“Terrific stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel The Caesar

You added Hotel The Caesar to your Saves list
Hotel The Caesar
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   26 - 33 Queens Gardens | Hyde Park, Bayswater, London W2 3BE, England   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #316 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Barwon Heads, Australia
“Terrific stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Check in was pleasant, but when I got to my room the radiator heater was on full and the room was unbearable. London was having a mild winter and the heater going was completely unnecessary. I opened the windows and tried to adjust the air-con to cool the room down but it did nothing. I requested someone come to have a look at how I could make the room cooler and someone was there within minutes. I then requested a fan, which was initially refused by the manager (I was told this by the young man who came to my room to turn the radiator off), but at my insistence I was given one. I shouldn't needed to have insist - I am the guest and if I wanted a fan even in winter, I should have been entitled to one without having to ask twice even if the request was strange.I needed the fan for the seven-night duration, too, however I am the first to admit that I do not feel the cold at all and can't sleep even in a moderately warm room. Apart from that hiccup (which was sorted to my satisfaction) the room was clean (yes, small) and perfectly adequate for a solo traveller. The bathroom was tiny and stepping out of the shower, there was barely enough room to dry myself off. The bathroom could have done with an exhaust fan. Bed was really comfortable and I slept well every night. The hotel is a 5-minute walk from Paddington station, a 10-minute walk to Lancaster Gate station, a 5-minute walk to Queensway station and a 10-minute walk to Bayswater station, making the hotel wonderfully accessible to the tube. The hotel is located in a lovely residential area although there are quite a number of other hotels in the vicinity. I had room service twice and it was OK. I didn't try the restaurant or the bar as there were several good pubs nearby (the Leinster Arms is the best of them and really cosy). There is no fridge in the room, but the TV was good quality and the free Wi-Fi was mostly reliable. Staff were friendly and genuinely wanted to please. Would I stay here again? Yes, absolutely. It is a top little hotel in a great location.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
We are always grateful for comments and feedback and I thank you for your time.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Apologies if the heating was too high for you. This can be controlled by a thermostat in the room, however fans are available and I am sorry that this was refused on your first asking. Please note that each room as well a heating system has AC for cooling, although this is not generally needed in the UK in winter.

Mini bars are planned for during 2014.

We hope to welcome you back to our "top little hotel" in the future.

Lee Melville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Greek first
Fort Smith, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Having stayed in London previously, I was prepared for the relative small size of the room as compared to American hotels. My room was neat and tidy and had a full sized bed, which I was not expecting but was delighted to find. The mattress was a bit firm for my taste but I adjusted well. Free wifi! I didn't make it down to the gym during this stay. The area was fantastic - such a nice part of London - only three blocks from Kensington Park. Queensway Tube station was only a few blocks down from the park - an easy 5-10 minute walk. Paddington station was a few blocks in the other direction.
Hands down, the best part was the staff and the customer service. Friendly, polite, courteous and oh-so-very-helpful... I was absolutely delighted with them from the moment they opened my taxi door until I checked out. I will definitely be staying at the Caesar on my next trip(s) to London.

Room Tip: My room was away from the street so while I did not have a view, it was extremely quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay but particularly your comments on the staff and service. We really do strive to excel in this area and comments such as yours are very rewarding.

I do hope that we can welcome you again in the future.

Prague, Czech Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Nice and clean hotel with small infra sauna in the basement (for free) but just with shower, no cooling pool. Free WiFi.

Hearing all the noises from the street was really annoying - can't the windows be replaced by at least a bit soundproof ones?
No fridge on the room.
No bath tube - just shower enclosure.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments and I am sorry that you had a disturbed sleep. The Hotel is situated in a quiet residential area and noise pollution is a very rare comment, in fact the opposite is normally the case. The Hotel is a listed building and changing the windows would not be an easy or economic task.

We have many rooms with a Bath tub which can be requested if this is your preference.

I am pleased that you found other aspects of our Hotel to your liking and hope that we can welcome you again in the future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

My husband and I had the opportunity for a last minute overnight trip to London and wanted a really lovely hotel but at a reasonable price (not so easy in central London). We found The Caesar on last minute.com and all the reviews were positive. I rarely write reviews but felt compelled to this time because the whole experience was so good. The staff were friendly and helpful, the room was a reasonable size, spotlessly clean and well designed and the bed was great. We arrived late so had a drink in the bar (they do fantastic G&T's) and then ate in the restaurant. The staff and the food were excellent and the prices were very reasonable. Breakfast was fantastic! I don't think this country generally does a good breakfast (greasy fried food sitting in warming plates and little boxes of cereal) but The Caesar is worth going to just for their breakfast. We had the Continental and I would have been happy to stay there all morning going back and forth to the buffet. Finally, the location is great (15 mins brisk walk or a 5 min bus ride into the West End) and set in a quiet square with meter parking right outside. All in all a great experience and I look forward to going back again as soon as we can manage it!

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a Deluxe room with a separate living space but the bedroom was very small. The s...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your feedback, we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our Restaurant and Bar facilities. We aim to offer high quality and competitive prices and it is great to see this been appreciated.

I do hope we can welcome you again in the future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Nice one night stay here. I took a single room at the top of the hotel. I got it for slightly less through late rooms at £80. Expensive though that's London and probably comparable if not a little cheaper than single rooms in similar London hotels.
The room is small but smart and I liked the design and lighting. It was clean and comfortable, though the batthroom I felt was slightly underfinished, the bathroom floor needs smartening up a little. Satellite TV. Loaned me an iron/board for free. There is no fridge or mini bar which I was a little surprised for a 4 star.
The bar and restaurant seemed very expensive so I gave that a miss. There is a hospitality tray, again a little on the basic side I thought for a 4 star and limited eg, only 1 coffee, only 2 cartons of milk.
The staff were noticably friendly, welcoming and helpful. I felt safe here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and your comments are noted. Mini bars are planned during the course of 2014 and a bathroom refurbishment programme is now 50% complete. The remainder will be done this year.

I hope that we can welcome you again in the future.

Cerritos, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

With my girlfriend, we stayed over the course of a week and found ourselves pleasantly surprised with the quality of the room. Granted, I felt it was a bit small, but my girlfriend, who has had experience staying in several London hotels, felt the room was quite spacious in comparison. The bedroom was comfortable, with efficient heating. Our shower room, although petite, was well-designed and the shower itself had great water pressure. The addition of a lounge area meant that we had space to relax and dine small meals. The location was perfect due to the proximity to most attractions, particularly the 5-minute walk to Hyde Park.

Room Tip: If you have the money, splurge on a suite instead of an average room, as the extra space might make...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback and photos from your recent stay. I hope that your comments will help others thinking of staying here.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that hope that we can welcome you again in the future.

Trollhattan, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Stayed 4 nights during xmas 2013 with family. Been here before and always nice to come back.
Had a very nice deluxe room. Fantastic breakfast. Very clean.
Fantastic staff during xmas. Same staff worked everyday during our stay.
Will come back again for sure.

Room Tip: With family, book a deluxe room
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Repeat guests who remain happy are our greatest compliments, thank you for your kind words.

I hope we can welcome you again in the future.

Lee Melville

Been to Hotel The Caesar? Share your experiences!