“Barry House Hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Barry House

You added Barry House to your Saves list
Barry House
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   12 Sussex Place | Hyde Park - Paddington, Westminster, London W2 2TP, England   |
Ranked #179 of 524 London B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Barry House Hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I am convinced that the Barry House Hotel has insiders writing their good reviews. I had booked a two night stay and couldn't even make it through the first night. I checked in at approximately 130am after being stranded in Wales due to flooding. By 2:30am I left the Barry House and walked two blocks and booked at the Hilton Paddington. While at the Barry House I found a cockroach within 10 minutes of being in my room (#24). Also the bedding was filthy. I couldn't bring myself to lay down. I understand this is a budget hotel however people must have very low standards to rate this hotel as high as they do. In the end, I paid both the Barry House and the Hilton for the same two nights but I learned a valuable lesson... Cleanliness is worth the extra money.

Room Tip: Choose another Hotel!!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Vienna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

A very nice B&B from which it is very easy to get into the inner city.

I had a single room on the 4th floor (no elevator and very narrow steps) which was tiny but sufficient for a short stay and clean. Shower and toilet were outside which wasn't a problem at all, I never saw another guest there and everything was very clean whenever I used it.

Breakfast was fine, there was quite a choice. Even full English Breakfast was included in the price.

I can totall recommend it.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Wollongong, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Nice and clean the rooms were small and the shower/toilet were really small. The breakfast was enough but nothing special. I would ask for a room closer to the ground, as if you have a lot of luggage it would be difficult for some people to negotiate the narrow stairs to the top floors. However, Barry House is in a great location right near Lancaster Gate. As it was the bank holiday long weekend we were able to park in the street on the Sunday and Monday free of charge.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floors have narrow stairs to them and could be difficult for some people to lift he...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed in a budget room at the Barry House for a week. The hotel is in a great location and the room was perfect for a single traveller. The room and the shared bathroom and shower were always clean. Breakfast was great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Willow Grove
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

'The Barry Hotel was exactly what we wanted for our stay in London during the Olympics. The room was clean, comfortable, and suited the needs of the two of us and our 14 year old son. The bathroom might have been on the small side, but it was private with obviously new features.

The breakfast served every day was delicious and plentiful. We enjoyed it very much, and enjoyed the camaraderie of eating with the other guests of the hotel - it was a very international experience.

Being greeted and tended to by the actual owners of the hotel was lovely; it gives it a very warm, personal feel, and they could not have been more helpful.

The location of the hotel is ideal; minutes away from Paddintgon station, but enough off the beaten path that it didn\'t feel crowded, especially with the Olympics happening.

We would stay there again, and hope to be able to some time in the near future!'

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Rosarito, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We had a great stay at Barry House. My husband, daughter and I stayed for three nights in mid-July. We were greeted by Bobby, who is an excellent host, not only did he make us feel very welcome, he provided very helpful information.

The hotel's location is very convenient, you are a short walk away from Hyde Park and Paddington Station.

The room was a bit hot at night, I imagine it's ideal during the winter.

Hot breakfast is served every morning.

We would definitely go back to Barry House.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights for the Paul simon concert in Hyde park.
From the moment we arrived we were looked after and made to feel welcome.
Yes the rooms were a little small but fine and very clean.
Breakfast in the morning was very nice, hot and fresh.
And we will have no hesitation in staying at Barry house hotel next time we visit London.
Many thanks, see you all on our next visit.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Barry House? Share your experiences!