“Great hotel but......” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pullman London St Pancras

You added Pullman London St Pancras to your Saves list
Pullman London St Pancras
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 - 110 Euston Road, London NW1 2AJ, England (Formerly Novotel) (Euston / Kings Cross /St Pancras)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #102 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Great hotel but......”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

This is a really nice hotel, staff are friendly and attentive, rooms are clean and spacious, however I needed to eat around 5pm so only choice was the bar menu. This is not a great choice for a main meal so went for the £13.00 burger.

Tasty..yes but no fries, no salad and a 10% surcharge on top for the staff to carry it from the kitchen to my table. I know this is London and everything is expensive, how much would it have cost to add a few fries and a bit of salad and make me think I was getting value for money.

Overall a good hotel but I cant help thinking they just ripped me off with the food

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
FaithJohnston, Manager at Pullman London St Pancras, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Pullman London St Pancras.

I am delighted that your experience in our hotel was a memorable one. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with the rest of our team. We appreciate that you took the time to share both the good and not so good parts of your time with us. Our aim is provide a level of service that our guests truly enjoy and one that we can be proud of.

Kind regards,
Quality & Attitude Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (545)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

When French based giant Accor Hotels sensed the need to cater more closely to its cosmopolitan, mobile, hyper-connected clientele it was back to the drawing board for its planning team. A computerised version of a hotel was gutted – and a new product – from the baggage lift by the front steps to satellite style check-in pods and exterior glass lifts took shape. Drawing on the expertise of an organization with 3,500 hotels under its belt, the product had to set a new benchmark for savvy travellers – be smart, functional, well located and still good value. And so Pullman Hotels was born – and the success of this brand is evidenced by the fact that already there are 89 around the world. Accor has luxury brands but Pullman had to be different – upmarket but not stuffy – hotels that had an exciting buzz from the moment a client checked in. Vast empty foyers were out – the space instead used for restaurants, bars and comfy lounges. Finally a digital package would allow clients to browse the web and check their emails anywhere in the hotel.
We booked into the Kings Cross St Pancras Pullman because we were arriving in London around 1pm from Paris via Eurostar and Fiona had an important meeting at 4pm. The first priority was to find an upmarket hotel a stroll away from the railway station with a comfy, serviced lounge area where we could sit and talk. Getting to the hotel couldn’t be simpler – after exiting the station you cross the road and take the first right. No need to drag your case up the steps out the front if the doorman is busy – there is a lift on the right hand side. Check-in was quick and easy via a series of booths rather than one desk. In no time at all I was looking at london's skyline - a glass of Bergerie de la Bastide in hand, from deluxe room number 1410. What a change from the Novotel days. You get the buzz as soon as you arrive. I love big foyers - and there it is - but it is not wasted space. You are immediately greeted by the noise, sights, sounds, laughter of a working hotel as guests enjoy everything from a drink at the bar and afternoon tea to a meal or just a chat with a client.
The rooms are big for London and as you would expect fitted out comfortably with plenty of desk space, a big flat TV, ipod dock, individual reading lights - you name it. Bathroom space is used for a good sized shower - no bath thankfully. Everything is thought out carefully – right down to the safe at face level making locking simple. So how was the breakfast? In a word, brilliant - right down to the orange or raspberry smoothie shots. You could dine on the cheese board alone. It was easily the best and most appealing spread we experienced – and the most stylishly presented - in three weeks of travel. The food in England has improved out of sight in the last few years following a vigorous and much overdue campaign by Visitbritain.
Leading the team is livewire GM Jaime Faus who really has his work cut out. As well as 300 rooms he has convention facilities for 400 plus a full size theatre to keep full. Service was brisk and friendly in every department.

To Conclude: A stylish, well run, communications savvy hotel ideally sited close the London Eurostar terminal. Breakfast is a real treat. ****.5

Ian McIntosh is Australia’s Senior Traveller

Room Tip: Book a deluxe room with a view of the ever changing London skyline.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such comprehensive feedback relating to your recent stay at the Pullman London St Pancras.

I am delighted that your experience in our hotel was a positive and enjoyable one. It will be my pleasure to share your kind comments with the rest of my team.

The glass lift is a great way to enjoy the views. I hope you had a chance to stop by the 16th floor and take in the breath taking views from there.

Thank you again for your kind compliments and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Kind regards

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Coming from Paris with Eurostar we found this hotel perfectly located near St Pancras station, the service was remarquable, the rooms very comfortable and the breakfeast splendid.
The normal rate is rather high but the second night was reduced by 50% during this period.
On our next trip to London we shall certainly return there if the promotion is maintained.

Room Tip: High levels rooms have a fantastic view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Kind regards,
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I knew this hotel when it was Euston Novotel. It was well placed, especially as I arrive at Euston and reasonably priced. For some reason the Accor Group must find it suits them to upgrade it to St Pancras Pullman. Its location hasn/t changed, despite the name but it is now vastly more expensive.
What do you get for the extra? The foyer has been much improved at huge expense but that doesn't impress me at all, especially for a business trip. The rooms are---well----rooms. They have a bed and a wardrobe, the bathroom is Ok etc. It is now at the higher end of average and serves the same purpose. If you impressed by a bigger TV then you may not mind paying £250/£300+ depending on which way the wind is blowing, but I do.
I can tolerate it as my client is paying and, to be fair, the prices are not that much higher than most tolerable London hotels but it still irritates me that the customer pays for a hotel chains decision to spend money on a glitzy foyer.
I can't comment on the breakfast as I don't go for the massive £20 spread when on business. There is a Pret over the road with better coffee and fresher croissants.

Room Tip: I like the rooms at the back with a view of the British Library and St Pancras station
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Warrington, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Stayed at this hotel this week and was initially pleased with the room, whilst fairly standard - good shower, comfortable bed, clean. However I had a family emergency where my mum was rushed to hospital and I had to leave early. I had paid an advanced rate with Booking.Com and requested that under the circumstances I felt I should have received a refund for at least one of the nights. I was informed that this could only be done at the discretion of the hotel. Reception staff were dismissive at best, suggesting that there was nothing they could do. I was obviously upset but they did not even acknowledge the fact and just continued to print out my original invoice. Plse understand that this was not a personal money issue, my company were paying for my stay and are brilliantly supportive in such circumstances. I just cannot believe that in this day and age customer service could be so lacking and common decency forgotten. Don't employ somebody to open the door for me. Employ staff that can make your customers feel a customer.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Staines, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stayed with my wife and as a night out and as an Accor card member we got upgraded to a high floor, executive room. The view across London's rooftops was stunning, all the way to the London Eye. Service was great at the bar but we did not have the chance to eat!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
FaithJohnston, Manager at Pullman London St Pancras, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback relating to your recent stay at the Pullman London St Pancras.

I am delighted that your experience in our hotel was a positive one and you enjoyed the views from your room.

Kind regards

Quality & Attitude Manager

Been to Pullman London St Pancras? Share your experiences!