“Very good hotel in great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt

Save Saved
You added Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   68-86 Cromwell Road, | Kensington and Chelsea, London SW7 5BT, England (Kensington and Hyde Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now & Save Up To 20%
Ranked #366 of 1,054 Hotels in London
Bergen, Norway
“Very good hotel in great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

This is my go-to hotel in London and I have stayed here on several occasions. The hotel is clean, the rooms are of decent size for London standards and the location is great. It is a two minute walk from Gloucester Road tube station and if you are up for it you can walk to the museums in the Kensington area, like the V&A, in about 10-15 mins. It is a great value for money.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
KumarMishra, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Your comments are just so great to hear! we are all very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you willl rejoin us on your next visits to London.

Sincerely, Kumar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Staff are brilliant and bend over backwards to accomodate everyone. Having been a regular attending guest as part of a group of roughly 20 every week i can certainly say that the staff make the hotel and without them many of our meetings would not run as smoothingly. The hotel decour is amazing many different styles and an amazinf room where we meet which is the old library that has a magnificent ceiling murial. If any one was thignking about a lunch or a drink this hotel is perfect and is located in the right area to get to any.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for such fine compliments. I am pleased that you and your colleagues have enjoyed our hospitality in the classic Vanderbilt Suite. Indeed, this room is one of the best meeting rooms in London and I hope you and your colleagues will rejoin us back on your next visit to London.

Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is a great hotel in a great, convenient location near the Gloucester Rd tube station. A great value [by London standards]. Rooms are a bit small, but that is to be expected. The only problem during the stay was that the lift near my room was out of service, and the only other one was at the far end of the hotel and very slow.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thanks a lot for such pleasant compliments which I have now shared with my team. I am pleased to confirm that we have 2 lifts in the hotel which are being refurbished at the moment - one at a time. This work is due to be completed by the end of May giving us two brand new lifts for our guests to use.
If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Peak District
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is one of the better Radissons' in London. Despite check-in being slow I was given a "business" king-size room facing to the rear. It's a real olde-worlde layout with lots of wood, narrow corridors, rooms hidden away etc - much more fun than modern hotels. The room was large and the bed was comfy and was everything I would expect from a 4 star hotel.

There are the usual questionable design features - the only lighting being spotlights in the ceiling that offer no ambience and are too bright to read with comfortably; IBIS style bottles of toiletries affixed to the wall all over the bathroom. I was also surprised to find a clear plastic hard back chair at the desk - this was too high to sit on and be able to put your legs under the desk - you think they'd check these basic things. There was also a fridge in the room that hummed and buzzed all night - this needed checking.

The other problem I had was the intermittent wi-fi that was almost impossible to use. You'd think if Radisson was to offer free wi-fi throughout the hotel they'd ensure it actually worked in all the rooms? It was awful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you were not satisfied with a few aspects of your stay - mainly the slow check-in and the spot light style lighting. On the same note, I am pleased that you have taken time to compliment the staff, location and the general friendliness of our team.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards, Kumar
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel four times and every time I get the same outstanding service. On most trips I have arrived to an early check-in option which is heaven when arriving on a red-eye flight. Every employee is cheerful and I'm always greeted with a hello - at the front desk, in the hallways. I can say enough about the service. They also have frequent offers that appeal to budget travelers who normally wouldn't stay at a 4 star hotel. Obviously, the location is great as well. Close to everything, but not very noisy. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
KumarMishra, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for your compliments which we very much appreciate. Having a hotel so close to the museum, underground station and shopping hub of Knightsbridge is really great if you want to make the most of your time in London, and we understand that! My team recognize that every genuine 'hello' makes a difference and I am glad that you have taken time to recognize this.

I hope we will have the opportunity to meet in person on your next visit to London.

Regards, Kumar
Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed several times at this Radisson Blu and I've never been disappointed. The property is charming, the rooms are comfortable and spotless, the staff is friendly and helpful. They do have a fantastic full English breakfast, but there are several other options for eating. The location is fantastic. The cost is not exorbitant. This is definitely my first choice when I come to London.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
KumarMishra, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for your compliments! I could not be more pleased with your words of encouragement to our fabulous team here at The Vanderbilt hotel. It's your regular patronage that makes us so popular and loved by our guests.

I trust you will rejoin us on your next visit to London, and perhaps have the opportunity to meet you in person.

Kumar Manager
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Very friendly and efficient staff, nice spacious rooms, great food - the breakfast is superb! - and in a good location for West End and Central London attractions. Very reasonably priced for what you get. Tube station right across the road, numerous restaurants within easy walking distance and plenty other shops around the area (Tesco's about two minutes walk).

The only (minor) problem was that one of the lifts were closed due to renovation and one of our party had mobility problems (at 87 years old) and duly had to walk some distance for the other lift. I have no doubts though, that if we had asked for another room nearer the working lift, there would not have been a problem, so no big deal really.

Room Tip: If you've got mobility problems, maybe best to ask for a room near to the working lift until the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for such a delightful compliment. It is a real treat for all of us who are so passionate to ensure that our guests have a wonderful time in our hotel. I thank you as well for understanding the temporary works that are being carried on one of the lifts in our hotel which is due to be completed by 10th April 2013.

Please allow me to assure you that your feedback - including compliments, are a great motivator to the team to deliver FANTASTIC! guest service..

If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to let me know.

Kumar Mishra
The Vanderbilt Hotel

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt? Share your experiences!