“Wonderful hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Cavendish London

You added The Cavendish London to your Saves list
The Cavendish London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   81 Jermyn St | St. James's, London SW1Y 6JF, England (St. James's)   |
Special Rate
Free bottle of champagne
Ranked #105 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Moscow, Russia
“Wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I love this hotel: it is perfectly located, very close to main attractions, theaters and what not. Staff was really helpful and friendly. I had dinner in the restaurant Petrichor and enjoyed it. So I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Neil B, Manager at The Cavendish London, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Olga444,

Thank you very much for your excellent review and for letting other travellers know about our great location. we are walking distance to so many of London's attractions, as well as theatres and of course shopping, on Europe's longest shopping street.

We hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Neil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
staffs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I stayed at the Cavendish Hotel between Christmas and New Year with my husband and two daughters, and can only say I wish we had know about it years ago!.

We have frequently stayed at a large 5 star hotel a couple of minutes away from the Cavendish before, and have to say that the service and quality of the rooms at the Cavendish (small or not),is far superior to the other hotel.

The food at breakfast was fabulous, with a great variety to choose from, with excellent service at all times.

My husband often suffers with back pain, but on waking after our first night, said "that's the best night sleep I've had in years!!", as the bed was so comfortable.

He would like to know what mattress it was so that we can buy one at home!.

Unlike other reviews we thought that there was little outside noise. You should try staying around the corner on Piccadilly!!.

I would like to thank the excellent staff for a very memorable Christmas, and we will definitely be back!!

PS we left a phone charger in our room, which the hotel forwarded on to us in the post the next day. Top rate service.

Room Tip: We were in room 1015, with a view of the London eye, and Westminster.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear blondiStaffs,

Thank you very much for your excellent review, and I am delighted that you had such a good stay and hopefully we are now your choice of hotel in London. It is great to hear that your husband had his best sleep in years, and if you can contact me directly on neil.braude@thecavendishlondon.com I will be able to send you all the details for our mattresses.

We hope that we can welcome you back in the near future on your next family trip.

Carnoustie, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I would rate this hotel above many 5star establishments in central London. A real feeling of a cosy retreat just 2 minutes walk from the hustle and bustle of the West End. I had read on previous reviews that the rooms were on the small side so was not disappointed by this. Everything in the room was perfect. The staff were all first class. Whoever is managing this hotel seems to have instilled a real team attitude.
My wife and I stayed 4 nights up until Feb 1st 2014. I will now not bother looking anywhere else for accommodation on out trips to London. A big thank you to the team at the Cavendish.

Room Tip: we had a superior twin on the 12th floor. Apart from the size of the room which was smallish, it was...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Neil B, Manager at The Cavendish London, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Andrew B,

Thank you very much for your excellent review and I am delighted that you feel we are better than some 5 star hotels as we try our best to ensure we are delivering those standards. We have a great team and we make sure that we not only work hard but play hard to and I am delighted that you felt there was such a team attitude.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Lovely Hotel in a great location. Rooms have lovely decor, though are a little tight on space. Staff were extremely helpful and responded immediately and effectively to any request we had. Would recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear MeeMo13,

Thank you very much for your great review. I am delighted that you had such a good stay and that you really liked the decor of the rooms. Thank you for your kind recommendation that is really appreciated.

We hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Son, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

A perfect location for our grouptrip to London in january 2014. Wonderfull staff, always helpfull, standardrooms small, but very god standard. The only thing was beakfastcapasity - some cueline in the mornings during weekend. We are coming back.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in high floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear trygve j,

Thank you very much for your great review and kind comments about the team, we are very lucky to have the team we do that are passionate about ensuring all of our guests have a great stay in London.

We hope that we can welcome you and your party back in the near future.

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed for three nights and it was really nice! Excellent location, everything close by.

I had a standard room. A nice room but the closet was impossible, someone had put in a safe on top of the shelves and that made it impossible to hang your clothes in an orderly fashion. In a rainy London in January you don't like to hang a really wet coat crammed in with your gala dress. I strongly recommend The Cavendish to do something about it at once!

One evening I went to restaurant and after asking the Concierge about alternative for vegetarians I made a reservation. In the evening with the menu in hand I realized that there was only one main course, rather uninventive, so I had to have salmon (boring since I eat it a lot at home). The helpful staff and chef made all they could to help but.......

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Neil B, Manager at The Cavendish London, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear KerstinBjellerup,

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you liked our location and thank you for letting other travellers know how close we are to so man of London's attractions. Thank you for your feedback regarding your closet, if you can let me know the room number that you stayed it we can have a look and see how we can move things around. My direct email address is neil.braude@thecavendishlondon.com

I hope that we can welcome you back on your next visit to London.

Leuven, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I spent one night here and it was a very pleasant experience. The staff is super friendly, the room is clean, the bed is fantastic, very good wifi reception, great views, ...

The only thing that bothered me was the street noise. Surprisingly, even 12 stories up in an expensive hotel, the windows were still too thin to stop the city noise. I have to say there were roadworks going on right beneath the hotel. So maybe, on another day, it would have been fine.

All in all, I liked very much staying at the Cavendish

Room Tip: Don't go for the rooms facing Duke Street until the road works are gone.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Neil B, Manager at The Cavendish London, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Kris_Peeters,

Thank you very much for your review and great comments about the team. We are very lucky to have the team that we do as they are passionate about ensuring that every guest has a great stay in London. I am sorry to hear about the noise that you had from the road works below as they were resurfacing the road outside the hotel.

I hope that we can welcome you back on your next visit to London.

Neil

Been to The Cavendish London? Share your experiences!