“A wonderful place to be.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Egerton House Hotel

You added Egerton House Hotel to your Saves list
Egerton House Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17-19 Egerton Terrace, Knightsbridge, London SW3 2BX, England (Chelsea)   |
Special Offer
4 nights for 3
Ranked #3 of 1,060 Hotels in London
“A wonderful place to be.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

I am writing this from the other side of the coin as it were!
I work at this hotel for a while when I first moved to London,it was an amazing experience,the management were friendly and very easy to get along with,and the staff are always looked after very well,this makes it a lovely place to be.
May everyone who works or visits here have a wonderful time.....enjoy

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Janet A,

Thank you for posting a review on the site about your time at The Egerton House Hotel and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed working here. I am sorry not to have met you personally but that said if you are ever in the area of the hotel please do feel free to come and join us for a glass of mulled wine and mince pie. I do hope that your carreer is going and I wish you all the best.

Michelle Devlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Greek first
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I've just returned from a 5-night stay at Egerton House - my third time staying at this absolutely perfect hotel.
Let's start with the location: the hotel is just off the Brompton Road (so it's a short walk to the Victoria & Albert Museum, Harvey Nichols, the Knightsbridge tube station, etc.), yet it's tucked into a quiet, lovely, residential street.

From the moment I arrived at Egerton House (groggy from a sleepless overnight flight), I was reminded why I so love staying at this hotel. Egerton House is posh without being pretentious, and the staff -- at the front desk, in the dining room, and in the bar -- is unfailingly gracious and accommodating. This hotel is a little oasis of calm and hospitality in the midst of bustling London, and I can't imagine staying anywhere else. Thanks to Annie, Michelle and the whole Egerton House team for yet another wonderful stay !

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you once again for staying with us at The Egerton House Hotel. It is always our great pleasure to take care of you. Thank you also for you lovely comments which I have passed to all the team.

We are indeed very centrally located close to Brompton Road, the Victoria & Albert Museum, Harrods and Harvery Nicols and are in fact only 10 minutes for the heart of the West End so a very popular destination for that esssential shopping.

I am thrilled to hear that as soon as you arrived you realised why you love coming back and am delighted to know that once again you were well looked after. It gives us great satisfaction and is very rewarding to know that our hard work is appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit and please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance ith your booking.

Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

My husband, two friends and I stayed at this wonderful hotel in October, 2012. Everything was great. The rooms are beautiful, the staff delightful, helpful and charming. It was such a great way to end our vacation. I am taking a dear friend (she's 84!) to London and of course we are delighted to stay in the Egerton Hotel again. My friend, remembers WWII and has always wanted to see London as well as the White Cliffs of Dover, where so many of her generation came ashore in WWII. I am so blessed to get to bring her to London and share her memories! The Egerton Hotel is the icing on her Christmas Cake!!!

Room Tip: Have Annie McCrann pick it for you!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words about the Egerton House hotel and I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay with us and are planning on returning.

It is so wonderful that you will be bringing you very dear friend for a very special occasion and be assured that we will take great care of you both and make sure that she has a a very special visit with us.

Please do not hesitate to contact me or any one of my team for assistance with any aspects of your visit.

We look forward to welcoming you and your friend to The Egerton House Hotel and can assure you that we will endeavour to make this stay another one to remember.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My husband & I had the pleasure of staying at the Egerton House Hotel in October for 3 nights. It was a sheer delight! Nothing was too much trouble. The staff were helpful in every way. The warmth and character of the hotel and our room were just delightful - it feels like a home, not a hotel. Little touches everywhere to make your stay more comfortable. Drinks in the bar with Antonio were a treat. Brilliant location too. We have already recommended your hotel to friends and are happy to spread the word here. Stay at the Egerton - you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

How wonderful to read a heading "We will be back" I am so pleased that you had felt that it was a sheer delight and am thrilled to hear that it felt like home and not a hotel We want our guests to feel that they are in their "home away from home" and I am pleased that we got it right.

Antonio is a delight and it is quite a treat to have one of his martini's. They are his pride and joy.

Thank you for your very kind words and indeed reccommending us to your friends and we look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My Partner and I visited the Egerton House Hotel in Knightsbridge. It was his first time and my 6th. He now understands why I keep returning. The service is personal and excellent with staff going out of their way to be helpful and to do the planning and booking of restaurants and attractions. The hotel is full of comforts and quite luxurious. It is well located in our favourite part of London. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on the site. We are delighted that we had the pleasure of looking after you once again and indeed meeting your partner for the first time. I am delighted that he enjoyed his first experience and hope that he will return with you on a future visit The Egerton House Hotel.

I have passed your kind words to all the team who do work extermely to ensure each and every guest has a most enjoyable stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant and please do not hesitate to contact any member of the team to assist with reservations,restaurant, theatre or transport arrangements.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed for two nights at the Egerton. What a wonderful place. Warm, exceptional service, every inch of the place spotless, lovely breakfast, and amazing martinis! They think of absolutely everything. Great location as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for posting a review of The Egerton on the site. We very much appreciate it.
I am delighted to read that you feel that we think about everything as we certainly try. I have passed your kind words to all of the team but especially Housekeeping and Food & Beverage.

I am thrilled that you managed to try one of Antonio's amazing martini's. He is the master of the the martini'.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Egerton House Hotel on a future visit and please do not assistance to contact us if we can be of any assistance at any time.

Michell Devlin
Ankara
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed for three nights at the Egerton House Hotel and we felt so much "welcome" as soon as we arrived at the the hotel. All through our stay, each of the staff we encountered was very helpful, friendly and polite. Both the lobby and the rooms are furnished in such a tasteful style. The location of the hotel is an another big plus.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Egerton House Hotel? Share your experiences!