“A very good hotel in a very safe and strategic location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Egerton House Hotel

You added Egerton House Hotel to your Saves list
Egerton House Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17-19 Egerton Terrace, Knightsbridge, London SW3 2BX, England (Knightsbridge / South Kensington)   |
Special Offer
3 night for 2
Ranked #2 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Jakarta, Indonesia
“A very good hotel in a very safe and strategic location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

What I like about this hotel is the location, it is in a very safe area, walking distance to shops. The interior is nice and neat.
What i do hope can be improved is, building more connection between the staff and the guests. One of the important things about a small boutique hotel is the feeling of being welcomed. Some of the staff are very very nice and some of the staff snob.

It is a huge responsibility to be #1 ranked in Tripadvisor, people can be turned down easily from little things that is not right because they expect A LOT.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
SandraAnido, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, May 4, 2011
Dear Guest, thank you very much for your feedback. I am very glad to hear you found the Hotel's location safe and strategic and that you liked the interior.

Our guests feedback is extremely important to us and as you can imagine I was very sad to read that you felt that not all of the team members made you feel welcome and that you felt they were snobbish. From speaking to all my team members who interacted with you throughout your stay, I can assure you that it was certainly not their intention and they were equally as surprised as I was. None of us want our guests to feel in any way unwelcome at any time. I have duly taken your feedback onboard and will make sure that we will always live up to our reputation of being warm, welcoming and friendly.

We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Egerton House on a future visit, do contact me personally on sanido@rchmail.com if you wish to discuss this matter further.

Warm regards,

Sandra Anido

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Greek first
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

The service was welcoming, attentive and informed.
The room overlooked gardens and was presented in immaculate detail. Clean and well maintained, comfortable and with all the room amenities you could wish for as well as individual touches of personally selected chocolates each night with the turn down service.
Fantastic location just off Knightsbridge, one back fromt he main road but literally steps away from the V&A and Harrods as well as the park and lots of choice of shops restaurants tube and taxis.

The breakfast room was a delight with great service and food. The small bar and lounge equally so and a welcome oasis on return from a night out.

Would thoroughly recommend and we intend to return again soon.

Brewster, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

The staff was friendly, smart, prompt, kind, helpful,and discreet.
The Hotel is elegant and cozy. Our room was overlooking Egerton Terrace and even with the window open at night.- it was very quiet. The room service, from cleaning staff to dining was perfection. When you need your coffee at 8- they come at 8 sharp! Details such as the night turndown with candle lit bathroom, sweets and slippers by the bed were charming.
The High Tea was one of the best I ever had in my many visits to London. The scones were perfection.
Anthony, the barman, who is famous for his martinis is a charmer and indeed the martini's are served with panache and with the best ingredients chilled and delivered with great care as it is poured ABOVE the rim! He made us feel welcome in the comfortable club chairs and sofas and made it one our favorite spots to hang out at the end of the evening.

From the daily papers to superb and central location to two main tube stations as well as great walking to nearby shops and museums- this Hotel was well worth the price for an upscale Hotel experience.

We also availed ourselves of the LA fitness pass at a nearby full facility gym with pool and sauna. Much better than the small fitness centers you usually find crammed into a basement on site! It was also a nice short walk there and back.

I would highly recommend this hotel for the price point.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor room!
  • Stayed April 2011
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

This was our second time here in three months. The staff here are the best we've ever encountered. We were talking about our stay a few months back and reflecting on our most recent visit and we decided that we love Egerton House so much that if the hotel is sold out during future dates we were looking into then we would rearrange our schedules such that we can stay here. We've been around the world and back, but NEVER have we considered planning our visits around the availability of the hotel of interest.

The staff are all so warm, personable, accommodating and ready to serve. Sylvain and David run a smooth and exceedingly attentive front desk. Seif is well seasoned with room service. Antonio runs the bar like your cool uncle would...like you're family. Dario is always at one's service.

You can't beat the area as it's super convenient and you're in the city, but tucked away on a quiet residential street a few blocks from Harrods. Sounds like a small thing but it really helps with the relaxation factor. Also, many locals visit the hotel for drinks-a nice touch.

Room Tip: Go for the Kings. The Queens are nice, but tight.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

The moment we arrived at the Egerton house Hotel, I knew it was going to be special. We were looked after so well at reception, they could not do more for us.
The room was lovley, small though considering we were staying for 9 days. The bathroom was also beautiful and the fact you could watch telly in the bath was rather special.

The continental Breakfast was always fresh, beautifully laid out and kept us going till lunchtime. The bar was lovely for relaxing over a drink or a cup of tea also. The room service was amazing and I can highly reccomend the Club Sandwhich (heaven on a plate)

All in all we really enjoyed our stay at the Egerton house Hotel but as usual it really is the staff that make a stay most memorable and the staff at the Egerton were amazing.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

I stayed at the Egerton House Hotel for 2 nights in January and I can only say that it was the best experience I have ever had. From the time I checked in until my departure I felt like I was at home away from home. Nothing is forgotten, each member of the team remember your name, your likes and dislikes. Feray, a lovely Turkish lady checked me in while offering me a glass of complimentary champagne and throughout my stay I felt very pampered and very special and I can't wait to return!

• Stayed January 2011
Stratford-upon-Avon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

My wife and I stayed here after I had an exhibition at Harrods and we just planned to stay one night. Our welcome was incredibly friendly and the staff that checked us in were very charming and helpful and, after a quick freshen up, we headed down to the lovely bar. The actual bar itself is small, if you like to sit there and not at surrounding tables, but so intimate that it makes you feel like it is just yours for the night. Antonio is just wonderful. I had a 'perfect' manhattan and my wife enjoyed their Cosmopolitan. We went to the exhibition and returned after midnight to continue our conversation with Antonio. At some late point we were all singing the Italian Opera greats and this is very easy to do in the company of this fine Sicilian gentleman. We indulged ourselves so much that we booked an extra night. We were delighted to do so as the service was excellent, charming and relaxed.
The second night was a bit blustery and the old, sash windows kept reminding us that this was no passing breeze. It reminded us all night so that we couldn't sleep for more than about 30 mins at a time. We jammed paper and toilet tissue into the frame to contain it, but it was no good. On checking out, the staff apologised about our fitful night's rest , but took nothing off the bill. As you can imagine, it's Knightsbridge, so you will pay a very tidy sum when everything is totted up, but charging us full whack when we couldn't sleep seemed very inconsistent with the rest of the stay.
I'd pop in to see Antonio again but I don't think I'd book a room again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Anniejermyn, Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review we greatly appreciate your comments.

It was our pleasure to take care of you and I am delighted that you were well looked after. We pride ourselves on our very high level of service and I am thrilled that you felt your welcome was warm and friendly.

Antonio our wonderful barman loves to serve up his killer martini’s and with the cosy atmosphere of our delightful drawing room and bar, most of our guests end up staying until the early morning while enjoying his great arrangement of his Italian Opera collection so I am glad you got to experience that. It is all part of the charm of our little gem.

I am pleased that you felt so at home that you extended but I do apologise about the noisy window sash .I only wish that you had called down to the front desk so we could have rectified the noise problem. These things can be very annoying and I am sorry that you didn’t get enough sleep. But be assured it has now been fixed.

If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me directly at any time at Sanido@rchmail.com and do stop by to see Antonio and enjoy a martini with our compliments.

Warm regards,

Sandra Anido

Been to Egerton House Hotel? Share your experiences!