“Great location, ask for alternate room if not satisfied” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt

You added Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   68-86 Cromwell Road, | Kensington and Chelsea, London SW7 5BT, England (Kensington and Hyde Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now & Save Up To 20%
Ranked #366 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great location, ask for alternate room if not satisfied”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2009

I stayed here for four nights as part of a flight/hotel package. Based on the cost of the flight alone, the room was a steal at about $500 USD for all four nights ($125/night).

I was concerned that I might get an inferior room as I was told it would be "run of the house" or a room of their choice with no guarantees of size. I did request at least a double bed as some singles are only a twin. My first room was standard (small) but comfortable. My only complaint was that there was no table or desk to lay open a magazine, book or newspaper and one small uncomfortable stacking chair. The next morning I asked if they had a room with a desk and I was moved to a very spacious room with large bay window, sofa and side chairs, a large desk and larger closet and bath. I was pleased to learn it would be at no additional cost.

The lift is indeed tiny and very slow. I often waited upwards of 5 minutes for it to arrive and it seemed to be being used by staff - perhaps they could lock it off to prevent it from stopping along the way to pick up additional passengers. As far as I know there is only one lift and that is a problem during the morning cleaning processes. I could hear it passing my floor again and again before it finally stopped. In all fairness, there are only four floors and there are several wide and open staircases if you are in a hurry.

The breakfast was plentiful and hearty. I chose to take a tray to my room and had plenty to make a snack for "the road" to take along during my sightseeing later on. The buffet included fresh fruit, pastries and rolls/bread, cereal, juices and other beverages, cold meats, sausages (2 kinds), eggs - both hard boiled and scrambled, fried bread, bacon, broiled tomatoes, yoghurt, and potatoes. Did I forget anything? Needless to say - very substantial!

I found my rooms clean and in good order. The "business center" consisted of two computers and a printer in cubbies with high stools (not very comfortable, so standing was a better option which limited extended use - on purpose???) Only once did I find both computers occupied.

Staff was generally helpful, but more than once they saw me struggling with packages and did not assist me up the steps. One concierge was quite aloof and acted as if it was a major inconvenience to post a letter for me, telling me stamps and a postal station was opposite the nearby tube stop.

The location is superb with the tube a short walk away. There is also a small shopping area adjacent to the station with a Waitrose grocery market, Boots and newsagent amongst others. There are restaurants and take-aways opposite the station, too.

I found the room very quiet with minimal street noise even though I was on the street side.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
BarbaraFrigiolini, Hotel Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this review, February 24, 2009
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for choosing the Radisson Edwardian Vanderbilt Hotel for your recent trip to London and also for taking the time to express your views on your stay with us.
I am very pleased that we were able to change your room to a bigger one.
Regarding the lift and the service at the concierge I would like to assure you that action have been taken to avoid recurring issue.
Barbara Frigiolini

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2009

Stayed at the Radisson Edwardian Vanderbilt Hotel for 3 nights from 7-10 February 2009.

The hotel is in a REALLY nice area, and is only 100 meters away from Gloucester Road Tube Station.

The room was very nice, although quite small. It had recently been refurbished, with the smell of new carpets still in the room - very nice!!

Didn't use the restaurants in the hotel, but staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful.

I paid GBP 84 (excl taxes) per night for the Saturday and Sunday nights, and GBP 77 for the Monday night, booked directly on hotel's website. VERY good value for London, in a 4* hotel in a very good area.

Oh, and FREE wireless internet in the room!!!

Will DEFINITELY stay there again.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
BarbaraFrigiolini, Hotel Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this review, February 19, 2009
Dear Sir,Madam,
Thank-you for staying with us, the entire team appreciated your comments and we are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay at the Raddisson Vanderbilt
Kind Regards Barbara Frigiolini
Newcastle Upon Tyne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2009

The photos of the hotel on the website don't do this hotel justice. The building form the outside is beautiful and the entrance and bar areas make the hotel just as beautiful on the inside.

I was expecting the rooms to be abit worn, but ours was freshly decorated and smelt very clean. I was more then impressed. The beds were extremely comfortable, the bathroom more then adequate and this is a great location, over the road from Gloucester Road tube station.

I will certainly be going back.

• Liked — The beautiful building
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
BarbaraFrigiolini, Hotel Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this review, February 11, 2009
Dear JDas100,
Thank you for choosing the Radisson Vanderbilt Hotel for your recent stay in London. Your review is greatly appreciated and I will passed on to the rest of the team.
East Sussex, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2009

Although I had booked a deluxe king room the bathroom was a liitle shabby and could do with a good facelift. The bedroom itself was clean and comfortable.
Overall I found the hotel to be above average with excellent service.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
BarbaraFrigiolini, Hotel manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this review, February 11, 2009
Dear GillyWiggle,
Thank you very much for taking the time to complete this review on your recent stay at the hotel.
We have undergone soft refurbishment in our bedrooms and we will now look into the issues, which you have raised, regarding our bathroom.
I would like to thank you for the good comments on the service and I will make sure to share it with the rest of the Vanderbilt Team
Looking forward to welcoming you
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2009

I arrived at the hotel at 12pm and was able to check into my room early. The hotel staff was very friendly and accomodating of my requests. The elevator lift is very small, at most could hold 3 people without luggage, but it did get me up and down many times with no problems. My room was on the 4th floor which is the top floor of the hotel. The room was tiny as most hotel rooms are over there, but very clean. The bathroom was also very neat and clean. I had dinner in the restaurant one night and it was fantastic, as well as the continental breakfast each morning was definetly above average and offered more than most hotels in the U.S. would offer. There is also a nice gym located in the basement of the hotel that if you have the time is definetly a great place to check out.

The location is about a 10-15 min walk to Harrods, and is located nearly next door to the National History Museum and Victoria and Albert Museum both of which are free admission. There is a bus stop right out in front of the hotel which will take you past the sites and into the tourist parts of London. There is also an underground about a block from the hotel, although it was recommended by the hotel that I use the bus as the tube system is not ideal right now due to many lines under construction.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to London for a few days or even a week. It was by far the nicest and friendliest hotel I have stayed at over there, and I will be sure and stay there again next time.

• 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Blogy, Hotel Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this review, February 13, 2009
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for choosing the Radisson Edwardian Vanderbilt Hotel for your recent visit to London.
Also, thank you for taking the time to write this review. I will make sure to share all your comments to the rest of the team.
We are looking forward to welcome you back
st helens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2009

Staying in London for a weekend, we arrived at the hotel at 2pm met
by very friendly and helpful staff. Even had our car valet parked. Room was fantastic, very clean and possibily the most comfiest bed we have ever slept in. Breakfast was excellent, lots of choice and the dinning room and bar are very clean furnished to the highest standard. Central location to Knightsbridge, Harrods, museums, Royal Albert Hall, train station and cosy London pub just across the road. We will be coming back to this superb hotel. Top marks from us both, well worth a stay. ;o) ps the rooms were a bit small ie" travel inn" but if you can ask for room 140 thats were we stayed i think we had the best or one of the best rooms

Stayed January 2009
BarbaraFrigiolini, Barbara Frigiolini Hotel manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this review, February 6, 2009
Dear Reviewer, Thank you very much for your constructive comments. We value such feedback this helps us maintain our standard.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2009

Stayed at the Radison Edwardian Vanderbilt for one Friday night in January 2009.

At check in they never had our reservation and I had to go to the business centre to print off my confirmation which I thought was charming!!!!

I parked my car about 30 yards around the corner to the hotel in a side street, to get it of the main road, and asked for it to be valet parked, I was told I'd have to bring the car to the front of the hotel for that to happen. For the £37 per day valet parking charge the valet couyld have walked the 30 yards instead of me.

The lift is the smallest lift in the world.

We had a deluxe room! I don't know what the diffrence is between this room and a non deluxe room, the web site said minibar, which it had but was empty. The room was large, had a large sofa and a large bed, it had tea making facilities but the room was missing something, it was very sterile. The bathroom was tiny, good job we din't bring a cat because we couldn't have swung it. The sink was crooked and wasn't fixed to the wall properly. Also, there was no shampoo sachets or shoe shine cloth. But room and bathroom was clean.

The bar! £7 for a Jack Daniels, I know they have to make a profit but a 70cl bottle of JD is £17!!! Bar service was OK.

The restaurant. We booked a table the night before we arrived via the web for 8 pm, it was a good job we did because the place was empty!!. We were shown to our table, handed the menus and asked what we wanted!!!! I asked for the wine menu and a small bowl of olives. They asked if we wanted water we said no (remember this bit). I ordered the wine, then we ordered the meal. The wine arrived (screw cap.....I hate that.....when you're paying over the top for a bottle of Aussie plonk you expect at least a rubber cork) even though I ordered the wine they showed the bottle to the wife and she tasted it! Then they gave us water! The olives didn't arrive I had to ask for them again. Apart from that and a screwed up bit of tissue sitting on the window sill (which must have been left over from lunch or breakfast) the food and service was actaully OK.

Breakfast, no problems food and service was OK.

Check out. I booked the room over the web, the rate included breakfast but I was charged for breakfast again, they removed with no problem.

Car Valet. When we arrived and I'd moved the car to the front of the hotel we were told to inform the hotel 30 minutes before we wanted to leave so they could get the car. We had breakfast and told the hotel that we would be checking out in 30 minutes time and could the car be brought round. We checked out went out the front and a car was there but not our car! The car they brought round was silver, the same colour as ours, it was an 05 the same reg as ours but it was a VW Golf 2.0TDi, ours was a peugeot 307. We had to wait another 30 minutes for them to deliver the correct vehicle.

Would I stay there again?......No. There must be better four stars in the area

• Liked — They had smoking rooms
  • Disliked — The front desk and car valet
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
BarbaraFrigiolini, Barbara Frigiolini, Hotel Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this review, February 5, 2009
Dear Reviewer
Thank you very much for taking the time to complete this review on your recent stay at the Hotel. In regards to the issues raised, I would like to assure you that they have been highlighted to the relevant Head of Department and action has been taken.
We looking forward to take care of you on your next stay with us.

Barbara Frigiolni

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt? Share your experiences!