“Excellent personal attention” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt

You added Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   68-86 Cromwell Road, | Kensington and Chelsea, London SW7 5BT, England (South Kensington)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #333 of 1,054 Hotels in London
Cumbria
“Excellent personal attention”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I stay regularly in Radisson hotels and when in London usually stay at the Radisson Vanderbilt. It is a little way from the centre of London, but just 2 minutes from Gloucester Road tube station on a direct line between Heathrow and Leicester Square, and 5 minutes from some of the best museums in London. I am a Club Carlson member, get regular upgrades and it is good to be recognised personally when I arrive or come back from a meeting. Hotels can be very anonymous places but this hotel tries very hard to prevent that.

• Stayed June 2012
, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

WOW! This is a wonderful review, thank you very much.

At the Vanderbilt we value our returning guests just as much as the future. It is very important we are able to build a good rapport with regular guests as it enables us to be more capable of delivering the personal service we pride ourselves upon be able to achieve. I am honestly delighted to read such a review. I hope we continue to please our guests with such things as personal and friendly service as that’s what counts.

Warmest regards,

Stacey Jasiewicz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Arabic first
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We had a very nice stay at this hotel. The receptionist was extremely friendly and helpful. We arrived early and were able to check into our room straight away. They all made us feel very welcome. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The lobby and bar are decorated nicely and are very pleasant. The free Wi-Fi is a good service to have. The hotel has modern facilities, but is decorated with an old fashioned charm.

The room was very nice and included all the things that I want in a hotel room - an iron/ironing board, refrigerator, air conditioning, bathrobes, Wi-Fi, blackout drapes, TV and safe. The bed was very large and comfortable, with good quality bedding. The bathroom was very small, but manageable.

The hotel is in an excellent location. There is a good variety of shops and cafes nearby, and it is very close to Gloucester Road tube stop which means the tube can be taken direct to many of the main tourist attractions.

I only experienced two problems during my stay. The first, and most annoying, was that it took a very long time for the water in the shower to heat up. When it did finally heat up, it became extremely hot. It was difficult to adjust to a comfortable warm temperature. It was very much a case of 'all or nothing' with the hot water.

The second problem was that at about 6:30 in the morning, one of the employees would move a large amount of empty glass bottles down the hallway, using cart with a dodgy wheel. This would wake us up, but we were able to fall back to sleep.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in London. My advice would be to book early to get reduced rates, and do not purchase the breakfast as it is really expensive and there are many places locally to eat great food at lower prices.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

May I take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at The Vanderbilt Hotel and for taking the time to share your experience with us on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to make note that you enjoyed your stay over all and that the niggles you suffered did not over shadow your holiday. Are guests feedback –positive and negative- is vital to the success of this hotel and is tool we use to measure our product with. Please accept my apologies for the shower facilities and uncomfortable levels of noise from staff in the mornings. However I feel these are things that we can easily be solved and we are already taking the necessary steps to do so for future and returning guests.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon. When you do make a reservation or if I personally can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Dubai
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I am from Dubai and I booked this hotel. well, I should not call it hotel, it is not even a 1 star hotel. The room is really really small. looked like a Jail cell hardly you can move.

I stayed there on 3 July 2012 and it was horrible experience. So my UAE national dont stay there at all. believe me. I will upload the picture of my room so you can see what they offered me. The worse thing is the price I payed almost more than 1300dhs for this rooms!!!

I dont know where is the management mind when they design this room.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Charlotte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

My daughter in law and I stayed here during Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee celebration June 1-6, 2012. I was pleasantly surprised by the large size of the room, black out drapes, refrigerator, free wi-fi. Also the bath was marble and had heated towel racks. It was very close to the tube and bus stop and also had American eateries (KFC, Burger King, Starbucks) around the corner as well as a Boots and Waitrose (grocery store). The staff was always friendly and helpful. I will recommend this hotel to anyone who is going to London.

Room Tip: Lifts (elevators) are slow and small but the stairways are carpeted and wide. If you prefer, ask fo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a wonderful review of your recent experience at The Vanderbilt hotel. It is a real pleasure to read that you enjoyed all facilities of this fantastic building. Thank you also for highlighting what a brilliant location we are based in, there are plenty of local amenities, tourist attractions and delicious restaurants (not to mention our own)!

As always, the V team, has a mention yet again for their incredibly helpful service, I always pass on any feedback so they know that their efforts of delivering the ‘YES I CAN ATTITUDE’ doesn’t go unnoticed.

Once again, thank you for staying with us. I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Had a very pleasant long bank holiday Jubilee weekend here. Was treated excellently by staff and our room was very comfortable and clean. The location was great and with Hyde Park, Thames and a tube stop minutes away, made for a particularly pleasant stay.

Would recommend to friends and family in need of a London hotel

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

May I thank you for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt hotel and for sharing your complimentary comments on Trip advisor.

It’s such a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would be happy to recommend family and friends. If I can be of any help with making any reservations please do not hesitate to contact me.

Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

The staff were outstanding. The Asian girl at reception carried my bags to the room. That's just as well as I would never have found the room myself. It's like a maze and not well signposted.

Another small niggle is the bath taps are really hard to turn and work. It was hard to adjust the water temperature.

On the positive side are free wifi, Radisson Standards, free bottled water, room safe, several spare plug sockets, and location near Gloucester road tube.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted that you found our team outstanding – the Vanderbilt Team are truly passionate about making sure our guestshave the best experience possible. I apologise about the niggles suffered during your stay, however thank you for letting us know, I have passed this feedback on to the Maintenance Manager who is going to do check the taps in each room to avoid such problems again for future guests!!

We are very proud to offer complimentary wi-fi, we have two connections to offer. Just enquire at Reception upon arrival.

Thank you for your review- it is very much appreciated and for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hotel.

We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

My daughter and I stayed for one night in February. The location is perfect, with great links to the rest of the city via Gloucester Road tube station, but also extremely close to museums such as the Natural History Museum. The room was generous for London sizes, immaculately clean, and had beautiful, traditional decor. The staff were extremely welcoming and were happy to help. Overall, an excellent visit, I will be sure to return in the future.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

What a wonderful review, I’m so glad you and your daughter enjoyed your stay so much! Thank you for highlighting what a wonderful location we enjoy here at the Radisson Vanderbilt Hotel. It really is one of the best in London and so convenient for anything and everything.

When you are planning your next visit, If I can be of any help please do not hesitate to let me know. I can easily be contacted via the hotel.