“Hotel? I call it robbery” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Boston Court Hotel

You added Boston Court Hotel to your Saves list
Boston Court Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   26 Upper Berkeley Street | Westminster, London W1H 7QL, England   |
Ranked #1,010 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Hotel? I call it robbery”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I booked a single room with private shower and toilet for 4 nights as I had a demanding seminar to attend. When I was checking I was told I had to change room after 2 nights, apparently because they didn't have the room I booked available. When I said I wasn't interested in worrying about pakcing and unpakcing from room to room the manager, Mr. Mohammad told me to 'be flexible'.

I realize this hotel is less expensive but come on. As I insisted on having the same room throughout the stay I was put in a room with shower but with shared toilet. This means you have to get dressed if you have to pee in the middle of the night. And in the morning.

As I paid for both private shower and toilet I had a discussion with Mr. Mohammad and in the end he agreed to a pricereduction of 5 pounds pr night. When I went to the hotels webpage discovered that dispite the reduction I was still paying 10 pounds more each night. I you then deduct the 5 pounds for the 'breakfast' I didn't order I paid an overprice of 15 pounds a night.

I only had the 'breakfast' once. My God. What an insult to the first meal of the day. Two slices of sorry white toast, butter, jam. A plastic cup of orange(?) juice. At least the colour was right. If you want coffee or tea? Make it yourself in your room.

These are the worst things and then I am not even going to mention the state of the shower in the room. The only good thing was the location.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Gamil S, Manager at Boston Court Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you felt we did not meet your expectations during your recent trip to London.
I have carefully investigated and shared your comments with the team here and wanted to let you know that the issue has been addressed. I am sorry that we had to change your room and for the frustration this has caused you at the time.
There was a maintenance problem with the room you have originally booked and Mr. Mohammed tried his best to resolve the situation by offering you a cheaper alternative.
I would like to also comment on the breakfast options - the continental breakfast is provided free of charge and is optional, however, the full English breakfast is available at an extra cost.

Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with us directly:
info@bostoncourthotel.co.uk

Kind Regards,

Front of house management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

do not stay here, paid for toilet/ shower, not told till we arrived, breakfast sent to your room ? ,this we were told was toast/ jam with a glass of orange juice. we were not told any of this on booking, the actual toilet was a unit used outside but built into the corner of our room ,staff not good attitude ,windows would not close properly and the main door had a gap at the bottom so bib wind just came in , bad place to stay.

Room Tip: phone the hotel for details first,b4 booking
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments as they help us to improve our service.
I would like to bring to your attention that all our basic rooms do not have en-suite facilities and we try to clearly state so on all our websites. If you require a room with a private facilities, please try to select an en-suite room when you book your stay with us next.

Kind Regards,

Front of house management
Swansea
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Worst hotel I have ever been in. Mouldy, on suite was great if you don't mind having to sit on the toilet to take a shower. Window would not close on ground floor so traffic noise was insane, I may aswell have saved the money and settled down with the homeless people outside. I stuffed my ears with toilet paper to drown out the noise which worked pretty well and feel that the night was a relative success in that I did enjoy about two hours of sleep.
Never really felt safe around the electrical outletts and being booked in by a staff member in pyjamas was a first! The only hotel I have ever stayed in that would embarrass Basil Faulty. Can't wait to go back......

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Carlisle, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I booked the hotel at very short notice for a one night say over in London, I wasn't overly impressed when I got to the room. The fridge was rusty and the room needed a dust the toilet & shower were very small and dated. However the service was friendly.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Terrible customer service on arrival. Had my 80 year old grandmother with us who had to walk 4 flights of stairs. Dirt and grime everywhere. Room was disgusting. Not seen a Hoover in a very long time!! Stains everywhere, mouldy smelly bathroom with excrement all over toilet brush. Beds were clean though. Towels stank of tobacco when they got damp from a shower. Cane back from a show and member of staff was walking round in a vest and pants. We didn't even stay for out breakfast as the hotel was so dirty god knows what the kitchen is like!!!! Excellent location though. Definitely cheap but NOT cheerful! Consider paying that bit extra before booking here!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Cambridge, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on the 6th July. When we checked in the room had not been cleaned and the bathroom was disgusting. We complained about the cleanliness of the room. When we returned at 11pm the bathroom was slightly better but the shower was not usable. Breakfast consisted of cold hard boiled eggs, toast and a glass of juice brought to the room.

The location of the hotel is the only positive. Very close to Marble Arch/Hyde Park.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Boston Court Hotel? Share your experiences!