“OUR STAY” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Byron Hotel

You added Byron Hotel to your Saves list
Byron Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   36-38 Queensborough Terrace | Bayswater, London W2 3SH, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #486 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Belfast, United Kingdom
“OUR STAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

My husband and I booked our stay with the Byron Hotel from Sat 8th Sept until Tues 11th Sept 2012. The purpose of our visit was to assist our daughter who had come to London to do her Masters Degree. We can honestly say that from the time of arriving at the hotel, until the time we left, we enjoyed everything about this little gem hotel. Whilst our room was not overly big, it was more than sufficient in size for two people and everything was clean and tidy. We stayed in room 18 overlooking the main street and had no problems sleeping. The room had air conditioning and also had a fan, which we made use of due to the very good weather. As for breakfast, we availed of the full English and were very pleased that this was included in the price at the time of booking. All of the staff at the Byron were more than accommodating and all were very friendly and polite and willing to assist in any way they could. Overall our experience of the Byron Hotel was excellent and we shall endeavour to book with this hotel again in the future and would even recommend it to a friend. Great location and the area felt safe at night!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at Byron Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Angie M,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive feedback. It is greatly appreciated.

I was so glad that you enjoyed your entire stay with us and found that the great team here delivered a service that met with your expectations. I was pleased that you enjoyed the facilities and location of the hotel and most of all our cooked English breakfast which is so popular with our guests.

Thank you for recommending us to your friends and we can’t wait to welcome you back at the Byron hotel.

Carmen Gomez.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I booked at the last minute and was a liitle concerned about not really knowing too much about where I was heading.
The hotel is very close to Queensway & Bayswater underground and the bus service into central London is also very close. Paddington station was a 10-15 minute walk.
Reception staff were helpful and welcoming and the hotel is maintained to a very high standard. I had a single room on the first floor which, although small had everything I needed.
There was no noise from passing traffic or late night revellers.
I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Reviewer,

It’s wonderful to read that such a senior reviewer as yourself rates us so highly.

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave such a wonderful review about The Byron Hotel. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our location and the high standards of the hotel. Our staff also is encouraged by your positive comments. We are located in the heart of London yet on a quiet street, which makes it comfortable and convenient for our guests. It’s really rewarding for our staff to see that they satisfied their guests.

Now I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Hull
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed here a few weeks back for a few days for a festival i was at nearby.

The hotel itself is not cheap, and for what you find i would expect a little more for my money but it was close to where i had to be.

The room itself was a twin, which felt a little small but big enough for us, we weren't using it all the time so it didn't matter too much.

The bathroom was where i felt let down, there was a loose couple of tiles in the bathroom, seal around the bath black/cracked, and although the place was clean these little points which seem picky make you think what else wouldn't be right.

I did mean to mention to the staff but the electrical plug on the wall wasn't on the wall right it was loose very loose. and the Television looks like it was just planted randomly.

What i did find was the staff to be very nice and helpfully, accommodating, the entire hotel like i said to be clean.

The lift was broken when i was there not sure if that is a constant thing or not.

the 2 things i found strange were 1, u couldn't take your key with u so they gave u a little card ID, which is fine just worried about if u lost it. 2. when checking in they were "strict" saying we couldn't check in till 2, this was at 1.50. its not a big deal but i found it strange.

Will i use it again..Probably not. I would however recommend it if i knew of anyone who had to be in this area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at Byron Hotel, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Byron Hotel following your recent stay.

I am happy to read that you found our location very convenient and central which is one of the important factors while booking a hotel room. I am pleased to read that you found our staff friendly and helpful and the entire hotel very clean. Due to some mechanical problem our lift was out of order and unfortunately it happened during your stay, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused, rest be assured lift along with other minor points which you mentioned above have already been fixed.

I sincerely hope you would consider coming back to our hotel so that we could change your opinion about Byron in a positive way.

Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I admit I was nervous about staying here, having read some of the negative reviews, but I was pleasantly surprised. The staff were very nice throughout the week I was there; the room (a single) was very small - in keeping with the area's housing stock - but comfortable; the bathroom was clean with a good strong shower; and the cooked breakfast was tasty and substantial. The location is pretty good, too. You get an hour of free wi-fi each day, which was more than enough for me. This isn't luxury accommodation, but it's not priced to be; it's a good, moderately priced hotel.

On the negative side, some of the mechanical systems need work. The elevator went out right after I arrived, and was out of order for the entire week. The air conditioning didn't work in the first room I had, and it was weak in the second room I took (after moving because of the lack of air conditioning in the first room); in fact, even though I had it turned all the way up, it still blasted heat one night. If they get these problems worked out, it's a good place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Dear Paul,

Thank you for letting us know your invaluable feedback following your recent stay at the Byron hotel.

I am pleased to read that you liked our great location and our friendly and professional staff, I’m even more pleased to read that you enjoyed our English breakfast.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the mechanical breakdown (lift and air-conditioning) during your stay. I hope you understand this was an unexpected breakdown to which we responded as quickly as possible and tried our best to mitigate the inconvenience caused to our guests. I am happy to inform you that both the problems have been resolved and necessary actions have been taken to avoid this kind of things in future.

Now I hope to welcome you back soon at the Byron Hotel for an even better experience.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Good & Recommended hotel where food, transportation and shopping are less than five minutes walk in addition to the mannerly dedicated hotel staff.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for taking the time to let us know your feedback from your recent stay with us.

I was so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay, even more so reading about our highly rated staff, they do live by our motto “No request too large no detail too small” and it is great to see that this is noticed and appreciated by our guests.

I sincerely hope we see you again in the near future for another wonderful Byron Experience.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

Mid week booking £140 for one night. Room was still not made up at 1230 went for lunch - shower was over bath but mechanism for lifting to activate shower missing. Really low drilling, PAT test labels out of date!!!! Air con - not working, French door overlooked walled area and covered in pigeon crap. Biigest gripe is the bed was dreadful!!! Have thrown better out!!! Try elsewhere bayswater

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Alanedinnurgh,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Byron Hotel on Tripadvisor. I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for me, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and helps me monitor the service we provide.

We are sorry to read about the problems you faced during your recent stay at The Byron. Our check-in time is 14:00 which is clearly mentioned on all reservation confirmation but we still try to make the rooms ready as soon as possible. Once again we are sorry that you were unhappy with your stay, but are sure that if you had spoken to our reception staff the minor issues in your review could have been addressed immediately.

London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

It is supposed to be a 4 star but for an Italian it looks like a 2 star.
Old rooms, carpeted, faucet needs to be fixed as well as bath.
I was given the so called suite...it was quite ridiculous... I basically have a room larger than the average with a small adiacent room with a sofa bed and a small table. I never went into it a part from when I checked if the door of the other room was closed or if it was open... it was open! If i didn't check anyone could have come in my room from that entrance!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Byron Hotel? Share your experiences!