“Brilliant location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Caesar

Save Saved
You added The Caesar to your Saves list
The Caesar
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   26 - 33 Queens Gardens | Hyde Park, Bayswater, London W2 3BE, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #313 of 1,071 hotels in London
Reykjavi­k, Iceland
“Brilliant location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed here for three nights in November (10-13th). We took the Heathrow Express and took a nice walk from Paddington station, just about 10 minutes. We were able to check in right away and got a room on the 3rd floor with a view to Queens Gardens.
Our room was very clean and we could open the window all the way. All the facilities at the hotel were very nice, loved the hard wood floors! Breakfast is a bit expensive, but you can walk about 5 minutes and find many shops like Tesco Express and Sainsbury's for much less.

Hyde park is just 2 minutes away and we even took a nice walk to and from Oxford street. The neighborhood is very quiet as well.

The staff was also very helpful and assisted us with reservations at a restaurant during our stay.

The only down side is the same as with many hotels in London,The room was on the smaller side which is not too bad if you do not have large suitcases, the bathroom was however tiny and not very easy to close the door without some extra effort. My spouse said the room could have been more soundproof if they would close the gap between the door and floor facing the hall.

Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a nice stay in London and not to far from the center.

Room Tip: Ask for a view to Queens gardens and avoid rooms close to the elevators.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
CaesarGM, General Manager at The Caesar, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for your review, we value you taking the time to leave feedback.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we can welcome you back again in the future.

1,091 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Greek first
West Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

To me, the most important requisite of a hotel room is that it not have a depressing, outdated look or feel (i.e., dated carpet, sad furnishings, polyester bedspread) that makes one uncomfortable and not want to be in the room. So I was very happy with our 2 night stay at The Caesar as the room was updated and modern: clean wood laminate floors, wall-mounted flat screen TV, white cotton washable duvet covers, stylish bathroom tiles. The bed was comfy; the room's temperature could be controlled with its own radiator and the windows opened; WiFi is now free.

We stayed in an "executive" room that was a good size and not at all claustrophobic-feeling. The bathroom was spacious. My brother stayed in a standard double and admitted that it was small and that he would have started to feel confined if staying for more than a few nights. His room's bathroom was tight and the double bed took up most of the room, with only a few feet clearance to the wall from the end of the bed. He was still very pleased with the room and would definitely stay at the Caesar again. I would as well. I can't find any fault with this hotel and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
CaesarGM, General Manager at The Caesar, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
It was a pleasure to read your review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope we can welcome you back again in the future.

Ilminster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed one night here in June this year, and again in November. For both visits the hotel was delightful. It is modern, with pleasant staff and considerable style. We ate a good dinner with nice food in the restaurant, quite late. It was far from busy, but the waiter on duty treated us as honoured guests, and showed every sign of being alert, although it must have been boring for him at this quiet time of year. The wine list is perfectly acceptable, and reasonably priced, although no traditional wines are offered - ie there are no Clarets or Burgundies. The hotel belongs to a Spanish Group, we believe, and it shows. Most staff are Central European, and the style is definitely continental - especially at breakfast, which (rather expensive if not included in the room rate) was just like breakfast in Madrid or Barcelona; English breakfast tea was not a great success, but the coffee was excellent. The hotel is in a terrace of fine old Bayswater houses; you can tell when you move from one to the next because the corridor floor slopes quite a lot where they join. Location is excellent for visitors to London, with the Heathrow Express serving Paddington Station not all that far away, and other Underground stations close by as well. All in all, a pleasant place to stay, whether (like us) you used to live round the corner, or for a first visit to London.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I thank you for your kind review, we do value all feedback from our guests. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

The Spanish theme is correct as we belong to the Derby Hotels Collection based in Barcelona. We pride ourselves on our service although a true traditional Brit may find some services at Breakfast unfamiliar.

We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Very nice, modern, well decorated hotel. Overall the hotel looks modern and attention has been paid to make it look modren and styleful. People at the reception are friendly. The room is small, which is pretty normal for London, but well equiped. Bathroom with tub. Wifi internet is free of charge. The breakfast has twomoptions. Continental GBP14 or English GBP 16.50. I took the English breakfast and the hot dishes are cooked. the rest of the breakfast is a buffet. Nice choice of food. very good price/quality ratio.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
I thank you for taking time to review your stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Lifton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I booked into the Caesar as the place had some good reviews, had good availability and had facilities I was looking for such as a gym and wifi.

I arrived Monday afternoon and was warmly greeted and checked in. I was shown to the lift and to my single room. The room was number 111 and was quite small but perfectly adequate given I was only away for the night. I made myself comfortable, unpacked, put my valuables in the safe and then had a meeting to get to. Upon returning about 6pm I used the wifi on both iPad and iPhone and enjoyed relaxing with some tv.

Didn't feel like eating out or gong to the restaurant so tried room service, the pizza was great and cheesecake for dessert was divine.

The sleep quality was ok, pillows were great. The room was right by the lift. For me I'm a pretty heavy sleeper so I knew this wouldn't bother me but for others it would be a disaster. Bathroom was nice with shower which was nice and hot.

On the whole I would stay again as it is well placed to Paddington as well as tube stations. I was able to go for a run in Hyde park that morning as it was so close rather than use the gym in the end, breakfast was nice and relaxed and although I ate about 7.30 it was nice and quiet and didn't seem to fill up until about 8.15.

Three stars only, it's basic but perfect for a one night business trip at an affordable rate.

Staff seem great too, very friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
CaesarGM, General Manager at The Caesar, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for your review, we value your feedback and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, we hope that you will return in the future.

To note we are offiically awarded 4 stars and a sliver award for service.

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I read many reviews on the hotel (some good, some not), so I wasn't sure what I would find. Well we got there and found that Expedia messed up our reservation (long story- no fault of the hotel's at all). We needed to wait in the lobby until my assistant straightened things out with Expedia from our office in California, so we wouldn't be billed twice (another long story). Suffice to say, the staff were cordial and polite in dealing with everything- assured us that they would provide us with a room, regardless of whether or not we got the Expedia booking sorted- or if we booked with them directly. No pressure- they even talked to Expedia by phone to try to help straighten out Expedia's mistake. They felt sorry for us having to wait so long and gave us an upgraded room, which was just heavenly. The hotel is very tastefully decorated and our room was very quiet. We came from Heathrow and I usually just take the Tube, but decided to take the Heathrow Express train to Paddington, and I'm glad we did. We had lots of bags since we were in England for a trade show, so I decided to "splurge" for a cab from Paddington which, even during rush hour was only 6 pounds. Love the location and the neighborhood. Great architecture. Will definitely re-book this hotel again (and I don't say that often), even if I get a smaller room. Highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found the services of our staff helpful and sorted out any problems that you encounted with your booking.

At The Caesar we strive to acheive the best possible levels of customer care and service so it is always rewarding to hear this kind of good feedback.

We hope that we can welcome you in the future.

Basel, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is located near Bayswater main shop road. Very quite location. Staff very friendly and ready to go that extra mile for you. Comfortable beds, breakfast will satisfy all wishes. Will definitely return.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your review and excellent score, we do value your feedback and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Lee Melville

Been to The Caesar? Share your experiences!