“Trip to Theatre Land” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt

Save Saved
You added Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   68-86 Cromwell Road, | Kensington and Chelsea, London SW7 5BT, England (Kensington and Hyde Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now & Save Up To 20%
Ranked #384 of 1,063 Hotels in London
London
“Trip to Theatre Land”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Met by the courteous Jacob at reception who gave a full overview of the hotel and the surrounding amenities. A wonderful, elegant hotel away from the madness of the West End with easy tube access to the London theatres. Definitely one to consider for a short stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
KumarMishra, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
On behalf of Jacob and everyone here at The Vanderbilt Hotel, a big thank you for your pleasant compliments.

I hope you will rejoin us again on your next visit to London.

The Vanderbilt Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I actually work as a Blue Badge Guide in London and so was not staying at the Radisson VanderBilt Hotel, but a party of my clients was, and I needed some rather special assistance.
And I certainly got it, efficient and reliable to the end. I had to meet my group there but was flying in from South Africa that same morning. Unfortunately I was a bit late. I had sent an email to the Concierge at the hotel to ask him to manage things for me in the event of my plane coming in late. The name of this Concierge was Darius (from Lithuania originally, I think). He got the group mustered at the Radisson and sent them off to do some London-exploring. When I arrived, he had it all sorted - He got me washed and changed, he took my luggage and had me out of the door in minutes, looking less the weary traveller that I was and more like the Blue Badge Guide that I had to be. He sent me to the right place to meet the group, just in time for the Changing of the Guard - and the rest was easy.
The clients had a great day - and my thanks to Darius for his quiet efficiency in liasing with both me and my group. Great Concierge work.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
KumarMishra, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
It is such a privilege to be endorsed for great customer service from someone who is from the same trade as well! I am pleased Darius saved your day and he surely is an asset to our hotel. I trust you will recommend us to your friends, family and working colleagues and if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly via Hotel reception.

Cumbria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have reviewed this hotel before, but, as I probably stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt (or one of its sister hotels) on around 10 occasions each year, it seems timely to update my recommendation. The hotel has a number of practical advantages. It is on the tube line direct from Heathrow, and just seconds away from Gloucester Road station. I like to spend the afternoon before my meetings visiting galleries and museums, and this hotel is a short walk from the Natural History Museum, the Science Museum and the V&A. Less tangibly, from my many visits over the years, I have found that the staff are very welcoming and friendly, without being intrusive. I also enjoy the Edwardian decor, which gives the hotel a character that distinguishes it from some of its rather more bland modern competitors. Overall, it is convenient, but also has a personal quality to it that makes it more than just another bedroom for the night.

Dear Guest,

It is an honour to receive such positive compliments from guests, as it makes all the hard-work put-in by numerous staff members absolutely worth it. I appreciate your words of appreciation towards our staff's consistent personal attention and our convenient location that makes most of our guest’s regulars on all their visits to London.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I had booked this last minute as I had been in and it of London three times and did not have a pleasant experience in London, so I decided to book a decent hotel. I got a great deal (though not cheap for someone travelling on thief own). The room was not huge, but a good enough size for one. I had a good view and a window that could open to allow for fresh air.

The restaurant was great and even though you had to pay extra for an espresso, it was a good strong coffee. None of that watered down dirty water business. I had asked the hotel to arrange a shuttle to the airport and on my departure day, they realised that they had forgot to do it, so they arranged a black taxi to take me to the airport and paid for it themselves. This was a great solution to their own error.

Will I stay here again? Definitely, but it can be a little pricey so try and get a good deal.

This is an old review as I had stayed here in September 2007, but I recommended this to friends who also stayed here in August 2012.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt Hotel on your recent stay in London and for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

We appreciate your time you have taken to post this review and I thank you for highlighting the service efforts from my team.

I am glad that you got a great deal on your stay, and I urge all guests to contact us directly to get some amazing offers.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

We booked this stay for our son's 4th birthday as we were visiting the Natural History and Science Museum. The staff at the front desk were very welcoming and friendly, and the location for both museums is great.

However, the family room that we had booked was tiny and there was no space for the travel cot that we had requested (of which there was no sign of in the room anyway). We asked to be moved to another family room; the room we were given was no bigger but when we moved a small table and chairs we were able to create enough room for a travel cot, which still hadn't arrived - eventually arriving after we had made two phone calls to the front desk, followed by two further calls to request bedding for this (my daughter ended up using a sheet and a towel as a duvet as we were given a thick king size wool blanket when we asked for a quilt for the cot).

The room smelt of cooking, the windows did not open and the air con didn't work. So it was hot, smelly and stuffy! Add to that it was noisy as the air con generator was directly outside of our room. All made worse by the fact that there was no hot water at all in the room, and we had to use the shower in another room in the morning, which was at the opposite end of the corridor (so that's the 3rd room now, for an overnight stay)

A terrible experience in a hotel that is not at all suited for families.

• Stayed March 2013
KumarMishra, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am so sorry, that you had such a poor experience in our hotel as which is very contrary to what most of our other guests have shared with me personally and on this forum. As this is the first I have heard of this incident, I am hoping you are able to contact me at the hotel (via reception) so that I can personally investigate this matter and reassure what a truly pleasant place this really is.

On a separate note, thank you for complimenting our staff - indeed, they are the heart and soul of this place.

I look forward to hearing from you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here as I had a business meeting in London and and booked myself a single room....it's a great hotel with great facilities and the staff are very good and take care of you! Room was excellent and yes it's small as most single rooms are in london, but that's expected so no moans or grumbles from me!

Will stay here again as location is excellent and right next to Gloucester road tube station.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, which I and my team are delighted to recive. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and appreciated the London trends with Single rooms and its limitation. Please allow me to share that we our rooms are considered to excellent 'value for money' making this your ideal base for London.

Biggleswade, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I ran some courses for teachers at the hotel during March. They were incredibly helpful. They managed a gluten free delegate extremely well as they had not been told beforehand. Nothing was too much trouble, everything was delivered to the room on time and very professionally. There was an excess of good food.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for such nice comments. I am glad that my team were able to cater to your special dietary requirement at such a short notice. I am sure you would agree that it is these small gestures that make our team and the hotel so special and popular amongst guests.

The Vanderbilt Hotel

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt? Share your experiences!