“Waste of money. You can get better hotels for same price” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Byron Hotel

Save Saved
You added Byron Hotel to your Saves list
Byron Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   36-38 Queensborough Terrace | Bayswater, London W2 3SH, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #412 of 1,073 hotels in London
“Waste of money. You can get better hotels for same price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

The air condition does not work. You have to literally beg the shower to let out some water. Staff is cooperative. Rooms are big if u take triple occupancy. Area is nice. The hotel has no facilities at all. You rather stay in another area and pay the same for a 5 star. I had a room for a week but could not survive for more than 4 days. Later shifted to Hilton next to baker street for some what the same price

• Stayed June 2012
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at Byron Hotel, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Byron Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Whilst I’m pleased to read that you were happy with our customer service, location and the size of the rooms, I am genuinely sorry to read of your disappointment with the air-conditioning. Rest assured, we have looked in to this problem. We are sorry that we were not able to match up to your expectations, although The Byron’s facilities are highly complimented by a number of guests.

Once again we are sorry that we were not upto your expected standards and have taken on board all of your valid criticisms inorder to improve our service to future customers.

534 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Bath
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I would consider the Byron hotel to be an average hotel, maybe slightly less than average. Believe the reviewers when thay say the rooms are small! They are VERY small, hardly enough room to move around. My room was located in the basement and the front desk told me I had received an upgrade. Upgrade??? I guess they have rooms where you sleep standing up! The room and bathroom were relatively clean, however there was a noticable grime build up in the corners and other hard to reach places, etc. However, my complaint was the smell! The entire building was permeated with the smell of squalor. It was very strong and made me sick to my stomach, so much so, I immediately went to Tesco's to purchase one of those "plug in" air fresheners which seemed to do the trick.
I found the front desk staff to be friendly and helpful, my main complaint there was that they refused to call a cab and instead would call a private car service which costs more and leaves alot to be desired. There is obviously a kick back scheme in place.
I found the Bayswater area to be very convenient, Close to the tube and buses, a Tesco's grocery store about 3 blocks away and a self serve laundrette about a block further with ATM machines along the way.
The Byron is not a horrible hotel, but I would not return. I would look for something else and advise you to do the same.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
CapricornHotels, General Manager at Byron Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Byron Hotel following your recent stay.

I am happy to read that you found our location very convenient and central which is one of the important factors while booking a hotel room. Whilst I am happy to read that found our staff friendly and helpful I am most concerned about your inconvenience with the smell in your room. We never had this complaint in our hotel but please be assured it’s already looked into and I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused.

I am very sorry that your stay with us was not as positive as that of others on this occasion and I sincerely hope you would consider coming back to our hotel so that we could change your opinion about Byron in a positive way.

St. Andrews, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

The Byron is in a great location, near tube stations, Hyde Park, bus and taxi routes and central London attractions.
Strange wifi policy of one hour free per day then you have to pay. Make sure you ask for the password as I was not offered it before I went to my room.
The room was usual small but with all mod-cons, good shower, TV basic channels.
Check in not welcoming and overheard embarrassing customer telephone complaint.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at Byron Hotel, responded to this review, May 26, 2012
Dear Madame_Ascar,

Thank you for letting us know your invaluable feedback following your recent stay at the Byron hotel.

Whilst I am pleased to note that you enjoyed our great location and the quality of our furnishings I am most concerned to read of your disappointment with our complimentary internet service. You would appreciate to safeguard our guests information we have secured internet connection which is accessible only with passwords provided at the reception.

I am even more concerned though to read your review about our team here as the delivery of caring and helpful service is the cornerstone of our service philosophy. Your experience here runs totally against what the vast majority of our guests regularly tell us. Please be assured that I shall be following your comments up directly with my team.
I very much hope that we can yet encourage you to stay with us again so I can change your opinion about the Byron hotel in a positive way.

Yeovil, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

I was concerned when I was booking a hotel in London as I'd read a lot of horror stories, I was extremely pleased however that I think I found a little gem in the form of the Byron Hotel at Bayswater. Not only was our room clean with a really comfortable bed it was also very quiet. The bathroom was well maintained and also very clean. We had the continental breakfast which was very good as it was included in the price: tea/coffee/juice, toast with jam/marmalade, cereals, rolls, croisssants, ham, cheese, yogurt etc. Cooked breakfasts are at an extra cost. The staff readily offered top ups to the drinks. Reception staff were extremely polite and helpful especially to those who wanted directions to tourist attractions etc. The hotel is 5 minutes walk from Queensway and Bayswater tube stations and we certainly felt safe walking back in the late evening. There are a lot of restaurants, cafes and shops locally. We will not hesitate to use the Byron again.

Room Tip: We had room 6 and it was fine for us.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at Byron Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2012
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for reviewing The Byron Hotel

It’s wonderful to read that you had such a great time here at The Byron. That’s true, our staff has very individual and warm approach to every guest and they are often appreciated for their exceptional customer service. I am most delighted to read that you’d like to visit us again and likewise we can’t wait to welcome you back at the Byron hotel. I wish you had tried our cooked traditional English breakfast which comprises of bacon, sausages, tomatoes, mushrooms, beans and eggs.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back to The Byron Hotel again soon.

Warm Regards,
Paris
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is a reasonably priced hotel in a good location and the rooms are clean and comfortable.
However, they seems to be poorly insulated against noise. Before getting settled, be sure to check -carefully- that you can't hear the grind of the elevator motor or some strange, and loud, sound that happens at regular intervals in the hallway.

I stayed in room 103 and could hear "going down" and "doors closing" all night long. When the elevator wasn't interrupting my sleep, sounds coming from the toilet in the hallway were.

The staff was very professional and probably would have moved me to another room, but once you're unpacked and under the covers for the night, who wants to bother?

That said, this is a solid 3 circle hotel. Being able to wake up and go for a run in Hyde park or easily find something to eat in the neighborhood deserves extra points.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 103 or any other room that is adjacent to the elevator shaft!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at Byron Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Firstly I would like to begin by expressing our gratitude for taking the time to write a review about the Byron hotel.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed many facilities of our Hotel, including the location and professional customer service from our staff.

I was disappointed to read that you were dissatisfied with your room on this occasion due to noise from the elevator. We have highlighted the issue with our maintenance team and it is being looked into. We do have quite a range of room categories that generally cater for most tastes so please do not hesitate to contact any member of our team should you return to London and we can arrange for a room to meet your specific needs.

Please be assured that our management take these comments very seriously and I would like to thank you for bringing these matter to my attention. I would like to assure you that this is not the level of service at The Byron Hotel and it is only with our guest’s feedback that we can continue to improve.

I once again apologise for any inconvenience and do hope you will visit us again and experience the stay in our other room types.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

situated in a lovely place -cul d sac so quiet. rooms were a bit small, but everything was clean and the beds were comfy,so slept well.didnt partake of bfast as it was extra, & didnt do evening meal but loads of lovely restaurants etc at end of the road and you felt safe walking about in the evening. the morning staff were very helpful, and helped us plan our route with bus numbers, stations etc . very adequate .

Room Tip: only saw ours but it was on the road and not too noisy and we had the window open a bit.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at Byron Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2012
Dear Joyce W,

Thank you very much for your kind words about your stay with us. I was delighted to read that you had a good night sleep and found our rooms very clean and comfortable. Our staff is often recognised for their exceptional customer service. Our fantastic location makes Byron hotel a perfect base from which to explore London and what better way to start your day with our popular English breakfast.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back to The Byron Hotel again soon.

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Travelled to London as a couple for 5 nights - hotel easy to find - near Queensway tube stop.

Room clean, fresh towels etc every day, staff very friendly and helpful.
Reasonable prices and a great location, close to Hyde Park.
Enjoyed our short stay very much.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

It’s wonderful to read that such a senior reviewer as yourself rates us so highly.

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to comment on your recent stay at The Byron Hotel. I am happy that we positively contributed to your trip in London. Most of our guests would echo your thoughts about the Byron hotel. It’s a very clean and modern hotel which provides comfortable yet affordable accommodation in the heart of London.

Now I look forward to welcome you back at The Byron Hotel.

Warm Regards,
Carmen Gomez.

Been to Byron Hotel? Share your experiences!