“Modern, tasteful” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel The Caesar

Save Saved
You added Hotel The Caesar to your Saves list
Hotel The Caesar
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   26 - 33 Queens Gardens | Hyde Park, Bayswater, London W2 3BE, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #343 of 1,054 Hotels in London
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Modern, tasteful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Very nice, modern, well decorated hotel. Overall the hotel looks modern and attention has been paid to make it look modren and styleful. People at the reception are friendly. The room is small, which is pretty normal for London, but well equiped. Bathroom with tub. Wifi internet is free of charge. The breakfast has twomoptions. Continental GBP14 or English GBP 16.50. I took the English breakfast and the hot dishes are cooked. the rest of the breakfast is a buffet. Nice choice of food. very good price/quality ratio.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
I thank you for taking time to review your stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Lee Melville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Greek first
Lifton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I booked into the Caesar as the place had some good reviews, had good availability and had facilities I was looking for such as a gym and wifi.

I arrived Monday afternoon and was warmly greeted and checked in. I was shown to the lift and to my single room. The room was number 111 and was quite small but perfectly adequate given I was only away for the night. I made myself comfortable, unpacked, put my valuables in the safe and then had a meeting to get to. Upon returning about 6pm I used the wifi on both iPad and iPhone and enjoyed relaxing with some tv.

Didn't feel like eating out or gong to the restaurant so tried room service, the pizza was great and cheesecake for dessert was divine.

The sleep quality was ok, pillows were great. The room was right by the lift. For me I'm a pretty heavy sleeper so I knew this wouldn't bother me but for others it would be a disaster. Bathroom was nice with shower which was nice and hot.

On the whole I would stay again as it is well placed to Paddington as well as tube stations. I was able to go for a run in Hyde park that morning as it was so close rather than use the gym in the end, breakfast was nice and relaxed and although I ate about 7.30 it was nice and quiet and didn't seem to fill up until about 8.15.

Three stars only, it's basic but perfect for a one night business trip at an affordable rate.

Staff seem great too, very friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for your review, we value your feedback and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, we hope that you will return in the future.

To note we are offiically awarded 4 stars and a sliver award for service.

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I read many reviews on the hotel (some good, some not), so I wasn't sure what I would find. Well we got there and found that Expedia messed up our reservation (long story- no fault of the hotel's at all). We needed to wait in the lobby until my assistant straightened things out with Expedia from our office in California, so we wouldn't be billed twice (another long story). Suffice to say, the staff were cordial and polite in dealing with everything- assured us that they would provide us with a room, regardless of whether or not we got the Expedia booking sorted- or if we booked with them directly. No pressure- they even talked to Expedia by phone to try to help straighten out Expedia's mistake. They felt sorry for us having to wait so long and gave us an upgraded room, which was just heavenly. The hotel is very tastefully decorated and our room was very quiet. We came from Heathrow and I usually just take the Tube, but decided to take the Heathrow Express train to Paddington, and I'm glad we did. We had lots of bags since we were in England for a trade show, so I decided to "splurge" for a cab from Paddington which, even during rush hour was only 6 pounds. Love the location and the neighborhood. Great architecture. Will definitely re-book this hotel again (and I don't say that often), even if I get a smaller room. Highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found the services of our staff helpful and sorted out any problems that you encounted with your booking.

At The Caesar we strive to acheive the best possible levels of customer care and service so it is always rewarding to hear this kind of good feedback.

We hope that we can welcome you in the future.

Basel, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is located near Bayswater main shop road. Very quite location. Staff very friendly and ready to go that extra mile for you. Comfortable beds, breakfast will satisfy all wishes. Will definitely return.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your review and excellent score, we do value your feedback and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

A very well situated hotel. Close to the underground stations and convenience stores and restaurants. The staff are very helpful and friendly. The hotel is clean with a modern feel. We had breakfast once in the hotel and it was very good. I would recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: We had an Executive Double room which was spacious for London.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to leabe a review on your stay, all feedback is greatly valued by us.

It is great to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will return in the future.

Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Overall, it was a fine place to stay. I was here on business and my goal was to get in and out each day. The distance to Paddington is certainly an advantage - unless it is raining and dark - and then it felt rather far away.

The rooms are interesting. I was in one of the 2 level rooms and I can tell you that whoever does the marketing for this hotel should get a raise. The pictures make this room look substantially larger than they are. On the positive side, they are appealing to look at and certainly clean. The staff was friendly - no complaints at all there.

So overall: The room was clean, decent size, not the size of the pictures on the website - still a good size. Decorations were nice. Location was okay. Staff was fine. In essence: Average.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of which we value your feedback.

I am a little confused at the use of the word "average" as you seem happy with all our standards apart from the photos on our website, this surley makes us more than average?

That aside, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we can welcome you again.

Lahti, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at the Caesar for the third time. Our stay was excellent once again. The hotel has improved its services and now offers wifi for free - perfect. Now we don't need to worry if we have to get some work done during our trips to London.

Before travelling, we sent them an email that we'd like to have the same room as before if possible and gave the room number. Actually, we accidentally gave the wrong room number, but apparently they had checked our records because we got a room right next to our old room - maybe the old room wasn't available. Anyway, good service, and the room we got this time was as good as the old one, so no complaints there.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room at the end of a corridor (or at least not close to the lifts) and facing Qu...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
It is so pleasing to read reviews like this from repeat guests and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us once more.

I believe that our staff are our greatest assett and I pleased that they went out of there way to try and provide your room request.

We look forward to your stay with us again in the future.

Lee Melville

Been to Hotel The Caesar? Share your experiences!