Avoid this filthy, broken hotel at all costs. It's well-situated and cheap but even so it's very poor value. I stayed one night in a single room. Unfortunately, I paid first and just dumped my bags, not coming back until late at night. That's when I found:
* the basin in my room had been broken off the wall. Obviously this had happened some months before, judging by the dirt embedded in the broken edges. The manager tried to pretend he was surprised when I showed him the next morning.
* the basin hadn't been cleaned in a long time. Perhaps the dirt was holding it in place.
* the 'hot' water was tepid at best, even after running it. It wasn't hot enough to shave in but there was no plug in the basin either so being able to shave was just a crazy dream anyway.
* the toilet hadn't been cleaned. It smelled.
* the toilet roll holder was the metal sort you get in municipal public toilets. The toilet rolls weren't in it.
* the bins hadn't been emptied since the last occupant.
* the last occupant's towel was also still in the room.
* even the kettle had water in it from a previous occupant.
* the bed had only one pillow, no spares anywhere in the room. On investigation, this turned out to be two pillows, so old and flat and compacted that they both fitted into a single pillow-slip with space to spare.
* there was paint on the bed linen. It had obviously been used as dust sheets during decorating, then put back into service as guest bedding.
* the bedside light was broken.
* there was a full size, noisy fridge in the room with nothing in it. I had to unplug it in order to get some sleep.
* the shower, on a different floor, hadn't been cleaned. It contained hair from at least three other people. I had to clean the shower before I could get in it.
* I had to climb up around 80cm just to get into the shower.
* the TV didn't pick up any channels at all. I envy the other reviewers who got 50% reception.
* the room furniture mostly consisted of a battered 'dressing table' (actually a desk), with chunks knocked out of it and burn marks on the surface. There was no chair or stool to sit at the desk.
* the breakfast was one cold, hard-boiled egg, two slices of toast made of cheap, white bread (no option of brown), a slab of jam in a bowl, a plastic cup of cheap and bitter apple juice, and a couple of sachets of coffee and sugar. No teaspoon to make coffee or to eat the egg with. The toast arrived warm, which was a genuine surprise. I timed how long the breakfast took to arrive after me asking for it: thirty-nine minutes.
Never, never stay here. You're just paying for punishment and the experience may well ruin your trip. Nasty.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.