“Loved the location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel The Caesar

Save Saved
You added Hotel The Caesar to your Saves list
Hotel The Caesar
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   26 - 33 Queens Gardens | Hyde Park, Bayswater, London W2 3BE, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Special Offer
BREAKFAST INCLUDED
Ranked #333 of 1,073 hotels in London
“Loved the location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Just stayed here for our honeymoon. The hotel is in a great neighborhood and just a few blocks from the Tube. The rooms are a little small but that was to be expected in Europe. Even being small, it was nice and very clean. We had free wifi in the entire hotel which was great. We also had a great breakfast in the hotel restaurant every day. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Firstly congratulations on your Marriage!

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Caesar Hotel and leave your review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope we can welcome you again in the future.

989 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Greek first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Caesar certainly set a new record: I have been travelling all over the globe for the past 32 years, but this was the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in! And it was very very basic and slightly smelly! I should have known something was wrong when I did not even get a reply from the hotel to my two e-mails in which I specifically asked for a quiet room and for a room that was not a shoebox size. I was shocked when I arrived in the room and went straight back to reception, asking for a bigger room. The one I got was so tiny I could not even put my suitcase anywhere. Well, yes, ON the bed! But where would I sleep?? Anyway, reception assigned me a slightly bigger room (only by a few square inches, but I could just put my suitcase down!)....right beside an elevator! Once more, back to reception! They told me they did not have any other rooms. I explained to them about the fact that the room was really very very small and said "But this is supposed to be a 4 star hotel!" I could not believe the reply I got! The staff member told me that single rooms in London are always small! And basically said that the 4 stars did not apply to single rooms. Oh???? So apparently a totally different set of rules applies to single rooms??? As long as the rest is OK, single rooms can be small and grotty??? The hotel room reminded me of youth hostels where I stayed when I was a student. As far as I'm concerned The Caesar is NOT a 4-star hotel, not even a 3-star hotel! A hotel room that is much too small, very basic (no minibar, no Kleenex, no iron and ironing board, no frills or extras whatsoever). The hotel also says it's 5 minutes from Paddington. Maybe by car or when you jog/run, but a tourist with luggage tends not to do that. It's about 12-13 minutes' walk to Paddington. I stayed here for 3 nights, will be back in London in August 2013, but have already booked a different hotel. There is just no way I will ever stay here again!!!

Room Tip: Find a different hotel!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your review, although I am sorry that it is not a positive one. We take all feedback very serioulsy and I am sorry that we did not meet with your expecatations on this occassion.

The Caesar Hotel is a 4 star Hotel and is also awarded a silver award for outstanding service and hospitality, one of only 8 Hotel in London. Of course this standard applies to single rooms and if you were told this was not the case, I am sorry. Our team will now be re-trained on this matter.

Some of our single rooms are very compact, as a grade 2 listed building we do have some constraints on what we can do with the building. We do have larger rooms but obviouly single rooms are our smallest rooms.

We are very well located for Paddington and a walk of 5-10 minutes is the average, but of course it depends on the person.

I would love to be able to change your opion on our Hotel and would ask you to contact me directly (leem@derbyhotels.com) where I would be happy to offer a discount on a future stay.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was very pleased with this hotel. It's in a great area, clean and safe, filled with other hotels and apartments catering to the same crowd. Youthful, modern and European. Very nice staff and good facilities. My room was small but efficient as modern hotels are. Next time I will get a bigger room. But it was comfortable and well equipped. And the location is central within walking distance to Paddington station, the tube is nearby as are all the buses that run along Bayswater road. It's a good choice and reasonable for London.

Room Tip: The is a wide variety of rooms so do your research and ask/pay for what you prefer. Some are very un...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your kind review, we do value your feedback and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The room was tiny, the bed only a double and the price was outrageous. Breakfast was not included. We also had water dripping through the light fixture in our bathroom. Staff were nice but I definitely would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us, we do value your feedback and I am very sorry that your stay seems not to have gone well.

We take great pride our service and to ensure all our guests leave happy, clealry we have failed on this occassion with you.

We feel our property is very compertive on pricing in the area. London is now in high season and prices are higher than at other times of the year. We mointor London Hotels prices very closely and I am confident that we are cheaper than other similar Hotels in the local area.

Obvioulsy water should not have been coming through the lights and I am sorry for any inconvience caused by this. If we are correct in identyfing this incident, it occured as a guest above your room took a shower outside of the shower tray causing a flood.

I would ask you to contact me directly at the Hotel should you require accommodation in London in the future, where i will ensure we offer you a better experience and restore your faith in our Hotel. This is very important to us.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed in a single room. The size is cosy enough for single traveller.The hotel is modern and clean.The staff in the hotel were friendly and helpful.It is within walking distance to the Paddington Train station (approximately 15 minutes). The area is serene because it is a residential area. It is convenient to get food since there are restaurants and cafes along the street and a few convenience store to get some necessities. Would definitely recommend friends to stay here next time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking your time to review your stay with is , we do value all the feedback we receive.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Michele Da Vicenza
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed in The Caesar during a work trip to London in October 2012. We usually use this hotel when in London. Rooms are small but nice. Led tv, shower and a small desk. I stayed in room on 2nd floor, those on basement are larger. Very nice breakfast included in an honest tariff for being very close to Paddington !! Oxford street is within walking (25min) distance. The lobby is nice, a very small gym is also present on the basement (with bike, some dumbells and a small sauna). I suggest this hotel for its position and a very convenient tariff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for your kind review, we do value all feedback that we receive.

I am pleased that you have continued to use the Hotel and we look forward to been of service to you in the future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Modern, clean , small rooms but when you are out exploring how much room do you need. I spent 3 nights here and admittedly am very familiar with London, But the location was great close to three Tube stations, shopping and walking distance to Hyde Park. I run so was great to be able to run through the London parks with ease.
Th e rooms are small but modern well appointed, the staff are incredibly kind, helpful welcoming.. I cannot fault this. Its not a 5 star hotel but reasonably priced for the location and amenities. I didnt eat there as there is so much in London but went to the bar for a night cap - the bar man was great and knew my order.

I simple really loved the location elegant and best of all close to paddington to get the heathrow express when you are on your way home.

I got a lovely welcome gift of fruit chocolates and sparkling water - simple but just right. I cant thank the staff enough for such a nice stay. The rooms are cleaned well and the amenities kit was very cute. I cannot find fault at all. I stayed in room 128 which looks over Queens garden a lovely London Georgian Square and had large french windows - which also helped.

Thank you to you all at the Cesar - my second Derby Property so far am loving them - consistent and best of all really good value for money in a city that can rip you off very easily

Room Tip: Try and get a room facing the street - it is quite quiet but the view is quintessentially London. I...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found both location and service a highlight.

I do hope that we can welcome you back again in the near future.

Lee Melville

Been to Hotel The Caesar? Share your experiences!