“Enjoyed staying at hotel with a friendly staff.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Byron Hotel

You added Byron Hotel to your Saves list
Byron Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   36-38 Queensborough Terrace | Bayswater, London W2 3SH, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #487 of 1,066 Hotels in London
“Enjoyed staying at hotel with a friendly staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Good & Recommended hotel where food, transportation and shopping are less than five minutes walk in addition to the mannerly dedicated hotel staff.

• Stayed July 2012
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at Byron Hotel, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for taking the time to let us know your feedback from your recent stay with us.

I was so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay, even more so reading about our highly rated staff, they do live by our motto “No request too large no detail too small” and it is great to see that this is noticed and appreciated by our guests.

I sincerely hope we see you again in the near future for another wonderful Byron Experience.

Warm Regards,
Carmen Gomez.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

Mid week booking £140 for one night. Room was still not made up at 1230 went for lunch - shower was over bath but mechanism for lifting to activate shower missing. Really low drilling, PAT test labels out of date!!!! Air con - not working, French door overlooked walled area and covered in pigeon crap. Biigest gripe is the bed was dreadful!!! Have thrown better out!!! Try elsewhere bayswater

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Alanedinnurgh,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Byron Hotel on Tripadvisor. I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for me, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and helps me monitor the service we provide.

We are sorry to read about the problems you faced during your recent stay at The Byron. Our check-in time is 14:00 which is clearly mentioned on all reservation confirmation but we still try to make the rooms ready as soon as possible. Once again we are sorry that you were unhappy with your stay, but are sure that if you had spoken to our reception staff the minor issues in your review could have been addressed immediately.

Carmen Gomez
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

It is supposed to be a 4 star but for an Italian it looks like a 2 star.
Old rooms, carpeted, faucet needs to be fixed as well as bath.
I was given the so called suite...it was quite ridiculous... I basically have a room larger than the average with a small adiacent room with a sofa bed and a small table. I never went into it a part from when I checked if the door of the other room was closed or if it was open... it was open! If i didn't check anyone could have come in my room from that entrance!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

The air condition does not work. You have to literally beg the shower to let out some water. Staff is cooperative. Rooms are big if u take triple occupancy. Area is nice. The hotel has no facilities at all. You rather stay in another area and pay the same for a 5 star. I had a room for a week but could not survive for more than 4 days. Later shifted to Hilton next to baker street for some what the same price

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Whilst I’m pleased to read that you were happy with our customer service, location and the size of the rooms, I am genuinely sorry to read of your disappointment with the air-conditioning. Rest assured, we have looked in to this problem. We are sorry that we were not able to match up to your expectations, although The Byron’s facilities are highly complimented by a number of guests.

Once again we are sorry that we were not upto your expected standards and have taken on board all of your valid criticisms inorder to improve our service to future customers.

Bath
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I would consider the Byron hotel to be an average hotel, maybe slightly less than average. Believe the reviewers when thay say the rooms are small! They are VERY small, hardly enough room to move around. My room was located in the basement and the front desk told me I had received an upgrade. Upgrade??? I guess they have rooms where you sleep standing up! The room and bathroom were relatively clean, however there was a noticable grime build up in the corners and other hard to reach places, etc. However, my complaint was the smell! The entire building was permeated with the smell of squalor. It was very strong and made me sick to my stomach, so much so, I immediately went to Tesco's to purchase one of those "plug in" air fresheners which seemed to do the trick.
I found the front desk staff to be friendly and helpful, my main complaint there was that they refused to call a cab and instead would call a private car service which costs more and leaves alot to be desired. There is obviously a kick back scheme in place.
I found the Bayswater area to be very convenient, Close to the tube and buses, a Tesco's grocery store about 3 blocks away and a self serve laundrette about a block further with ATM machines along the way.
The Byron is not a horrible hotel, but I would not return. I would look for something else and advise you to do the same.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
CapricornHotels, General Manager at Byron Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Byron Hotel following your recent stay.

I am happy to read that you found our location very convenient and central which is one of the important factors while booking a hotel room. Whilst I am happy to read that found our staff friendly and helpful I am most concerned about your inconvenience with the smell in your room. We never had this complaint in our hotel but please be assured it’s already looked into and I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused.

I am very sorry that your stay with us was not as positive as that of others on this occasion and I sincerely hope you would consider coming back to our hotel so that we could change your opinion about Byron in a positive way.

St. Andrews, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

The Byron is in a great location, near tube stations, Hyde Park, bus and taxi routes and central London attractions.
Strange wifi policy of one hour free per day then you have to pay. Make sure you ask for the password as I was not offered it before I went to my room.
The room was usual small but with all mod-cons, good shower, TV basic channels.
Check in not welcoming and overheard embarrassing customer telephone complaint.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at Byron Hotel, responded to this review, May 26, 2012
Dear Madame_Ascar,

Thank you for letting us know your invaluable feedback following your recent stay at the Byron hotel.

Whilst I am pleased to note that you enjoyed our great location and the quality of our furnishings I am most concerned to read of your disappointment with our complimentary internet service. You would appreciate to safeguard our guests information we have secured internet connection which is accessible only with passwords provided at the reception.

I am even more concerned though to read your review about our team here as the delivery of caring and helpful service is the cornerstone of our service philosophy. Your experience here runs totally against what the vast majority of our guests regularly tell us. Please be assured that I shall be following your comments up directly with my team.
I very much hope that we can yet encourage you to stay with us again so I can change your opinion about the Byron hotel in a positive way.

Yeovil, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

I was concerned when I was booking a hotel in London as I'd read a lot of horror stories, I was extremely pleased however that I think I found a little gem in the form of the Byron Hotel at Bayswater. Not only was our room clean with a really comfortable bed it was also very quiet. The bathroom was well maintained and also very clean. We had the continental breakfast which was very good as it was included in the price: tea/coffee/juice, toast with jam/marmalade, cereals, rolls, croisssants, ham, cheese, yogurt etc. Cooked breakfasts are at an extra cost. The staff readily offered top ups to the drinks. Reception staff were extremely polite and helpful especially to those who wanted directions to tourist attractions etc. The hotel is 5 minutes walk from Queensway and Bayswater tube stations and we certainly felt safe walking back in the late evening. There are a lot of restaurants, cafes and shops locally. We will not hesitate to use the Byron again.

Room Tip: We had room 6 and it was fine for us.