“Gift voucher experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Montcalm London

You added The Montcalm London to your Saves list
The Montcalm London
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   34-40 Great Cumberland Place | Top of Park Lane, Marble Arch, London W1H 7TW, England (Marylebone)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
STAY 4 NIGHTS GET 15% OFF
Ranked #15 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Witham Friary, United Kingdom
“Gift voucher experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I received a gift voucher for a spa and champagne lunch which I was lucky enough to use here- the whole experience was wonderful. All the staff were polite, helpful and friendly and the facilities lovely. The meal was delicious and had great choices to choose from. Thank you for a fantastic day!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Sophie G,

I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your time here at the Montcalm's Spa and the Afternoon Tea; thank you for having shared this on Tripadvisor.
I hope that the next time you will pay us a visit you will have the chance to test our overnight accommodation as well; should you require any assistance at all with the making of any bookings, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and it would be my pleasure to assist in any way possible.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

We stayed here for my partners birthday and it was a amazing stay they welcomed us from the moment we pulled up they parked our car and took our luggage. The reception staff were lovely we've stayed here a couple of times and every time it's been great they remember you and welcome you back, the manager upgraded us to the presidential suite which was very comfy with a four poster bed and my little girl loves the interconnecting room with her own bed and tv. Bathrooms are great Shower is nice and powerful and the room was extremely clean I cannot say a bad word about our experience or our past experiences. They surprised us with a birthday cake for my partner and a couple of glasses of champagne bought to our room which was such a nice touch. The breakfast was lovely and plenty of choice. Thank you to all he staff who make our weekend special I would fully recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Cla2809,

I am absolutely thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay during this special weekend getaway, and that the team clearly went above and beyond to turn your stay into a special one! How fortunate as well that we were able to provide you with this amazing upgrade to the presidential suite! Ankur has requested me to send you his regards as well, and he is looking forward to welcome you back soon again; in the meantime, we all wish you all the best.

Sentosa Island, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

The Montcalm turned out to be a great find. After 6 nights at the Montcalm I could have easily stayed another 6 nights as it was unobtrusive yet attentive. Breakfast was served elegantly, and all hot breakfasts were well prepared. Nothing was too difficult or not on the menu.

The rooms are very small but the website prepares you for it. Small but well planned so very comfortable. Beds are very good. Shower is brilliant .

No negatives for this great hotel which is also in a great quiet street just behind Marble Arch.The best part of our stay was Laura ..she made the absolute difference in welcoming us & making our stay wonderful.Thank you.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear cinta07,

How fantastic to see another positive review for Laura! I am ever so pleased that you had such a great stay with us and that the team, with Laura in particular, were able to exceed your expectations over the course of the 6 days. I am also very glad that you enjoyed our breakfast; our Chef insists on only using the highest quality local and sustainably sourced produce, and it is great to see when our guests notice the difference!

I imagine that it will be a little while before you next travel to London, since Singapore isn't exactly around the corner, but know that whenever you plan your next visit, please get in touch directly and we will ensure to provide you with another unforgettable stay!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Excellent service, food, room and the hotel staff is so friendly snd welcoming. Laura Johansson the Guest Experience Manager was so helpful on making my husband birthday special. I would definately choose this hotel again for a city break.

Jody Jones

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Unchanga,

On behalf of Laura and the rest of the team here at the Montcalm, thank you very much for having taken the time to share this lovely review! I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay here and you feel comfortable recommending us; Rest assured that your feedback will be shared with all those involved!

I hope your next city break will come sooner rather than later, and please know that both Laura and myself remain entirely at your disposal.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

The Montcalm London is a beautiful boutique hotel. The service here is definitely first class. The staff at the hotel took well care of me. I even had the pleasure meeting the Hotel Manager, Alexander Henskens, he went above and beyond to make sure I was taken care of. I highly recommend this hotel and would love to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you like a bigger room, go for the Junior Suite. If not, the Montcalm Club is a nice cozy room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Richie N,

Oh wow! Although I absolutely love reading positive reviews about our team, it is actually also very nice to read one with my name on it! I am ever so glad you enjoyed your stay, and greatly look forward to welcoming you back when your travels next take you to London!

Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I originally booked The Marble Arch hotel which is across the road for me and a friends birthday. We actually got upgraded to The Montcalm and from the moment we stepped inside our stay was perfect. We got upgraded to a Park Lane Suit which was beautiful and we had briefly mention our birthdays with the concierge lady and she remember and sent champagne up to our room. we ordered from the room service which was quick and very tasty and was removed promptly when asked. Then breakfast was delicious. All the members of staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend this hotel, even though we received an upgrade I am sure the our original stay would have been as nice. If you get chance to stay here, do it. most definitely lives up to the 5*.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Katie H,

I am very glad that the double upgrade and the champage were well received for this special occasion, and that the team here at the Montcalm were able to turn your stay into a special one. Rest assured that your lovely comments will be disseminated amongst the entire team, with a particular mention to our Breakfast Chef.

I hope to be able to welcome you back soon, and in the meantime, wish you well.

Derby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

We stayed at The Montcalm for one night for our anniversary. I booked on-line and cheekily asked for a complimentary upgrade if available.

We checked in at around midday and our room wasn't quite ready. Not a problem as we were heading straight out anyway. The doorman, Alex, took our cases and we left to do some shopping. When we arrived back at the hotel later our room was ready and they had very kindly upgraded us to a wow suite. It was beautiful. Two bathrooms, a huge round bed, sitting room, great coffee maker, amazing bathrooms. Our bags had already been taken up to the room and we had bottled water and a fresh fruit basket waiting for us.

I had tried to lock our laptop in the safe and completely messed it up. I went to reception and within minutes a maintenance man was at the door and all was fixed.

We decided to have breakfast at the hotel (this wasn't included in our room rate). The breakfast was delicious.

Every member of staff we came across was very polite, very efficient and very helpful. In particular, we loved Alex the doorman. He was so cheery, had a fantastic sense of humour, was very helpful and made going back to the hotel a pleasure. I'm also told he speaks 5 different languages fluently!

Overall our stay at The Montcalm was amazing. They completely went out of their way to make it special and for that reason we are looking to go back at the earliest opportunity.

Thank you to all at The Montcalm.

• Stayed May 2014

Been to The Montcalm London? Share your experiences!