“Most recommended” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel The Caesar

You added Hotel The Caesar to your Saves list
Hotel The Caesar
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   26 - 33 Queens Gardens | Hyde Park, Bayswater, London W2 3BE, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #344 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Basel, Switzerland
“Most recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is located near Bayswater main shop road. Very quite location. Staff very friendly and ready to go that extra mile for you. Comfortable beds, breakfast will satisfy all wishes. Will definitely return.

• Stayed November 2012
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for your review and excellent score, we do value your feedback and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Lee Melville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Greek first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

A very well situated hotel. Close to the underground stations and convenience stores and restaurants. The staff are very helpful and friendly. The hotel is clean with a modern feel. We had breakfast once in the hotel and it was very good. I would recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: We had an Executive Double room which was spacious for London.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to leabe a review on your stay, all feedback is greatly valued by us.

It is great to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will return in the future.

Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Overall, it was a fine place to stay. I was here on business and my goal was to get in and out each day. The distance to Paddington is certainly an advantage - unless it is raining and dark - and then it felt rather far away.

The rooms are interesting. I was in one of the 2 level rooms and I can tell you that whoever does the marketing for this hotel should get a raise. The pictures make this room look substantially larger than they are. On the positive side, they are appealing to look at and certainly clean. The staff was friendly - no complaints at all there.

So overall: The room was clean, decent size, not the size of the pictures on the website - still a good size. Decorations were nice. Location was okay. Staff was fine. In essence: Average.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of which we value your feedback.

I am a little confused at the use of the word "average" as you seem happy with all our standards apart from the photos on our website, this surley makes us more than average?

That aside, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we can welcome you again.

Lahti, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at the Caesar for the third time. Our stay was excellent once again. The hotel has improved its services and now offers wifi for free - perfect. Now we don't need to worry if we have to get some work done during our trips to London.

Before travelling, we sent them an email that we'd like to have the same room as before if possible and gave the room number. Actually, we accidentally gave the wrong room number, but apparently they had checked our records because we got a room right next to our old room - maybe the old room wasn't available. Anyway, good service, and the room we got this time was as good as the old one, so no complaints there.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room at the end of a corridor (or at least not close to the lifts) and facing Qu...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
It is so pleasing to read reviews like this from repeat guests and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us once more.

I believe that our staff are our greatest assett and I pleased that they went out of there way to try and provide your room request.

We look forward to your stay with us again in the future.

Roma, Italia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Thanks to Tripadvisor, I have chosen this nice and comfortable hotel close to the railways station of Paddington. Affordable fees and good reviews.
Surprise surprise: a very nice place, very kind people at the reception, clean and warm room.
No kettle unfortunately, even if you have istant coffe, sugar and cup.
Early morning wake up and check out. The system was down so, no payment receipt. But they have sent it by e-mail after few hours.
Some small défaillances explain why fees are so low for a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that on the whole you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry that you had no Kettle, this is a complete oversight on our part, as all rooms have Kettles.

I hope that should you stay in London in the future, we can welcome you back to The Caesar Hotel.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Just stayed here for our honeymoon. The hotel is in a great neighborhood and just a few blocks from the Tube. The rooms are a little small but that was to be expected in Europe. Even being small, it was nice and very clean. We had free wifi in the entire hotel which was great. We also had a great breakfast in the hotel restaurant every day. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
Firstly congratulations on your Marriage!

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Caesar Hotel and leave your review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope we can welcome you again in the future.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Caesar certainly set a new record: I have been travelling all over the globe for the past 32 years, but this was the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in! And it was very very basic and slightly smelly! I should have known something was wrong when I did not even get a reply from the hotel to my two e-mails in which I specifically asked for a quiet room and for a room that was not a shoebox size. I was shocked when I arrived in the room and went straight back to reception, asking for a bigger room. The one I got was so tiny I could not even put my suitcase anywhere. Well, yes, ON the bed! But where would I sleep?? Anyway, reception assigned me a slightly bigger room (only by a few square inches, but I could just put my suitcase down!)....right beside an elevator! Once more, back to reception! They told me they did not have any other rooms. I explained to them about the fact that the room was really very very small and said "But this is supposed to be a 4 star hotel!" I could not believe the reply I got! The staff member told me that single rooms in London are always small! And basically said that the 4 stars did not apply to single rooms. Oh???? So apparently a totally different set of rules applies to single rooms??? As long as the rest is OK, single rooms can be small and grotty??? The hotel room reminded me of youth hostels where I stayed when I was a student. As far as I'm concerned The Caesar is NOT a 4-star hotel, not even a 3-star hotel! A hotel room that is much too small, very basic (no minibar, no Kleenex, no iron and ironing board, no frills or extras whatsoever). The hotel also says it's 5 minutes from Paddington. Maybe by car or when you jog/run, but a tourist with luggage tends not to do that. It's about 12-13 minutes' walk to Paddington. I stayed here for 3 nights, will be back in London in August 2013, but have already booked a different hotel. There is just no way I will ever stay here again!!!

Room Tip: Find a different hotel!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your review, although I am sorry that it is not a positive one. We take all feedback very serioulsy and I am sorry that we did not meet with your expecatations on this occassion.

The Caesar Hotel is a 4 star Hotel and is also awarded a silver award for outstanding service and hospitality, one of only 8 Hotel in London. Of course this standard applies to single rooms and if you were told this was not the case, I am sorry. Our team will now be re-trained on this matter.

Some of our single rooms are very compact, as a grade 2 listed building we do have some constraints on what we can do with the building. We do have larger rooms but obviouly single rooms are our smallest rooms.

We are very well located for Paddington and a walk of 5-10 minutes is the average, but of course it depends on the person.

I would love to be able to change your opion on our Hotel and would ask you to contact me directly (leem@derbyhotels.com) where I would be happy to offer a discount on a future stay.

Lee Melville

Been to Hotel The Caesar? Share your experiences!