“Small, Cramped and Noisy” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt

You added Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   68-86 Cromwell Road, | Kensington and Chelsea, London SW7 5BT, England (South Kensington)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy breakfast for less
Ranked #344 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Northern Ireland
“Small, Cramped and Noisy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2005

We stayed in this hotel over the November half term week and were very disappointed in it. We booked it as a last minute deal through the Internet so I don't know if the room we got was indicative of all the rooms in the hotel or if they reserve especially small, pokey rooms for people who take up the last minute offers. Anyway, our room was at the back of the hotel and I assume looked onto a back alley. I say 'assume' because they had frosted glass in the window to stop you looking out. The room itself was just about bigger than the bed and storage space was a joke, one very small cupboard built into a corner so you could hardly reach it. The bathroom was also very very small. On the bright side, the room was clean and the hotel's public areas were lovely. My biggest complaint though was the noise! The hotel seems to have wooden floors throughout and all night long I was woken up by stilletto heals clip clopping along the wooden floors. The noise seemed to reverberate along the whole corridor. The hotel is very well located directly opposite a tube station and it suited us for our time in london as all we needed was somewhere to sleep but I would definitely not return to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2004

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2005

Had an absolutely awesome experience at this hotel in March 2001. The hotel staff is fabulous, it's right next to the tube, and it's first class accomodations. I will be staying here again!

Indianapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2005

I can provide several positive notes about my experience at this hotel. The staff members were very professional and permitted me to check in early even though I had not requested this in advance. The bar staff was genuinely friendly and even comped me on a drink during my final night's stay. The proximity to the Glouchester Road tube stop was also a plus. My greatest single complaint about this hotel was the room size. Granted, most London hotels are small compared to many other cities, but this room was especially tiny. I'm not sure if the fact that it was a twin room rather than a double made a difference or not. To make matters worse, the bathroom - which in London usually matches or exceeds American standards - was equally miniscule. I expect small rooms when I travel to Europe but this one was small to the point of distraction. You have to feel that you are getting decent value for the room and this hotel just did not cut it. I can only call it an average experience at best.

• Stayed April 2004

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt? Share your experiences!