“At least it's a great location” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Boston Court Hotel

You added Boston Court Hotel to your Saves list
Boston Court Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   26 Upper Berkeley Street | Westminster, London W1H 7QL, England   |
Ranked #1,010 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Arsita, Italy
“At least it's a great location”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

If you are looking for a great location, at a relatively moderate rate for Central London, this may be it. That's about all I can say that is good. The beds at least were not lumpy, but were quite hard. The pillow felt as if they forgot to put something into an empty pillow slip. It had kind of a creepy, dirty feel; the woodwork seemed to have the dirt ground into it. The room was so small I had to step outside to change my mind. And as the person who took the reservation failed to record, we had to take a room with a shared WC down one flight of stairs. Oh, and did I mention that the only TV was from a satellite that showed only Arabic channels.

However, you are but a block away from the Marble Arch tube station. And they did provide breakfast, which was toast with jam and coffee delivered to your room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Gamil S, Manager at Boston Court Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback which is very valuable to us.
I would like to comment that apart form the satellite channels we also have all major english channels available also and we would have happily assisted you with the TV remote control if you have asked.
Our hotel maintains high cleaning and hygiene standards and our team always try to match our client’s needs. Please do let me know whenever you are planning to return to Boston Court Hotel in the future and we will do our best to make your next visit memorable.

Front of house management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Carlisle, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Hotel? This is a dreadful place. It should be taken off the list.
My single room ( no others available...) was noisy and too light, and despite ear plugs and eye mask, the noise and light levels were as if I was 'in the street'. The breakfast was delivered on a tray as if I was in a prison cell, and could hardly be worse quality. I did not eat any of it.
I suggested a slight refund for my discomfort should be forthcoming to the guy on the desk, but he muttered he 'only worked there'.....
So I paid £93.00 for a box room with bad curtains, too much street light, no double glazing so too noisy, horrid bedding, prison breakfast and no manager to speak to.
It is a shameful example of London hotel standards!
I never want to experience such a disrespectful attitude to my comfort again.
Alizon B.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We were disappointed to learn that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us. This is not our normal service we provide as you will note for the other comments from our many clients.
As we are based in the heart of London, just minutes away from Marble Arch - some level of street noise is expectable and we cannot change this unfortunately.
Please note that we do not change for our continental breakfast, which is only offered as an option to all our guests. A full English breakfast is available at an extra charge.

I would like to reassure you that we will make your next visit memorable for all the right reasons should you wish to return.

Warsaw, Poland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Intetesting place only if you are looking for extreme adventure. The only thing that was not terrible is the area. We arrived and was told that our reservation was cancelled few days ago. We got no message and no money return. So the lady at the reception desk instead of booked 4 people room gave us double and triple on different floors. Not so cheap and smells bad. TOTALLY NOT RECOMMENDED.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Channel Islands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I had left it too late to book my hotel for a business overnight stay in London so contacted last minute.com who I have always thought had a good reputation, this view of them has changed. I was subjected to staying overnight in a room that had a double bed and 2 single beds, the room was barely big enough for just a double bed so a very cramped room. The room was filthy and could do with a good clean. The carpet had sticky patches over it so wasn't keen walking around bare foot! There was a huge damp patch on the wall in the corner of the room. The en suite shower was barely a trickle so not great for showering off the grubby feeling I had after staying in the room overnight. The tea/coffee facilities consisted of some tea bags and coffee sachets thrown on a tray of dirty crockery! And as for the continental breakfast it was a joke, two pieces of toasted bread wrapped in a paper napkin, no plate! And a small glass of orange juice! All in all a shocking excuse for a hotel! I pointed out these short comings to the manager who seemed surprised at my comments , I also told him that I would not be returning and that I would be posting my comments to trip advisor. Avoid this hotel at all costs!!

Room Tip: Don't book here!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We were disappointed to read that your stay was not to our normal high standards. I can assure you that we maintain high cleaning and hygiene standards of the hotel. I am confident we can do a great job and please do let me know whenever you are planning to return to London.

As for the breakfast - we do offer a continental breakfast free of charge to all our guests which is optional. A full English breakfast is also available on request at an extra cost.

Copenhagen, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I booked a single room with private shower and toilet for 4 nights as I had a demanding seminar to attend. When I was checking I was told I had to change room after 2 nights, apparently because they didn't have the room I booked available. When I said I wasn't interested in worrying about pakcing and unpakcing from room to room the manager, Mr. Mohammad told me to 'be flexible'.

I realize this hotel is less expensive but come on. As I insisted on having the same room throughout the stay I was put in a room with shower but with shared toilet. This means you have to get dressed if you have to pee in the middle of the night. And in the morning.

As I paid for both private shower and toilet I had a discussion with Mr. Mohammad and in the end he agreed to a pricereduction of 5 pounds pr night. When I went to the hotels webpage discovered that dispite the reduction I was still paying 10 pounds more each night. I you then deduct the 5 pounds for the 'breakfast' I didn't order I paid an overprice of 15 pounds a night.

I only had the 'breakfast' once. My God. What an insult to the first meal of the day. Two slices of sorry white toast, butter, jam. A plastic cup of orange(?) juice. At least the colour was right. If you want coffee or tea? Make it yourself in your room.

These are the worst things and then I am not even going to mention the state of the shower in the room. The only good thing was the location.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you felt we did not meet your expectations during your recent trip to London.
I have carefully investigated and shared your comments with the team here and wanted to let you know that the issue has been addressed. I am sorry that we had to change your room and for the frustration this has caused you at the time.
There was a maintenance problem with the room you have originally booked and Mr. Mohammed tried his best to resolve the situation by offering you a cheaper alternative.
I would like to also comment on the breakfast options - the continental breakfast is provided free of charge and is optional, however, the full English breakfast is available at an extra cost.

Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with us directly:
info@bostoncourthotel.co.uk

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

do not stay here, paid for toilet/ shower, not told till we arrived, breakfast sent to your room ? ,this we were told was toast/ jam with a glass of orange juice. we were not told any of this on booking, the actual toilet was a unit used outside but built into the corner of our room ,staff not good attitude ,windows would not close properly and the main door had a gap at the bottom so bib wind just came in , bad place to stay.

Room Tip: phone the hotel for details first,b4 booking
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments as they help us to improve our service.
I would like to bring to your attention that all our basic rooms do not have en-suite facilities and we try to clearly state so on all our websites. If you require a room with a private facilities, please try to select an en-suite room when you book your stay with us next.

Front of house management

Been to Boston Court Hotel? Share your experiences!