“Gutter made my night a nightmare” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Byron Hotel

You added Byron Hotel to your Saves list
Byron Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   36-38 Queensborough Terrace | Bayswater, London W2 3SH, England   |
Ranked #465 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Gutter made my night a nightmare”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Two gutters leaking from the cealing made my night one that I couldn't sleep at all. One was dripping on the floor, making a terrible rithmic sound. The other was dripping on the table, and I was lucky to move all my stuff out of it, because the next morning the table was completely wet and it would have ruined my passport and everything else.

Terrible night.

The location of the hotel is great, though.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
CapricornHotels, Manager at Byron Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Felipe,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Byron Hotel.

We have now investigated the problem and the leak came through a small crack, it has been now repaired.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and we hope you will return to the Byron Hotel so we can prove our great hospitality and customer service.

Carmen Gomez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Bridport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I had a delightful stay at the Byron Hotel. My room was immaculately clean, warm, quiet and comfortable. It was always quiet and pleasant when I sat in the lounge and it was nice to go there sometimes during the day. The breakfast was marvellous. There was something for everyone and the staff were very kind in offering to toast my gluten free bread. I had a most delicious cooked English breakfast and when I had a guest to join me the staff were very considerate in letting us stay on to talk. I really recommend this central London hotel, with its excellent transport links, in every way.

Meg Donovan

Room Tip: All rooms were excellent.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
CapricornHotels, Manager at Byron Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Meg,

Thank you very much for your positive review about the Byron Hotel.

I was absolutely thrilled to read your detailed feedback following your stay with us, on our central Location and that enjoy our cooked English breakfast which is so popular with our guests. I will also pass on your kind words to my great team. Our reception team always makes sure to attend all the needs as well as provide valuable information and insider tips to discover London.

Please do come and stay with us again in the near future.

Merritt Island, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I recently stayed at the Byron Hotel and found that the location was not bad. It was about 2 blocks (max) away from a tube station along with a few pubs and other shops. The staff was polite and helpful. When we got to the hotel it was prior to the check in time. They had a room ready and allowed us to check in early.
The main concern I have with the hotel are the room sizes. I understand that in London (like most larger/older cities) the hotel rooms can be tight. This was beyond tight. The room had 2 twin beds, table, tv, ect. There was a 2nd chair that wasn't really needed considering the size of the room. To open our luggage, we actually had to put the bags on the bed and open them that way. The beds themselves were at best cots. I found them very uncomfortable but most nights I was so exhausted from traveling the city, I could have slept anywhere. On a positive, the bathroom was nicely situated and the shower had great water pressure.
Would I stay here again? I would say never say never but I can probably bet there's better options out there.

Room Tip: Our room was facing the street and didn't seem to have much insolation. If there are any "...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your review about the Byron Hotel.

I was really happy to read your great experience with our staff - we always keen to hear about it and let them know if they've done good job. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the facilities we offer.
I certainly do understand your point of you about the room sizes. Our hotel is a converted building and some rooms are smaller as an average double room in the US. We certainly have much bigger rooms, so for your next stay we will make sure that you are getting a bigger room.

Cambridgeshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Myself and two girlfriends spent a night here just before Christmas. The reception staff was exceptionally helpful, allowing us to leave our luggage long before and after check-in times. The room was small but clean,warm and had all the necessary bits and pieces. Plenty of hot water and fresh towels.Breakfast was fine. We had continental style which was more than enough although it would be a nice touch if the croissants were warmed in the oven not in the microwave. There was a very good selection of up to date leaflets in the entrance hall. With just a few minutes walk from the tube station and the royal parks very close by, I would definitely stay at the Bryon Hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at Byron Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear valued guest,

We thank you very much for your positive review on The Byron, and are happy to note that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are further pleased to note that our location and good value for money once again combined well to make your stay with us an enjoyable experience. We offer a comprehensive breakfast comprising of a choice of continental breakfast as well as a cooked traditional English breakfast (bacon, sausages, tomatoes, mushrooms, beans and eggs).

We now look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kind Regards,
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My sister and I visited London in August 2009. We chose the Byron based on the Trip Advisor reviews and the W2 location. I was very happy with my choice! The hotel is very quaint, and blends in with the historic feel of the neighborhood. The room was small (especially by US standards), but clean (I'm a germaphobe...so this was important), cozy and well appointed. The bathroom was also small, but very clean with nice, modern fixtures. The tub was deep...which meant the tub walls were way too high! I'm 5'7" tall, and almost fell twice while trying to step out of the shower. After I got used to the necessity to high step in and out, I was fine. We had front facing room and could see the cute quiet neighborhood from our window. There were few (if any) amenities, so if that is important to you...you may not appreciate this hotel. We were never in our rooms (except for sleeping and getting dressed) so that was not high on our list of priorities. The beds were comfortable, and there was a safe in the tiny closet for our valuables.

The staff was AWESOME! Very friendly and attentive, without being overbearing. They were protective of us, as if we were little sisters. We met a guy while in London, who tried to gain access to our room. The staff member came up to check if that was okay (which it was NOT), and laughed at our response. He made the guy wait for us in the Lobby, and kept an eye on him until we came down! LOL! Another guy on the street stopped to ask us a question as we were leaving to explore the city one day, and the staff stood watch, as if to ensure his intentions! We felt very safe there!

THE LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION can't be beat! The Hotel is located steps from Kensington Gardens and Kensington Palace. Follow the (2 mile) walking path through the scenic Park, and you will find other attractions, such as Buckingham Palace on the other side. Other attractions such as Notting Hill, Portobello Market, and Hyde Park, museums were within walking distance also. Not a short walk per say (within 1 mile)...but definitely walkable, unless you're elderly or perhaps have a physical disability that makes walking difficult. We were a couple of blocks from the Queensway Tube (which took us everywhere we wanted to go). So, the first thing you should do in London is buy an extended day tube pass!!!!! The hotel was also within walking distance to restaurants. (We had breakfast at the Waffle House every morning. No...it's not the same as the diner version in the USA. It was clean, and very good. The staff was great there too! They modified my order to create an American breakfast. I LOVE international food...but I have to have my American breakfast!

ALL this is to say...I recommend the Bayswater area, and a hotel stay at the Byron!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a nice review about the Byron Hotel following your recent stay with us.

I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and even more so to know that my team took such good care of you and your sister. Once again our great location and great customer service has combined well to make your stay with us an enjoyable experience.

Thanks for recommending us and we now look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Warm Regards,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Just had two nights at the Byron. Location superb. Staff very helpful and friendly. Room very small . The bathroom had an awfull smell and when looking at the the skylight above the shower it was very mouldy and smelling awfull. It was a very sickly smell that realy could do with treating ..the windows could do with cleaning and the mouldy sills washing. Breakfast was not the best .... cheap tinned fruit. yoghurts .rolls . Ham or was it luncheon meat.salami and cheese coffee and tea fresh juices. .toast if required and full English at a cost of £7.95.I don't think I would stay there again maybe our room up in the attic was not the best as other reviews don't seem to have noticed mould smelling rooms. Avoid room number 40 on the 5 th floor..

• Stayed January 2013
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at Byron Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about the Byron Hotel.

I am pleased to note from you review that you enjoyed our central location and our great staff. I am surprised to read that you didn’t enjoy our full English breakfast which is so popular with most of our client and as you have noticed from most of the reviews that our hotels is rated very high for it’s cleanliness so it actually comes as a surprise about the the issues which you raised about room 40, rest assured this is looked into.

I am sad to read that you won’t be coming back to stay with us but I’m sure it’s not due to any miscommunication on our part.

Kind Regards,
Carmen Gomez.
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We had a very good stay at the Byron Hotel : everything and everywhere was very clean. Friendly staff. Good room and bathroom.
We were very satisfied. We could have a real english breakfast and the coffee was excellent.
We recomment this Hotel for people who wants to visit London. Its an area very quite and so we could rest after the busy town.
We come again if we can. Thank you for every thing.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for posting a review about the Byron Hotel.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and found the entire hotel to be very clean. I am even more pleased that you enjoyed out traditional English breakfast.

Once again our great location, highly rated customer service and good rooms has combined well to offer you a great experience at the Byron Hotel.

Now we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm Regards,
Carmen Gomez.

Been to Byron Hotel? Share your experiences!