“Very happy with the Parkcity.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Parkcity

Save Saved
You added The Parkcity to your Saves list
The Parkcity
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18 - 30 Lexham Gardens | Kensington, London W8 5JE, England (Kensington and Hyde Park)   |
Ranked #174 of 1,075 hotels in London
denver, CO
“Very happy with the Parkcity.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the Parkcity 2 or 3 times, and will be staying there again next month. We find it to be terrific value for the money, with clean, modern and spacious rooms in a conveniently central part of town. My family often calls me "the Princess and the Pea" because I am overly picky about everything, and I definitely have champagne tastes. If a hotel room seems even slightly worn down or less than sanitary, it's done for me. Who can relax in that? My snooty sensibilities are perfectly happy at the Parkcity, and it's nice not to have to pay an arm and a leg for that.

The staff have never been anything but friendly and helpful, and the common areas of the hotel are attractive and inviting. If this part of town is where you're drawn to, then the Parkcity is a very nice place to settle in for a few days.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
ParkcityMgt, Manager at The Parkcity, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments . I am so glad to hear that you stayed with us on several occasions and you have always enjoyed your stay with us.

At the Parkcity we work hard to exceed customers' expectations and your positive feedback is our best reward.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Warmest Regards

1,136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Greek first
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed 3 nights in a double deluxe room overlooking the garden at the back of the hotel. Lovely room, very well furnished and a really comfortable bed. Staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. When we left a bag in their taxi, they quickly located it and kept it safe until collection. Breakfasts were good and we also enjoyed casual meals in the bar/bistro although sometimes service was rather slow here. Ten minutes walk to the Earls Court station and a quiet street make Parkcity a great location. Definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
ParkcityMgt, Manager at The Parkcity, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear guest,

It is good to know that you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel. It was a real pleasure to read your positive comments and I will share them with our team.
I’m glad to hear our staff looked after you well and that you felt our location was convenient to your needs.
We certainly take your comments about the bar and the service time on board and will look at the procedures in place.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Rosario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

A very nice hotel in a gorgeous area of London. Both check in and out were very efficient and fast. The room was very spacious and comfortable, excellent and very comfortable bathroom and closet. The staff very friendly and efficient. Breakfast is very good. Just three blocks from undergorund. I recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
ParkcityMgt, Manager at The Parkcity, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Christian,

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I booked a double deluxe for myself and a standard room for my daughter and her husband. On arrival I found that my room overlooked Sainsburys car park where noisy deliveries were taking place, and there was no double glazing. I requested a change to the other side of the hotel. After a little discussion, when I was told that if I swapped to a Standard which was all they had left, I would still have to pay the price for the Deluxe. I indicated that would not be acceptable and I was shown an alternative Deluxe on the other side and the change carried out by extremely efficient staff. However, upon returning that night after dinner I discovered there was water dripping down from the air con unit above the dressing table - it was nearly midnight and we had an early start the next day as we were going to Wimbledon. I reported it and the receptionist and barman/breakfast waiter (the staff seem to multitask - but very cheerfully) came straight up. It was suggested they could call 'maintenance' but this would take some time to sort out, or put towels down and not use the air con that night. I opted for the latter as I was very tired by this time. Unfortunately, it was an extremely hot night (28th June). Without the air con, I got little sleep and as a result was very tired the next day. Also, I returned after breakfast and found that 'maintenance' had already been in and the entire steel air con hatch was hanging down, preventing me from accessing the wardrobe. I did not have time to request help as we were in a hurry to get our train to Wimbledon. Perhaps they could have waited until I had gone out for the day. However, it was fixed when I returned late that night. The room was clean and comfortable, but ready for a little re-decorating and the bathroom had pieces of the bottom of the bath panel missing. So, some TLC seems necessary. However, all the staff without exception were superb and the breakfast in the dining room very good, both the continental and full English (which my son-in-law had). The bar area is rather un-inviting, but it was nice to be able to sit outside on the decking veranda overlooking the garden instead. I have not given this hotel five stars because it was, in my opinion not value for money. My room cost £518 for two nights and the Standard £478. On checking out I was asked if I had enjoyed my stay, I said ' yes apart from the air con problem.' They commented that I might be contacted with an offer of compensation, but I have not heard anything yet. In summary, top marks for staff and food, perhaps some up-grading and double glazing necessary. The garden (a bonus in London) has much more potential and could be improved too.

Room Tip: Go for a standard room facing on to Lexham Gardens.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ParkcityMgt, Manager at The Parkcity, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Susan,

I am very sorry about the inconveniences you experienced during your stay in the Parkcity Hotel. Though I am very glad to made us aware of the shortcomings of service and I have already contacted you directly to follow up with you in detail about the points mentioned.

East Amherst, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed 5 nights. We were allowed to check in early, the room was perfectly clean and the bed very comfortable. I would also recommend the breakfast, great service and and very tasty options. The Park City is very well located. Close to Earls Court tube stop, it's an easy ride from Heathrow. The staff was always friendly and helpful, such as preparing a takeaway breakfast when we had to leave before breakfast was served. It would be nice if they had wireless beyond the lobby. We will stay there the next time we go to London.

Room Tip: Stay on the 2nd floor and you might pick up the wireless signal.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We will also review your comment about the internet in our hotel.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Kellyville Sydney Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel was a real gem and close to Earls Court and Gloucester Road train stations. Plenty of restaurants to chose from. An easy walk to High street Kensington. The room was very clean and spacious. Breakfast was good and had a variety food to select. The wi fi was only available in the lounge areas.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back and we could watch the squirels in the garden.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I was delighted to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your visit here in the Parkcity Hotel. Thank you for your very positive feedback about our hotel, the staff, the services, and more. I will ensure to pass all of your great compliments back to our team here at the Parkcity.
I also would like to assure you that I have taken your comment regarding the Wi-Fi on board.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Spent a great week at the Parkcity. We had a large room well appointed. Continental breakfast was very well done. The staff was excellent and was always willing to assist on anything we needed. Also, unlike other hotels we stayed at we did not get nickel & dimed for the nice touches.

Great location with a short 7 min walk to Tube. Very quiet location and NO street noise. Only comment is to get a lower floor if the weather is hot as AC is limited.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear guest,

thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel.
I am glad to hear that you did enjoy your stay with us and would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your positive feedback.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reservations Manager

Been to The Parkcity? Share your experiences!