“Great Location, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of London Elizabeth Hotel

You added London Elizabeth Hotel to your Saves list
London Elizabeth Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Lancaster Terrace | Hyde Park, London W2 3PF, England   |
Ranked #441 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Milan, Italy
“Great Location, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Great location for this Hotel, right in front of Hyde Park. Undeground station Lancaster Gate is a 2 minutes' walk. Paddignton is also close by, as well as a number of bus stops. Overall very convenient for visitng the city and getting around. The Hotel itself is pretty in its own traditional style, Our room was quite spacious for London's standards and the bathroom (in need of some restyling) was clean and with all the amenities. Staff were all very fiendly and helpful; I had asked for the two rooms I had booked to be on the same floor and they accomodated my request promptly. We did not have breakfast at the Hotel but I've heard that the restaurant Rose Garden offers great cakes and delicious scones for afternoon tea, so we might as well try the next time we're around :). I found teh price ok for London and for the Hotel range. Would go back when in London.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Turkish first
Palm Bay, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The room was charming. Tall ceilings and stained glass window. Although the room is small it was exactly what I expected. We could see out the window to the rose garden they have out back. Everything was clean and comfortable. The staff is friendly and the breakfast was nice every morning. I found it to be a wonderful location, steps away from the tune stop and hyde park across the street. We had a great time!

San Roque, Andalucia, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Thirty seconds walk to Central Line Tube Station. Thirty seconds to Hyde Park. Staff friendly and helpful. Public areas are clean. Lots of pillows on the bed. State of decor old and run down. The bathroom was the worst area. The grouting around bath was black with many broken tiles. If you are over 5' 6" tall the shower is a major problem. Water went from scalding to freezing constantly. The lift is big enough for 2 people, just. If you have a large suitcase only one person can fit in lift with it. I don't know where they sourced their teabags but the tea was disgusting.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed here 4 nights & the experience was just average. A very noisy location with traffic noise & then there's the glaring spot lights that are on all night that they show on the facade. I would wake in the middle of the night & think it was morning. Unbelievable.

The room we had was a quaint triangular shaped room on the ground floor. Beds were older & the pillow the same. The bathroom very basic, crap hot water system. No drying line just the fittings where there should be one but lone missing.

All in all not a place I'd rush back to. Located nicely at the top of Hyde Park walking distance to marble arch.

The staff were courteous but said very little.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
clackmannan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

this is a nice hotel and well run with really nice staff very helpful and courteous
he room we had was a bit disappointing with steps up to and down into the bathroom which was a bit hard for my wife but as it was very busy i never asked for a change of room
overall this hotel is very good and cant say anything other!
spotless clean and nice staff GOOD

Room Tip: try rooms to the front
Forfar, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I booked 3 rooms here for a trip with my wife, my mother in law and 4 nieces. We had a full itinerary and therefore didn't have to spend much time here, thank God.
Let's start with a couple of positives. The room and bed were clean and the breakfast was well cooked and substantial, I also like "cooked to order" as it saves the lottery that is a buffet!
That's it , for the full 5 days.
Now the negatives. The rooms have seen better days, everything is worn, tired and a little bit threadbare. We tried to gloss over it by calling it "quaint" but it "ain't "
The staff, ah the staff..........at best a couple were indifferent, the rest were unfortunately either rude , inefficient or at worst malevolent.
We had a couple of drinks in the ( tiny!!!) bar and I was perturbed that they left the bar to ring up the bill. The drinks were pricey, but that's London. I did however get suspicious when the barman told me the 3 drinks I bought were £12.75 and then returned with £4.25 change from £20. I hadn't checked my change in front of him and thought it was a mistake I should learn from. We left the bar shortly after to be chased by the same barman shouting "you must sign for your drinks" ! Considering there was only one other couple in the bar I was livid. I asked for the manager and explained what had happened. I received no apology and was told the difference in my change was a service charge which is apparently common place in the whole of the UK!! I explained it was illegal to quote one price and take a higher one and also illegal to not have a bar tariff. The mood changed.... We never used any hotel services thereafter and will never return Con artists would be my summation.

Stayed April 2015
Fleet, Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I can't actually say what staying here was like because they had 'over running maintenance work' on our room Saturday 25th April so they upgraded us to another hotel, a 10 minute cab ride away. All good and well except we booked to stay there because we had family staying there and had booked a restaurant just around the corner. They very 'kindly' arranged and paid for a taxi to transfer us to the other hotel which didn't arrive after waiting for 25 minutes so we hailed a black cab and then only had an hour to get there and back again for the restaurant booking. We were allowed to join our family for breakfast on Sunday morning. Breakfast was pretty basic offering, couldn't help yourself to cereals, or yoghurts for example. Porridge was cold. No fresh fruit such as banana.
Staff were 'pleasant' enough and 'trying' to be helpful but just found the whole experience less than acceptable in terms of delivering anything like good customer service.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to London Elizabeth Hotel? Share your experiences!