“One of the finest hotels in London” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Montcalm London Marble Arch

You added The Montcalm London Marble Arch to your Saves list
The Montcalm London Marble Arch
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2, Wallenberg Place | Top of Park Lane, Marble Arch, London W1H 7TW, England (Marylebone)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #17 of 1,058 Hotels in London
Southall, United Kingdom
“One of the finest hotels in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Hotel was clean,staff were very friendly and welcoming. The hotel called me prior to my arrival just to see what time I will be arriving and asked what the purpose was as I asked for strawberries to be put in the room. I told them it was my girlfriends birthday and as we got to the hotel, they upgraded us and decorated the bed with flowers. It was a really good touch and the food was up to standards. Perfect end to a perfect evening. Would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in London

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London Marble Arch, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Imran111,

How great to read that the team here at Montcalm was able to turn your birthday getaway into a special one! I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay on this special occasion, and very grateful that you feel comfortable recommending us.

We hope to be able to welcome you back soon, and until then, wish you all the best.

Hampshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I was whisked away to London West End for my Birthday and the hotel my partner had booked (4 star) had a problem with our room and therefore upgraded us to The Montcalm, about 5 minutes away, which was the greatest Birthday surprise ever! We were treated like absolute royalty from the get go. The service was outstanding, the rooms were impeccable and the bathroom for me was a highlight. I love a great shower! We were well looked after during our stay and if I am ever lucky enough I hope to be back one day. The Buffet Breakfast was great, but could have been a bit hotter (temperature wise). Other wise the staff was amazing and I could not fault them one bit! So thankful.

Room Tip: Give the Spa a go!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear TishTash3,

Thank you so much for sharing this fabulous review on Tripadvisor! I am ever so glad that you enjoyed your stay and the Birthday surprise was a good one! Thank you also for the feedback about our buffet breakfast; rest assured that I will follow up internally. I hope that now that you have experienced our product and service. the next time your travels take you to the West End, you will book directly with us! Should you require any assistance at all with any bookings, please do not hesitate to call on me directly, and it would be my pleasure to assist in any way possible.

Newcastle upon Tyne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Everything you could wish for. Such a genuine welcome upon arrival. I arrived early and wait for my friend, I was served tea and delicious homemade cake. Staff service 11/10. Room first class, all the little touches to make you feel special. Very well run.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London Marble Arch, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Pamela H,

Wow, what a lovely review! I am ever so glad that the service experienced exceeded your expectations and that the team took good care of you during your stay. We always say internally to give 110%, so that correlates quite well with your 11/10 rating! :-)

Please do not hesitate to get in touch diretly should your travels next take you to the West End, and it would be my pleasure to personally assist with any necessary arrangements.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Well trained & pleasant staff. Surely the best in London!
Excellent teamwork. Very comfortable and great central location. Central London shopping, tourist spots, museums & galleries very accessible. Excellent choices on room service menu.
Would definitely return.

Room Tip: Probably rooms at the rear not overlooking the street would be a bit quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Christopher N

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your experiences on Tripadvisor! It is wonderful to read you had such a great stay and feel comfortable recommending us. I am especially glad to see your note about the quality of our teamwork. We try our utmost to create an environment where our people enjoy coming to work and help each other, and it is just fantastic to see this being echoed by our guests.

Thank you again for your lovely feedback, and I hope to be able to welcome you back in person soon!

athens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Had to stay overnight somewhere quiet prior to a medical exam in Harley Street. Called the excellent manageress, Amanda, prior to booking, who promised same. Arrived, all ready for me, top quality service, perfectly located; I will return. Many thanks

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear simonmgreece,

On behalf of Amanda and the rest of the team here at the Montcalm, thank you very much for writing this fabulous review! I am glad your stay and experience met your expectations, and hope the outcome of the medical was all positive.
Wishing you health and happiness for the remainder of 2014, and hope to be able to welcome you back soon!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Can not say anything but great things about this hotel, the staff are its biggest aset. From first contact to the monent we left, they were more then helpful.....there are a great team but for me manik was amazing, with every request and smasl detail, as it was a suprise bday stay he took care of everything, martina at the spa made are spa bookings for are group as easy as possible and then laura took care of the rest. It was a amazing break and will be going back there soon!!! Thanks manik and the team for making it a great day!!

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London Marble Arch, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Am786786,

On behalf of Manik, Martina, Laura, and the rest of the team here at the Montcalm, I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experiences following your stay with us. Please allow me to hereby also wish you once more a Happy (albeit belated) Birthday! It is fantastic to see you had such a great experience and we all look forward to trumping it the next time your travels take you to the West End!

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Great location near shopping on Oxford st, as well as underground tube and bus stations all within 5 mins walking distance. Staff extremely friendly. Modern rooms w/ Villeroy & Boch bath ware. Rooms r a bit small (20sqm but a good size for London rooms). I stayed w/ my husband it was enough. Apple Dock and thick bath robe :) all the amazing things are here. Sadly we couldn't try the spa but seems like an great facility. The doorman was very helpful and arranged taxi to the airport for us and was punctual. I would definitely stay there again if I return to London. Just for its amazing location near public transportation, my husband was there for work and I was able to cover most museums and interesting locations, including having my morning coffee at Hyde Park which is 6 minutes walk away.

Room Tip: We stayed at G1 although it was right next to the elevators it was quiet and cozy. 20sqm should be t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear MalkiD,

Thank you for writing this lovely review! I am very pleased that the facilities and service provided exceeded your expectations and that you have found your 'home away from home' here at the Montcalm. We try our utmost to ensure that every aspect of our rooms is coated in luxury, so I am glad that you noticed the quality of our bathware!

We all look forward to welcoming you back with us soon; please do not hesitate to get in touch directly should you require any assistance at all in making arrangements to further enhance your next stay.