Park Tower Knightsbridge is part of the Starwood Luxury Collection hotels. I was pleasantly by the beautifully renovated lobby when I stayed there on business in 2013 after a couple of years of absence. In Jul '14, staying at the hotel for a few day on leisure finally allowed me to realize all of its advantages.
What I like the most:
1. Location: Right in the center of Knightsbridge, the hotel is literarily next door to Harvey Nichol's, 5 minutes' walk to Harrod's or the Hyde Park, across the street from Mandarin Oriental hotel (which charges a lot more). The Piccadilly line Knighstbridge stop is 1 block away, which you can actually take all the way to Heathrow. Many buses stop within 1 block of the hotel.
2. Views: Highly recommend paying up for an Executive Room (which is bigger) and request one that faces Hyde Park on the higher floor. The rooms have huge picture windows and the views are amazing.
3. Sleep Quality: It is super quiet at night in the room. You don't hear any street noise. The bed and the beddings are very comfortable. If you like the Westin Heavenly Bed, you will love it here.
4. Bathroom: The bathroom is large by London standards. A marble bathroom is equipped with separate shower and tub.
5. Breakfast: Huge breakfast buffet spread. It doesn't come cheap (GBP 27 to be exact), but this is London.
6. Friendliness of the Staff: All the staff I met were very friendly and efficient. Our luggage came up in no time after check-in. Any requests for shower cap or kettle were quickly fulfilled. Shoes are beautifully shined overnight. Room service order came as promised. (there were a couple of times when the guest service line we called didn't get picked up after quite a few rings, but I'm willing to overlook that).
What the Hotel Lacks:
1. Trendy Vibe: This is not the trendy or the cool hotel of London. The is no bar scene or lobby scene. But if you don't care about it, then this doesn't matter.
2. Large gym or spa: The hotel comes with a small gym, certainly adequate for a quick workout. In-room spa services can be arranged, but there is no spa.
Overall, this is a much improved hotel from three years ago. It I could give 4.5 starts, I would.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Distinclty Knightsbridge, The Park Tower Knightsbridge, a Luxury Collection hotel, London has become the residence for global explorers looking for an authentic experience of the locale. Located just a short walk away from iconic Hyde Park, the hotel features 280 guest rooms and suites, most of them affording breathtaking views of Knightsbridge, Hyde Park and over London's skyline. Recognised as the destination authority, the hotel head concierge and his team will help uncover the hidden gems of the locale so that guests can make the most of their stay. The Park Tower Knightsbridge is also home to critically-acclaimed fish restaurant One-O-One, The Knightsbridge Lounge which serves Hyde Park-inspired afternoon tea, and The Hyde Bar, offering whiskies and cigars in an intimate and refined setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Starwood EMEA, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Otel, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL and HotelTravel.com so you can book your The Park Tower Knightsbridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Park Tower Hotel London
- Sheraton Park Hotel
- Sheraton London
- London Sheraton
- The Park Tower Knightsbridge London, England