“Fantastic Hotel with English charm” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Egerton House Hotel

Save Saved
You added Egerton House Hotel to your Saves list
Egerton House Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17-19 Egerton Terrace, Knightsbridge, London SW3 2BX, England (Knightsbridge / South Kensington)   |
Special Offer
Free Breakfast!
Ranked #3 of 1,054 Hotels in London
Sydney, Australia
“Fantastic Hotel with English charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The staff were so helpful and made you feel at home. It was personable with the lounge that was cosy and charming. Best martini I have had and hot chocolate and mini fruit pies were provided every afternoon. The room was comfortable and location amazing with harrods and Albert museum a 5 min walk. Should be no. 1 and would stay there again

Room Tip: All rooms at Egerton are amazing and each one styled differently
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review Trip Advisor and I am delighted that the staff were helpful and made you feel at home. Our team takes great pride in offering the highest possible level of service to our guest and it is very rewarding when this is recognized.

Antonio does serve the best martini but I am also pleased that you enjoyed our hot chocolate and mince pies. It adds to the coziness of our drawing room and has been very popular with our guests.

Our rooms are all very individual and all very comfortable and we are indeed very centrally located with Harrods and various museums in close proximity and of course the wonderful shops on Brompton Road.

We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Egerton House Hotel on a future visit.

Michelle Devlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Greek first
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stayed 28th-30th Dec on a Magical London package. My husband and I visited for our anniversary and we were greeted by Scott upon our arrival, who took care of a very smooth check-in. Our room wasn't ready as we arrived much before 2, however we were shown to the drawing room and offered complimentary tea as we waited, which took just 15 mins. We didn't expect to Check-in early and so we were really pleased that we were able to. We stayed in room 24, a beautiful character-filled room on the second floor. I was extremely impressed with the attention to detail; the soft furnishings were to die for. The bed was the most comfortable bed I have slept in whilst away from home, and I have stayed in many hotels around London.. We had everything we needed, even a stationary draw including paper clips and scissors!... luxurious soft robes, the softest slippers, a pillow for the bath, a tv in the bathroom!! I could go on and on... In the evening we decided to try out Antonio's famous martini... My husband and I were blown away. Antonio is such a character, I was lucky enough to have my picture taken with him! Each table had olives, snacks and nuts on which Antonio kept topping up each time we ran low. For our anniversary, Scott and the front desk staff congratulated us with a card and the most beautiful cake (which we forgot to bring home!!! :( but the thought was so kind and we were so touched that the staff had gone to the trouble. Michelle the manager also offered to help us with bookings for restaurants/shows/taxis etc. Breakfast was filled with choice, we opted for the eggs Benedict and my eggs were cooked to perfection. The hotel was ideally located as we were there to shop, with Harrods being around the corner. We popped into Frankies around the corner for cocktails which was enjoyable. All in all, a fantastic experience which I will never forget. We already plan to go back in March. Thank you to all the staff for making our stay so memorable and wonderful; the personal touches really did make us feel totally valued as customers, especially our Christmas stocking! Lindsay & Jamie Piper, South Wales

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review of The Egerton House Hotel and I am delighted that you an enjoyable stay with us on your very special occasion. It was our pleasure to take care of you while waiting for your room and I am happy that we managed to arrange an early check in. I am so pleased that you liked your room, the attention to detail, the comfort of the bed our beautiful robes, towels and slippers. We do like to ensure that guests have everything they need to make their stay as comfortable and relaxing as possible.

Antonio is indeed a character and is renowned for his famous martini’s and anecdotes. It is his passion and he is the Captain of his ship. I am sure he enjoyed having his picture taken with you and I will let him now how much you enjoyed your experience.

It is always a privilege to share special occasions with our guests and I am glad you liked your cake and card. I am thrilled it made the occasion and stay more memorable.

I have passed your kind words to all the team who really do appreciate your comments and your time and we look forward to seeing you both in March.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance at any time.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Egerton House - London in the beginning of November on our way to South Africa. The hotel came as a recommendation / honeymoon gift from my mother and father. As I studied its location I knew we were in for a treat. I have previously lived in Kensington while studying abroad and knew that a hotel in Knightsbridge would have to be superb! The Egerton House is THE place to stay Knightsbridge. Centrally located and only a few blocks from the tube, the Egerton House Hotel is quintessential England. Upon our arrival we were greeted by the staff and felt a warm welcome (we were rather jet lagged and they had our room ready straight away!) The Egerton House feels as though you just came to stay with friends (very rich friends). The decor is super lush - tons of fabrics, antiques and gorgeous artwork. Our room was beautiful and to our surprise we were upgraded to an even better room for the second and third night we stayed (the staff also surprised us upon our arrival from dinner the first night with a room covered in candles, rose petals, champagne & choc covered strawberries!) Staying at the Egerton House was a real treat from a.m. to p.m. - room service with the paper along with gourmet coffee and biscuits in the morning, amazing smoked salmon and eggs in the dining room, water and fresh fruit delivered daily, meticulously detailed room service at any time and the most quaint bar with the best martini I've ever had. There is so much to say about the Egerton House - the staff truly makes you feel at home and treats like royalty! (not going to name names but we actually did see some celebrities have a drink late night in our bar) If you are looking to stay somewhere in London where you can ease your mind from the havoc of walking its city streets than the Egerton House may be for you. Young and old alike will fall in love with its charm and truly enjoy its five star service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was our great pleasure looking after you on your visit to The Egerton House Hotel in November and I am delighted that we were able to be part of your very special occasion. It is nice to hear that you consider it "The" place to stay when in London. I am also pleased that we were able to offer you an early check in after your long haul flight. When you come to stay at The Egerton we want it to feel like you are coming to stay with friends so I am thrilled that that is how you both felt.

All our rooms are individual and we try to allocate according to guest preferences. We also try to upgrade whenever possible but this of course this is subject to availability. Since we had the studio suite available on the second night and it was such a special occasion we were delighted to be able to offer it to you with our compliments. I am happy to hear that you appreciated the gesture as well as well as the romantic turndown.

It is good to know that we got all aspects of your stay right and that you enjoyed everything from the room to the food, amenities and above all the service. We do take great pride in our high standards. How wonderful to hear that you felt you were treated like royalty!

Of course Antonio, his bar and reputation precedes him. He does have a loyal following and it was good that you managed to sample on of his famous martini’s.

I have passed all your kind word to the team who greatly appreciate your lovely feedback.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your first Anniversary so we make the occasion another memorable one.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance.

Newmarket, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Travel to London quite often and ALWAYS stay at the Egerton. Stayed at the Egerton 4 times this year. Location is great -- but staff make the difference. After trying numerous hotels in and around South Kensington and Knightsbridge -- no need to look any further. The staff welcome you like a member of the family and all requests are taken care of in their typical professional manner. Be sure to drop into the wonderful lounge and experience a martini made by the best bartender in London -- Antonio!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and for your continued support. It is a great accolade that you return time after time to your home away form home .

I have passed your comments to the team and especially Antonio (your buddy) and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back in 2013.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance.

South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at hotels all over London, particularly in Knightsbridge. Egerton House is at the very top of that list. Everyone we encountered was professional, gracious and helpful. Wonderful accomodations. We highly recommend the hotel bar where Antonio is a master of the martini. We will definitely return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and wonderful comment about The Egerton House Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. It is particularly good to hear that we are top of your list and I have passed your kind words to the team. Antonio is the martini master and has a huge following. He is so loyal and dedicated.

We look forward to welcoming you back ona future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance.

Karlsruhe, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

The Egerton House Hotel is the perfect place to stay in London. High class service, ideal location close to Harrods and many other shops, nice rooms and very friendly staff! I go to the Egerton House Hotel for 13 years and the quality is always on this high level.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review on the Egerton House Hotel and thank you also for your continued support over the years. We are delighted to welcome you back time after time and thrilled to read that you believe it is the perfect place to stay. I have passed your kind words to the team and we look forward to seeing you once again in 2013.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can assist with your bookings.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed here only 1 night but we are definitely coming back. Staff was amazingly courteous and attentive. The rooms were nice and location is great for tourists. We highly recommend a stay here!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor about your short stay at The Egerton and I am delighted that we left a lasting impression. I am pleased that you found the staff corteous and attentive and the rooms to your liking. It is nice to read that you will return on a future visit.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any assistance with your booking.

Michelle Devlin

Been to Egerton House Hotel? Share your experiences!