouble. We let the front desk know that my wife would need a strict gluten-free diet and staff went shopping specially for her to provide bread and biscuits and other ingredients. We were utterly reassured that they understood and provided all the special care that is necessary for people with coeliac disease and with none of the huffing and puffing that so often results when we explain what is required. Quite the opposite in fact: they seemed delighted to be able to demonstrate with a practical example of their attention to detail and care. We loved the comfortable room, the spotless bathroom, the Penhaligon's toiletries, the welcoming bar and the knock-out martinis. Leaving was a real wrench, we would much rather have sold up and moved in permanently.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

What a lovely heading “ Home at last!” . I am thrilled that you felt at home as that is exactly how we want you to feel. Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to share them following your stay with us.

Thank you also for letting us know about your wife’s intolerance it is only by providing this information that we can assist in getting products that will suit her diet. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and I am glad that you appreciated our gesture. Every aspect of our guests stay is important to us and if there is anything we can do to enhance it then consider it done.

So delighted that you loved the room, the bathroom and the wonderful Penhaligon's toiletries and that you experienced Antonio, the cosy bar and his renowned martini’s.

The Egerton is a little home away from home and now that you have found your new home away from home I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you both back in the not too distant future.

Michelle Devlin,

601 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Greek first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We have family and friends to stay with in the London but will still be tempted to stay here for at least a couple of nights in our trips to the UK going forward.

The staff are very hospitable. We enjoyed the hot chocolates in the drawing room during the day and martinis at the hotel bar before our dinner reservations.

Bala.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found it hard to leave and I trust that means that you will return to us on a future visit.

We do like to spoil our guests with little treats and the hot chocolate in the drawing is a huge success with everyone and is very welcomed on a cold wintery day.

I am glad you got to experience Antonio’s martini’s as it is an experience in itself. I have passed your kind comments to all the team who really do appreciate it and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next trip to London.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Our stay at Egerton House Hotel exceeded expectation and expectations were high. One of the best hotel experiences I have had ever. The dedication of the staff and their sincerity in this pursuit was exemplary. The room was superb, location perfect and attention to detail flawless. The team were warm and friendly, anticipating every need without being intrusive. I do hope not too much time elapses before we can return to London to stay at the Egerton again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review following you stay with us at The Egerton House Hotel. It is very rewarding to hear we exceeded your expectations and that it was one of the best hotel experiences that you have ever had. What an accolade?

We have a very dedicated team of people who work incredibly hard and who take great pride in consistently offering an exceptional experience to our guests.

I am delighted that you liked your room , our location and above all found our attention to detail flawless.

I have passed your praise to the whole team, who were equally delighted to hear it. It is always wonderful to hear such positive feedback, and it motivates us to work even harder when our high level of service is acknowledged.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Egerton House Hotel in the not too distant future and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance with any future bookings.

Saffron Walden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Stayed for 1 night to celebrate my husbands birthday. Fantastic experience from the welcome glass of champagne, chocolate dipped strawberries, birthday cake, chilled bottle of champagne on ice, scattered rose petals at turndown and scented candles. What more can I say. Exceptional service, first class breakfast. No request is too much. Would definitely recommend. Previous guest at Hotel 41 and fully intend to try more in the Red Carnation collection.

Room Tip: Booked Classic Double and was upgraded to Deluxe Queen, from what I could see all rooms looked fanta...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely comments on the site and I am thrilled that your husband enjoyed his birthday and his birthday treats and that you both had a memorable stay with us. I am delighted that you appreciated our service, we do take great pride in ensuring that are guests are well looked after and our motto is "No request too large , no detail too small"
I have passed your kind word to all the team who are very greatful.

We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Egerton House Hotel on a future visit and in the meantime hope you also have a memorable experience at our sister properties.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is definitely well worth it! It's the type of place you wish you could always afford to stay when you need/want a hotel and it has a 5 star service (the staff was superb at giving suggestions on anything we asked) Our room was clean and comfortable, and the beds felt so good after a day of sightseeing. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on the Egerton House Hotel and I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I am very pleased that you recognised the high level of service. We have a very passionate dedicated team who work consistently hard to make sure each and every guest has a memorable stay with us. It is nice to read that you did. I am very pleased to hear that you liked our rooms and found them to be very comfortable.

That said I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Egerton House Hotel on a future visit.

Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Egerton House is exactly what it sets out to be, a luxury, super chic, small hotel.
I have stayed here many times and would now not consider staying anywhere else. The service and attention to detail are second to none, you will not be disappointed

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind words about the Egerton House Hotel and we are delighted that you return time after time and would not consider staying anywhere else while in London. As much-valued guests, your feedback is extremely important to us and it is very rewarding to read that the service and attention to detail are second to none.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Egerton in the not too distance future and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance with your booking.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have been to London several times and normally stay in a larger hotel. However, with the rave reviews on TA, I decided to give it a shot. Let me just say, the hotel staff is second to none. The location is perfect, close to Harrods and tons of shopping. That being said, out room was the smallest I have encountered in a London hotel. We were really squeezed for space. The thermostat was very finicky and the TV rarely worked as it should(although we don't go there for the tele). This is a very quiet hotel, which is good and bad. Younger patrons will probably find a better place for nightlife at the bar. While we had a nice visit, we will probably go back to a larger setting. Just too quiet and small for our liking.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor and for the wonderful comments about the staff which I have passed to everyone.
We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always rewarding that it is recognised. We are very centrally located close to Harrods, the Victoria & Albert Museum and the wonderful shops on Brompton Road.

I am sorry to read that you felt the room was quite small and that you were squeezed for space. All our rooms are very individual and vary in size. I am also disappointed to hear that the thermostat was finicky and that the TV rarely worked. Had you brought these issues to our attention we would have had them rectified immediately so I can only apologies.

The Egerton House is located in a residential street away from the hustle & bustle of the Brompton Road which most guests love, however I do understand that it may not suit everyone and was maybe a bit too small and quiet for you. I totally appreciate that some guests prefer the larger settings.

Once again we very much appreciate your feedback and thank you for staying with us.

Michelle Devlin

Been to Egerton House Hotel? Share your experiences!