“short stay in Central London” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Montcalm London

You added The Montcalm London to your Saves list
The Montcalm London
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   34-40 Great Cumberland Place | Top of Park Lane, Marble Arch, London W1H 7TW, England (Marylebone)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
STAY 4 NIGHTS GET 15% OFF
Ranked #12 of 1,052 Hotels in London
athens
“short stay in Central London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Had to stay overnight somewhere quiet prior to a medical exam in Harley Street. Called the excellent manageress, Amanda, prior to booking, who promised same. Arrived, all ready for me, top quality service, perfectly located; I will return. Many thanks

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear simonmgreece,

On behalf of Amanda and the rest of the team here at the Montcalm, thank you very much for writing this fabulous review! I am glad your stay and experience met your expectations, and hope the outcome of the medical was all positive.
Wishing you health and happiness for the remainder of 2014, and hope to be able to welcome you back soon!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Can not say anything but great things about this hotel, the staff are its biggest aset. From first contact to the monent we left, they were more then helpful.....there are a great team but for me manik was amazing, with every request and smasl detail, as it was a suprise bday stay he took care of everything, martina at the spa made are spa bookings for are group as easy as possible and then laura took care of the rest. It was a amazing break and will be going back there soon!!! Thanks manik and the team for making it a great day!!

• Stayed March 2014
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Am786786,

On behalf of Manik, Martina, Laura, and the rest of the team here at the Montcalm, I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experiences following your stay with us. Please allow me to hereby also wish you once more a Happy (albeit belated) Birthday! It is fantastic to see you had such a great experience and we all look forward to trumping it the next time your travels take you to the West End!

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Great location near shopping on Oxford st, as well as underground tube and bus stations all within 5 mins walking distance. Staff extremely friendly. Modern rooms w/ Villeroy & Boch bath ware. Rooms r a bit small (20sqm but a good size for London rooms). I stayed w/ my husband it was enough. Apple Dock and thick bath robe :) all the amazing things are here. Sadly we couldn't try the spa but seems like an great facility. The doorman was very helpful and arranged taxi to the airport for us and was punctual. I would definitely stay there again if I return to London. Just for its amazing location near public transportation, my husband was there for work and I was able to cover most museums and interesting locations, including having my morning coffee at Hyde Park which is 6 minutes walk away.

Room Tip: We stayed at G1 although it was right next to the elevators it was quiet and cozy. 20sqm should be t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear MalkiD,

Thank you for writing this lovely review! I am very pleased that the facilities and service provided exceeded your expectations and that you have found your 'home away from home' here at the Montcalm. We try our utmost to ensure that every aspect of our rooms is coated in luxury, so I am glad that you noticed the quality of our bathware!

We all look forward to welcoming you back with us soon; please do not hesitate to get in touch directly should you require any assistance at all in making arrangements to further enhance your next stay.

Newark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Having stayed at quite a few London hotels, the Montcalm has jumped to the top of our preferred list.
Janine, the Guest Experience Manager could not have been more helpful, the bar and waiting staff were very attentive, the room was clean, comfortable and a decent size. We had Club access too which was nice to use for a pre-dinner drink and even breakfast.
We'd certainly recommend giving this boutique hotel a try. Room rates are what you'd expect of a good London hotel, but this is a GREAT London hotel.

Room Tip: Go for one of the "club" rooms
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear jsl73,

On behalf of Janine and the rest of the team here at the Montcalm, thank you very much for writing this lovely review! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that Janine and Co have put the Montcalm at the top of your list!
We hope to see you soon again; if and when you do decide to come back to the West End, please do feel free to get in touch, and we will do our best to arrange another great experience.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed at The Montcalm Hotel for three nights a couple of months ago. And we where both very impressed with this beautiful Hotel right in the west end of London. Only a few minutes walk to Oxford street. And right by Marble Arch. Great location. Everything right at ones door step. The hotel is very nicely decorated. As you would expect from a 5 star hotel. And there are great deals the hotel offer too. The service was fantastic. The rooms great and good size rooms too. The bar, resturant serve really nice food and great choice of drinks. And there is a great spa too. My husband was very impressed. And he can be hard to please. I loved everything about The Montcalm hotel. They even let us have a late check out on our departure day. A nice touch. Considering they where fully booked. I would highly recommend this hotel. And look forward to our next stay . A great hotel for both business and a weekend away. Thank you to all the great staff for making our stay so memorable.

Room Tip: You can not go wrong. Great rooms. Good size rooms too for London.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Cicide,

What a lovely review! Thank you so much for sharing your experience online following your stay with us, and I am delighted that we managed to exceed you and your husband's expectations during your visit. We all hope to welcome you back soon; whether it be for leisure or business, we will ensure your next visit will be another special one.

Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

This is my forth stay at the amazing Montcalm hotel. I wouldn't choose to stay anywhere else in London - Why would I when the hotel is perfect. From the standard rooms to the suites the rooms will not disappoint. They are exceptionally clean, modern, spacious and accommodating. I absolutely love this hotel and would recommend it to any of my friends/ family and will definitely be returning. As well as the hotel being exceptional, the staff couldn't be better you are sure to be welcomed with a warm smile and they are more than happy to help you in anyway possible - it's as if your royalty! Directly opposite the hotel is an NCP car park which for central London doesn't have bad rates at all and the car park is supervised and safe. The Location is brilliant for Shopping/ Site seeing and oxford street is just a 3/5 min walk away and for anything else there are taxis right outside. I have stayed in many hotels in London but after visiting the Montcalm I don't need to try anymore and I suppose the fact I have stayed here four times really speaks for itself! Thanks so much to all the staff at the Montcalm for another fantastic Stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jenny D,

Thank you so much for this amazing review! I am absolutely thrilled that the team here at the Montcalm has managed to turn you into a regular guest and part of the 'family'. We hope to be able to welcome you back for a fifth stay soon; should you require any assistance at all or wish to further personalise your stays, please do not hesitate to get in touch directly, as we are all completely at your disposal.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Not the best value for money. Room very crowded with all that is in there but well equipped. Television seemed to close but that is due to the narrow size. Website states payment taken on day of check in but they put through day before and then wanted £50 deposit.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Leorose26,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor. I am very sorry that the room was not to your liking and that you felt you haven't been provided with an experience that represented value for money. The £50 that was taken upon check-in was a deposit for any incidentals, such as for example minibar expenditure, which is the norm amongst hotels in London, but I can understand that, if not explained correctly, this may seem strange to you, and hence please accept my sincere apologies for the lack of communication from our side.
I do hope though that otherwise the service received by our team made up for these inconveniences and that you will be willing to give us another try. Should you decide to do so, please do not hesitate to get in touch directly, and it would be my pleasure to show you around the different rooms that we have so that we can find a category that is suitable and sufficiently spacious for you.