“It is so good we are going back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Egerton House Hotel

Save Saved
You added Egerton House Hotel to your Saves list
Egerton House Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17-19 Egerton Terrace, Knightsbridge, London SW3 2BX, England (Knightsbridge / South Kensington)   |
Special Offer
Free Breakfast!
Ranked #4 of 1,073 hotels in London
Silver Spring, Maryland
“It is so good we are going back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

My husband, two friends and I stayed at this wonderful hotel in October, 2012. Everything was great. The rooms are beautiful, the staff delightful, helpful and charming. It was such a great way to end our vacation. I am taking a dear friend (she's 84!) to London and of course we are delighted to stay in the Egerton Hotel again. My friend, remembers WWII and has always wanted to see London as well as the White Cliffs of Dover, where so many of her generation came ashore in WWII. I am so blessed to get to bring her to London and share her memories! The Egerton Hotel is the icing on her Christmas Cake!!!

Room Tip: Have Annie McCrann pick it for you!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words about the Egerton House hotel and I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay with us and are planning on returning.

It is so wonderful that you will be bringing you very dear friend for a very special occasion and be assured that we will take great care of you both and make sure that she has a a very special visit with us.

Please do not hesitate to contact me or any one of my team for assistance with any aspects of your visit.

We look forward to welcoming you and your friend to The Egerton House Hotel and can assure you that we will endeavour to make this stay another one to remember.

623 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Greek first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My husband & I had the pleasure of staying at the Egerton House Hotel in October for 3 nights. It was a sheer delight! Nothing was too much trouble. The staff were helpful in every way. The warmth and character of the hotel and our room were just delightful - it feels like a home, not a hotel. Little touches everywhere to make your stay more comfortable. Drinks in the bar with Antonio were a treat. Brilliant location too. We have already recommended your hotel to friends and are happy to spread the word here. Stay at the Egerton - you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

How wonderful to read a heading "We will be back" I am so pleased that you had felt that it was a sheer delight and am thrilled to hear that it felt like home and not a hotel We want our guests to feel that they are in their "home away from home" and I am pleased that we got it right.

Antonio is a delight and it is quite a treat to have one of his martini's. They are his pride and joy.

Thank you for your very kind words and indeed reccommending us to your friends and we look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My Partner and I visited the Egerton House Hotel in Knightsbridge. It was his first time and my 6th. He now understands why I keep returning. The service is personal and excellent with staff going out of their way to be helpful and to do the planning and booking of restaurants and attractions. The hotel is full of comforts and quite luxurious. It is well located in our favourite part of London. We will definitely be returning.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on the site. We are delighted that we had the pleasure of looking after you once again and indeed meeting your partner for the first time. I am delighted that he enjoyed his first experience and hope that he will return with you on a future visit The Egerton House Hotel.

I have passed your kind words to all the team who do work extermely to ensure each and every guest has a most enjoyable stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant and please do not hesitate to contact any member of the team to assist with reservations,restaurant, theatre or transport arrangements.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed for two nights at the Egerton. What a wonderful place. Warm, exceptional service, every inch of the place spotless, lovely breakfast, and amazing martinis! They think of absolutely everything. Great location as well.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for posting a review of The Egerton on the site. We very much appreciate it.
I am delighted to read that you feel that we think about everything as we certainly try. I have passed your kind words to all of the team but especially Housekeeping and Food & Beverage.

I am thrilled that you managed to try one of Antonio's amazing martini's. He is the master of the the martini'.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Egerton House Hotel on a future visit and please do not assistance to contact us if we can be of any assistance at any time.

Michell Devlin
Ankara
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed for three nights at the Egerton House Hotel and we felt so much "welcome" as soon as we arrived at the the hotel. All through our stay, each of the staff we encountered was very helpful, friendly and polite. Both the lobby and the rooms are furnished in such a tasteful style. The location of the hotel is an another big plus.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

What a great experience we had. The staff. Would go beyond and above what we would ask.
They were so helpful finding us great restaurants, advising us on where to go and how to get there.
The room was tastefully furnished and the bed was one of the best I have slept in years of travel.
The hotel is perfectly located one block south of Bromley road. A 5 minute walk to 3 museums
Harrod's and all shopping areas. We needed a late check out as our flight did not leave until
Late in the evening. That was not problem for the Manager of this hotel. we were able to stay until
6pm which was the time we had to leave for the airport. What else can I say except this hotel
Should be on your A 1 list when traveling to London

Room Tip: Any room on the the second or third floor is great. Very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Cologne Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Booked acidentally in this hotel thinking it was another and was pleasantly surprised at just how good this hotel was. The staff were extremely helpful and at such a high level that I have rarely expereinced before and I am staying at a hotel somewhere around the world almost every week. The cleanliness of this hotel can only be described as outstanding and the cooked English breakfast the best ever in my many times staying in London hotels., It is always difficult judging value especially in London where everything seems to be outrageously expensive.
How pleasant it was to stay in this hotel and in the Westbury Dublin within one week both offering me such exceptional service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

It was our great pleasure to look after you on your recent visit to The Egerton House Hotel and I am thrilled to read that we did not dissapoint. Our guests experience are very important to us and it is nice to read that you found all aspects of your visit to your satisfaction and above. We do pride ourselves on our high level of service and work extremely hard to ensure every guest goes away feeling like you. This is a huge reward for us. I have passed your comments to all the team who are indeed very grateful.

We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to stay with us on a future visit to London.

Michelle Devlin

Been to Egerton House Hotel? Share your experiences!