“Don't think.. just book this place.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Egerton House Hotel

You added Egerton House Hotel to your Saves list
Egerton House Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17-19 Egerton Terrace, Knightsbridge, London SW3 2BX, England (Chelsea)   |
Special Offer
3 night for 2
Ranked #3 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Stroud, Glos
“Don't think.. just book this place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is quite possibly the best hotel I have ever stayed in. If you're looking to stay somewhere where you are not treated like a number then this place is it. They take pride in ensuring their residents have everything they need and they do it in such an easy, non-stuffy way. You really feel special in this place and you don't feel overly fussed on.

We stayed for our anniversary and our room was decorated with flowers and rose petals and candles when we came back from our meal (and a rather late night in the bar). It was a really nice touch.

The bar is great - Antonio is a legend and tries to encourage everyone to have a martini. The mix of guests and regular local visitors really makes you feel like you are part of something really fun and different. We had a really fantastic and fun night, and have not laughed so much in ages.

We were sad to leave, but we'll be back I am sure!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are different - quite small, but this place is cosy.. bigger isn't better!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review on the site. We are very grateful for your wonderful comments and I have shared them with all my team. What a wonderful accolade that "The Egerton House Hotel is the best hotel you have ever stayed in". We do work incredibly hard to make sure sure that our guests have a memorable stay with us and I am thrilled that we did this for you.

It is lovely to read about your exoerience in the bar. It is exactly as you said. Antonio does encourage everyone to try his martini's and it does make for a fun evening. So I am pleased that you had just that with lot's of laughs.

We look forward to welcoming you back on a future trip to London.

Warm reagrds,

Michelle Devlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Greek first
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The Egerton House Hotel is like an London Club .. Wonderful cocktail / high tea space -- its almost like being in a royals living room . All of the staff are most accommodating , helpful , cheerful in every way . Breakfast is a treat and the servers only want to please .. ( Do not miss breakfast). Antonio , the master bartender will make you a very special martini .. two is my absolute limit. We have been coming to London for 45 years -- and this is our new favorite hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms tend to be small ... try to upgrade.
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely review of The Egerton House Hotel and I am delighted to hear that you have been coming to London for 45 years and have finally found your new favourite hotel. I have passed your comments to all my team and especially Antonio who definitely is the master bartender.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Egerton House Hotel in the not too distant future.

Surrey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I recently had the great pleasure of experiencing afternoon tea at this beautiful, intimate hotel. The staff were wonderfully attentive and made us feel very special. Tea was divine with a lovely selection of sandwiches, scones and beatiful cakes, pastries and macaroons. we were there for a couple of hours and did not feel rushed or hurried at any time. Staff checked on us to make sure everything was ok and to see if we needed anything else but this was done in a wonderfully unobtrusive way. I would highly recommend afternoon tea at this gem of a hotel,

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and wonderful comments about Afternoon Tea at The Egerton House Hotel. I am so pleased to read that you felt it was divine. It is such a lovely experience and I am delighted that you were well looked after. Our staff takes great pride in consistently offering an exceptional experience to our guests and I am so glad we did just that. I have passed your comments to all my team.

We do hope that you will return to The Egerton House Hotel in the future so that we may have the pleasure of serving you again.

Once again our thanks.

San Carlos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The staff was wonderful and looked over us from our breakfast through the nightly turndown. Mario, Nicoleta and Scott at the front desk arranged our tours and transportation needs with amazing efficiency. Antonio oversaw cocktail hour while making his masterful martinis. Annie the Deputy General Manager/Gem was on top on every situation and personally saw to our comfort level in a new city, paying me the kindness of escorting me and walking me through the purchase of our oyster cards for travel on the tube. Now it just does not get any better than that. My apologies to those I did not mention in this review, I should have learned all your names.

Jeanne and Bob, San Carlos, California

Room Tip: We were in room 16 which was fabulous, lovely furnishing and maintained to perfection. All the room...
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review The Egerton House Hotel and I am thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that the staff were wonderful. We do pride ourselves on the high level of service we provide to our guests and I am pleased that we made your stay memorable. Once you arrive at The Egerton it is our great pleasure to assist you with all aspects of your stay and it is great to hear that we did.

I have passed your kind comments to all my team and of course they are thrilled with the recognition. It is very rewarding.

We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Egerton House Hotel on a future trip to London.

Langley, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I just spent 5 nights at the wonderful Egerton House hotel celebrating my birthday and our wedding anniversary. The managers,front desk staff, dining room staff, everyone were so helpful and friendly. I wasn't quite expecting such attentive staff and attention to detail. We had a wonderful cake delivered to our room for our anniversary, afternoon tea delivered everyday to our room served with melt in your mouth shortbread! We also had high tea in the drawing room and champagne and roses delivered to our room on our last night, yet another unexpected surprise! I highly recommend this hotel if you want to be pampered. We loved it!!
A special thank you to Annie and Rosalee, you were delightful!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor and I am delighted to read that you had a memorable stay with us. It was a great pleasure for us to be able to share your birthday and wedding anniversary with you and I am so glad to hear that you were well looked after and treated to your birthday cake and a romantic turndown for your anniversary. We just love doing little things to make your stay special and memorable and it is rewarding to hear that we did just that.

I have passed you very kind words to all my team but especially Annie & Rosslee.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future special occasion and please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of any assistance.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This hotel is well located, has a helpful staff, and has lovely rooms. What really sets this place apart from other hotels, however, is the attention to detail. The was a bath pillow for soaking in the tub, the toilet had a brass handle so you did not need to touch the seat, there was water and fruit in the room, the toiltetries were from Penhaligons, there were two style of robes, the bathrooms floors were heated, there was heated towel rack, the towels were thick and luxurious, they had an extensive and unique pillow menu (try the buckwheat), etc. These details really set the place apart.

We had a "superior room" on the third floor - it is actually the one pictured on TA right now as I write this review. The room was small and if we had stayed more than a couple days we may have wanted for more space. That said, the room overlooked a private garden and included a desk, comfortable bed, two seats and a table. There also was a TV in the bathroom, which was unexpectedly fun! The bath is the typical UK bathroom - with the deep tub and half shower door.

The hotel was quiet and we slept peacefully. It is an easy walk from the Knightsbride tube stop (maybe 4 blocks). We have stayed at a sister property - the Milestone - and continue to believe Red Carnation Hotels are some of the best available today.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed feedback on your visit to The Egerton and I am delighted that you had a memorable stay with us. It is so nice to hear that the attention to detail sets us apart as we work consistently hard to make sure that we get it right.

We have an extensive pillow menu and indeed bath pillows in all bathrooms which are a big hit with our guests.We also have bathroom TV''s in all rooms, the renowned Penhaligon toiletries and thick luxurious towels. Everything one need to relax after a day of shopping and sightseeing.

The room you occupied one of our beautiful deluxe queen rooms which does indeed overlook the gardens.. While we are located in the heart of knightsbridge but in a residential area we are very lucky to have the garden view at the back of the property.

The Egerton is a very special little property, with very special quests and I do hope that when you next visit London you will visit us once again so we can welcome you to your new London home.

Potomac, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The Egerton House Hotel is a small, intimate charming hotel in the most perfect and lovely area of the city, Knightsbridge.It is within walking distance to museums, fabulous shopping and wonderful pubs and restaurants.
The staff could not have been more accomodating and anxious to help in any way possible.
The hotel itself is beautifully appointed and the rooms are immaculate, furnished impeccibly and filled with every necessity. They seem to anticipate every need.
Breakfast is quite lovely and delicious and accomodates every palate.
On our second trip back we were welcomed like family.
We wouldn't stay anywhere else in London!

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts on your visit to The Egerton and I am delighted that you returned and got a warm and and family like welcome. We do take great pride in looking after our guests and are a very dedicated team so I am delighted that you found us accommodating and helpful.

Our rooms are very individual and beautifully appointed and do we try to anticipate our guests needs so I am pleased you felt that.

It is so nice to hear that you would not stay any where else in London and we hope that we will be able to welcome you back on your third visit in the not too distant future.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance.

Michelle Devlin

Been to Egerton House Hotel? Share your experiences!