“Exemplary Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Egerton House Hotel

You added Egerton House Hotel to your Saves list
Egerton House Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17-19 Egerton Terrace, Knightsbridge, London SW3 2BX, England (Knightsbridge / South Kensington)   |
Special Offer
3 night for 2
Ranked #2 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Saffron Walden, United Kingdom
“Exemplary Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Stayed for 1 night to celebrate my husbands birthday. Fantastic experience from the welcome glass of champagne, chocolate dipped strawberries, birthday cake, chilled bottle of champagne on ice, scattered rose petals at turndown and scented candles. What more can I say. Exceptional service, first class breakfast. No request is too much. Would definitely recommend. Previous guest at Hotel 41 and fully intend to try more in the Red Carnation collection.

Room Tip: Booked Classic Double and was upgraded to Deluxe Queen, from what I could see all rooms looked fanta...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely comments on the site and I am thrilled that your husband enjoyed his birthday and his birthday treats and that you both had a memorable stay with us. I am delighted that you appreciated our service, we do take great pride in ensuring that are guests are well looked after and our motto is "No request too large , no detail too small"
I have passed your kind word to all the team who are very greatful.

We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Egerton House Hotel on a future visit and in the meantime hope you also have a memorable experience at our sister properties.

Michelle Devlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is definitely well worth it! It's the type of place you wish you could always afford to stay when you need/want a hotel and it has a 5 star service (the staff was superb at giving suggestions on anything we asked) Our room was clean and comfortable, and the beds felt so good after a day of sightseeing. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on the Egerton House Hotel and I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I am very pleased that you recognised the high level of service. We have a very passionate dedicated team who work consistently hard to make sure each and every guest has a memorable stay with us. It is nice to read that you did. I am very pleased to hear that you liked our rooms and found them to be very comfortable.

That said I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Egerton House Hotel on a future visit.

Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Egerton House is exactly what it sets out to be, a luxury, super chic, small hotel.
I have stayed here many times and would now not consider staying anywhere else. The service and attention to detail are second to none, you will not be disappointed

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind words about the Egerton House Hotel and we are delighted that you return time after time and would not consider staying anywhere else while in London. As much-valued guests, your feedback is extremely important to us and it is very rewarding to read that the service and attention to detail are second to none.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Egerton in the not too distance future and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance with your booking.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have been to London several times and normally stay in a larger hotel. However, with the rave reviews on TA, I decided to give it a shot. Let me just say, the hotel staff is second to none. The location is perfect, close to Harrods and tons of shopping. That being said, out room was the smallest I have encountered in a London hotel. We were really squeezed for space. The thermostat was very finicky and the TV rarely worked as it should(although we don't go there for the tele). This is a very quiet hotel, which is good and bad. Younger patrons will probably find a better place for nightlife at the bar. While we had a nice visit, we will probably go back to a larger setting. Just too quiet and small for our liking.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor and for the wonderful comments about the staff which I have passed to everyone.
We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always rewarding that it is recognised. We are very centrally located close to Harrods, the Victoria & Albert Museum and the wonderful shops on Brompton Road.

I am sorry to read that you felt the room was quite small and that you were squeezed for space. All our rooms are very individual and vary in size. I am also disappointed to hear that the thermostat was finicky and that the TV rarely worked. Had you brought these issues to our attention we would have had them rectified immediately so I can only apologies.

The Egerton House is located in a residential street away from the hustle & bustle of the Brompton Road which most guests love, however I do understand that it may not suit everyone and was maybe a bit too small and quiet for you. I totally appreciate that some guests prefer the larger settings.

Once again we very much appreciate your feedback and thank you for staying with us.

Reigate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

In a nutshell the service is very good. the staff have obviously been taught that very well. the wagu burger at dinner was great, the cream tea was divine and the service as i said second to none. Staff were very friendly too. but a couple of disappointments though. and from the reviews i expected perfection. It has a lovely homely feel to it in an excellent location but a few things need improving. i wanted to love it so so much and i probably will return but i would need to see with management that a few things had improved.

sleep - the matresses were very old. i was told they would be replaced this year sometime but it screwed up my sleep. they did offer me to chose another room but all the other matresses were soft too, even in the most expensive suite. we did get upgraded when after 6 rooms i found a matress that was a bit more supportive but the tv didn't work in this room and i love to lay in bed and watch the television and movies. so they gave us another room to use but i had to walk through hallway to get to the other room to sleep cause the matress in the bedroom where the tv was was too soft. anyway its just that for a 5 star hotel this should be perfect. the guy who was helping us has said the tv has broken down before so in a five star it should be replaced and the matresses should be amazing. If i one can't sleep well in a hotel there is no point of being in a hotel and one should be able to get a good rest on a holiday.

Food - on the food i have mixed feelings. the breakfast i had was not very good. it was good for a3/ 4 star but not 5 star quality. i had the full english breakfast and my whole breakfast was very dry, cold and overcooked and at 26 pounds this should be perfect. my husband had the eggs benedict which was very good though. the cream tea was excellent quality and the wagu beef burgers were amazing. On christmas day for lunch we were recommended to go to the chesterfield restaurant in one of egerton's sister properties. the food was not that good and we would never definately return to this restaurant. the service was great but the food didn't justify the 272.00 pounds for 2 people and we only had one drink of alcohol each!!!!!! so most of it was for food.

the bar - the last thing was that when i booked i spoke to the manager who promised me antonio, the main barman and entertainer the hotel gloats about, would be present on the days i booked. when i arrived antonio was not there and although the guy replacing him was nice it just wasn't the same. Antonio is the master of cocktails and a great knowledge and the guy replacing him didn't have the same knowledge. also antonio creates a special atmosphere.

overall as the service and some of the food was very good i want to return but i would have to see a few things improve first. I really wanted it to be a perfect 2.5 days as i rarely get time off of work and needed it to be perfect. for 2 nights and our trip costing 1275 pounds (including chesterfield dinner) it needed to be better for the money.

but do not go to their sister property the chesterfield for food. not 5 star quality.

the hotel is worth a try cause maybe they improved the value by then.

Room Tip: check if the matresses have been changed first as they are due to change them this year. also do not...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your candid review on Trip Advisor and we appreciate your feedback. I am pleased that you felt that the service was good that you enjoyed the wagu burger and your afternoon tea. It is good that you felt at home and that the location was excellent.

I am sorry to hear that you thought our mattresses were too soft and old. We are committed to maintaining the property to the highest possible standards and it is an ongoing plan that we change them whenever necessary. I was aware that my duty manager was assisting you with your requests and I am glad that we found a mattress that was to your liking. I am only sorry that you then experienced problems with the TV. I can only apologise for this and assure you that all issues experienced during your stay have been fully rectified. It is our greatest goal to make sure that our guests have a most enjoyable stay with us and I am sorry that we did not achieve our goal on this occasion.

I have discussed your breakfast comments with our Food & Beverage manager and I am sorry that the full English was dry cold and over cooked. I am pleased however to hear that your husbands eggs Benedict was good.

I have passed your comments to our sister property about your experience of Christmas dinner and am sure they will be in touch with you directly but allow me to apologise also on their behalf. It was our recommendation and we wanted the experience to be a memorable one also.

Antonio is indeed very famous and people do come from far and wide to sample his wonderful martini’s. Sadly during the time you were with us while he should have been on duty he came down with Norwalk virus and was off duty for a few days. Esley has been trained by Antonio and does a fantastic job but Antonio does create a special atmosphere and it was a shame that you did not experience this.

I do understand that with a busy schedule your down time is very precious and you want to enjoy it and want it to be perfect. I am sorry that this wasn’t the case. But I do hope that you will give us another chance and visit again and I can personally assure you that your stay will not only be memorable but unforgettable.

Once again my apologies and thank you for your feedback.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Having traveled much over the years it is so pleasing to return to such a comfortable unobtrusive and efficiently managed hotel. Very conveniently placed for access to Harrods the museums and theatres of London. A truly world class hotel that I would prefer to keep secret! Gerry H

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and I am thrilled that you had a good stay with us. I am delighted that you felt that The Egerton House Hotel is managed effectively and that you found it comfortable and unobtrusive. We are indeed centrally located close to Harrods, Harvey Nichols, The Victoria & Albert Museum to name but a few. The Egerton House Hotel is our little gem and we hope that you will return to us in the not too distant future.

South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Egerton last week to celebrate an important anniversary. We had a wonderful time in London thanks largely to the lovely room and absolutely superb service provided by every staff member. Our flight from the States arrived at 7 AM and the hotel encouraged us beforehand to come to the hotel upon arrival so that they could make us comfortable and possibly allow us into our room early. Indeed we were in our room happily freshening up at 9:00AM and we had a 6 PM check out our last day which effectively gave us 2 full days added to our stay. I can't count the times wwe were asked if there was anything the staff could do for us. The service is very attentive but not al all stuffy. We enjoyed the nightly fire in the drawing room and cocktails by the wonderful barman Antonucci whose martinis are justifialy famous. I had a Kir royal that was also great and his sense of humor only added to the enjoyment. While the room price is high so many complimentary amenities are included that it ends up being a very good value. We were in Room 31 which was spacious with a nice view. There was virtually no street noise. We plan to return to the Egerton House very soon.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the site for us. It is very much appreciated. I am delighted that we had the opportunity to share your special occasion with you and I am thrilled that you had a wonderful time. We love spoiling our guests on special occasions so I am glad you shared this information with us. Wherever possible we do try to give guests an early check in if we are aware that the flight is arriving early and indeed we also try to offer late check out. These are obviously subject to availability so I am pleased that we were able to accommodate you on both occasions. We are very service orientated, it is our great passion so it is rewarding to hear that it was superb and attentive.

Our drawing is beautiful and cosy during the long evenings and with the fire glowing and Antonio in full swing it makes for a great atmosphere and our guests love it. Antonio’s martini’s are just the best as is his sense of humour. He is a character!

I am so pleased that everything was to your liking and that you appreciated the complimentary amenities. They do add value and are very popular.

We look forward to welcoming you both back to the Egerton House Hotel on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can assist with your booking.

Michelle Devlin

Been to Egerton House Hotel? Share your experiences!