“Best Hotel in London” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Montcalm London

You added The Montcalm London to your Saves list
The Montcalm London
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   34-40 Great Cumberland Place | Top of Park Lane, Marble Arch, London W1H 7TW, England (Marylebone)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
STAY 4 NIGHTS GET 15% OFF
Ranked #15 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Best Hotel in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

We have been several times to the Montcalm and are always surprised how better and better they can get. The location is always the same - excellent - but the facilities and design are always improving. I had not believed it could be better.
The staff are friendly and very helpful and, for me, the next door synagogue is a plus.
We stayed only a couple of nights but shall definitely look forward to return for a longer period.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear M0ttiM,

Just a quick thank you message from 'The best Hotel in London' ;-) Thank you so much for having shared this lovely review on Tripadvisor, and I am ever so pleased that through our product and service levels we have converted to become part of the Montcalm family.

I greatly look forward to providing you with an even better product and service on your next return with us; should you require any assistance at all with the making of future bookings, please feel free to contact me directly.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I must say that this has been my best stay so far in London. I really liked the location of this hotel and the facilities that this hotel offered me. Everyone made sure that my stay here is comfortable and pleasant. I have taken very good memories from here. I would especially like to Manik from Reservations who went over and beyond to make sure that I have a wonderful experience during my stay here. The staff was very friendly and they were always ready to help me. Janin from the Reception was also very polite and helpful all the time. Please pass on my thanks to these people.
I would definitely like to stay here every time I visit London and also would recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear 88pri,

On behalf of Manik, Janine, and the rest of the team here at the Montcalm, thank you very much for having taken the time to write this lovely review! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the team here managed to exceed your expectations; rest assured your wonderful feedbakc will be shared with all the individuals involved.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the hopefully not too distant future, and in the meantime, wish you all the best.

Folkestone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Had a fab one night stay at The Montcalm with the wife. Staff were all pleasant. I must admit that this is probably the quietist hotel I've stayed in. Never heard a peep from anyone else, and not a sound from outside - quite remarkable given that this is the centre of London!

Had use of the Club Lounge - not only served (I say "served" it was actually help yourself to as much as you like) complimentary tea and coffee and snacks in the evening, but also wine and spirits (I actually had to go and ask someone about the alcohol because I was not expecting that!). Perfect opportunity to unwind and relax. Returned there in the morning for complimentary continental breakfast and WOW! Such a great selection. We didn't need to eat again until mid-afternoon!

The room itself was a little on the small side - I think the pictures on the website are cleverly taken and make them appear bigger than they are - but it certainly was not cramped. Room facilities were great - particularly the rain shower! Didn't use the restaurant as we ate out so cannot comment in this regard. However overall, it was definitely great value for money.

My only disappointment was that the swimming pool/spa was closed for urgent maintenance. However, I mentioned this to Mr Pacifico (the reception floor manager I think), who kindly said to let him know when we are next in London and he would give us a 4hour use of the pool, plus a complimentary afternoon tea to make up for the disappointment! So, looking forward to going back.....

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear 1973TJB,

Thank you so much for sharing this fabulous and detailed review! I am incredibly pleased that, despite the Spa being out of order during your stay with us, you still had a great time and that the team, with Alfonso in particular, were able to provide you with a positive experience.
I am very glad you enjoyed the Club Lounge, and indeed, not to worry, it is indeed all for free!

On your next trip to London, please feel free to contact me directly, and I will personally ensure you will be provided with another great experience!

Quebec
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Our office had a 2 day event in the Ballroom at the Montcalm hotel. The event was a success and the staff at the Montcalm were great to deal with and accommodating. The food was very good as well. The only issue we had was the spa being refurbished and the smell from the renovations were quite toxic. Also as a result of this the doors needed to be left open and it was cold at some times during the meeting. Otherwise, all was great!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear trippethetripper,

Thank you for having shared your feedback about your experiences at the Montcalm on Tripadvisor, and rest assured that your lovely feedback about our food, staff, and service will be shared with all those involved. I am terribly sorry that the refurbishment of the Spa caused you these inconveniences, but also very relieved that it did not detract the entire event from ultimately being a success in the end. Once the Spa project is finished, I would cherish the opportunity to introduce you to the new layout and facilities, so you can experience the improvements first hand.
I greatly look forward to welcoming you back soon, whether it be for another event or on an individual basis; when you do decide to visit us again, please do not hesitate at all to contact me directly and it would be my pleasure to assist in any way possible.

Marmaris, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Hotel was located in a great area making it easy to access all area of London, staff were very friendly and polite. Hotel cleanliness was excellent and I would definitely return to stay in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Mustafa C,

How wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay and feel comfortable recommending us! Rest assured your kind comments will be shared with the entire team here at the Montcalm. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon, and until then, wish you all the best.

Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We had a lovely night at the Montcalm. Friendly cheerful helpful with excelent service from everyone. Fantastic room with Club facilities, loved the bathroom wall...had some fun with that!!
Breakfast was excellent too with great range of freshly cooked food for varied nations to choose from. Spa was up for referb...cant wait to see it. Felt like a hotel in Dubai!!!
Will definately return soon...especially with loved the great rates on your website!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Montyzoom,

Thank you so much for having shared your thoughts on Tripadvisor. I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff and service met your expectations. The Spa project is indeed very exciting, I hope that you will be able to see the finished product soon!
Thank you also for your lovely comments regarding our 'Around the World' breakfast; our Chef, Kiran Deshmkuh, insists on only using locally sourced and sustainable produce, but that hasn't stopped him from compiling a menu that is inspired from dishes in every continent of the globe!

I hope to be able to welcome you back soon; should you require any help at all with the making of any future bookings, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Have had several weekend stays in London in the past, but the first time we've stayed at the Montcalm - it definitely won't be the last. I tend to find London hotels so impersonal - but not here. From the moment we arrived at the door to when we left, we had the best time ever. Ate in the sixty-one - superb food; also had a champagne afternoon tea - with some inventive and lovely sandwiches. What made the trip for us was the staff - so welcoming, friendly and helpful. Thank you Montcalm!

Room Tip: They actually have rooms on the ground floor
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear Gail C,

On behalf of our Chefs and the rest of the team here at the Montcalm, thank you so much for having shared your experiences online. Personable service and customised experiences are what we strive to provide here at all times, and it is just incredibly rewarding for our team to see the positive results of our philosophy mirrored on Tripadvisor.

I hope to be able to welcome you back personally soon, and until then, wish you all the best.

Hotel Manager

Been to The Montcalm London? Share your experiences!