“Beautiful Property, Great Location, Amazing Staff” 5 of 5 stars

The Park Lane Sheraton Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Piccadilly, London W1J 7BX, England (Mayfair)   |
Ranked #654 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Miami, FL
“Beautiful Property, Great Location, Amazing Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

What a great historic hotel! We stayed at the hotel for a special occasion and the staff took amazing care of us! Everyone was so friendly and helpful, from recommendations for great local restaurants, to pointers on the good tourists attractions as well as local sights, to most importantly for Americans in London, good directions. Everyone on staff was eager to please. This is a historic property and well maintained, but if you are looking for ultra modern, the charm and grace of this hotel will be lost on you. As tourists, we couldn't have been happier; we were close to Green Park station which has three lines, enabling us to travel quickly through the City either direct or with only one change. Best bonus: taking the Piccadilly line to and from the airport! We were also walking distance (twenty minutes or less) from great must sees like Piccadilly Circus, Leicester Square, Buckingham Palace, Westminster, and the London Eye. I would highly recommend that if you are staying for an extended period to upgrade to a junior suite, it is well appointment, has a great soaking tub, and beautiful views. A special thank you to Roman Husock at Reception who gave us a great welcome experience and wonderful suggestions.

Room Tip: Splurge on a junior suite, great views, very spacious!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ColinBennett, General Manager at The Park Lane Sheraton Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Island-Hopper_77,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your recent stay.
I am happy to have learned that the team went over and beyond to ensure your stay was as comofortable and enjoyable and that you found the location of the hotel to be extremely convenient for your sightseeing. I have addressed your feedback with the whole team.

Please feel free to contact me or the team should you find yourself back in London at a future date, and I would be more than delighted to repeat this experience with you.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Les Matelles, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Great Location and nice public areas (restaurant, bar) the staff is very helpful, the downside is the rooms are a little quaint and dated but the beds are very comfortable and it is overally a great price for the quality of the location, room service is not very expensive neither is the Citrus restaurant.

Room Tip: demander une upgrade avec vue sur le park
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear FamilleClement,

I was delighted to read that you had an overall memorable experience here at the Sheraton Park Lane, and would like to thank you for detailing your experience with us.

I have shared with the team, how you found the staff to be very helpful during your stay and that you enjoyed the Palm Court Lounge as well as the Citrus restaurant.

Should you and your family find yourself back in London, please do not hesitate to contact me and I would look forward to welcoming you back and repeating this experience.

seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I am a corporate traveler and stayed at this Sheraton earlier in the week. Came back very late tonight after getting off Eurostar and having booked this room a few days earlier. Checked in and there was NO MENTION of being sold out and only having smoking rooms. No honesty. So when I got to the 5th floor and smelled smoke in the hall way I was furious. Went into my room and found an ashtray. Went back to reception had to wait again and was summarily told they could do nothing about it. Not even offer me some discount (even though my company is paying). I'm so furious I"ve got steam coming out of my ears. Never again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Baladeira,

I was disappointed to read that during your recent stay with us, you did not have a positive experience with us and I have shared your comments about being placed into a smoking room with the team , in order to avoid this situation again.

Please feel free to contact me, should you find yourself back in London either for business or pleasure and I would look forward to welcoming you back.

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Nice friendly hotel - the staff were efficient and polite - excellent location with parking and easy access to Piccadilly,The West End etc - Nice to stay in a well run classic hotel with style - Will definitely visit again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Smith10101,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay. I was delighted to read that you found the team to be efficient and polite and the location of the hotel to be of good convenience to you during your stay. I have addressed your comments with the whole team and we would be more than delighted to repeat this experience with you at a future date.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed here for one night prior to us departing for Southampton for a European Cruise. Front Desk service was fast, and friendly. The rooms are small, but a good enough size. Our room had a Large walk in closet, so a good place to put the bags in a small room. The bathrooms was quite spacious for London, newly updated with an amazing shower! Nice and clean. Breakfast was very good as a full one was included. Great location walking distance to all the good spots!! If you can get a good deal here, its worth staying here. Not 5 star by any means, but not 3 either.!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear manium,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. I am happy to read that you had an overall positive experience with us, especially having found the Front Desk to be efficient and friendly and the breakfast quite enjoyable.

After your European Cruise, should you find yourself back in London, please do let me know and I would be more than delighted to repeat this experience with you!

Gharghur, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

When I arrived at the hotel I was feeling sick running a temperature. I was impressed by the personal attention I got from the Manager on Duty of the hotel who upgraded my room to a suite free of charge so he ensured that I felt comfortable. He offered me his services and his staff services should I needed anything while I was sick.

Also, the room service was excellent and the WiFi facilities (which are of extreme importance for me) were better than expected. The staff were extraordinary friends and helful and highly efficient in all demands I had during my stay. I will defintely stay at the same hotel when I visit London next, being for business or pleasure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Nick C,

I would like to thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us.
I was delighted to read that our team went above and beyond in order to ensure you felt as comfortable as possible during your stay, considering you were feeling ill. I have taken the liberty to share your feedback with the team.

Please let me know when you find yourself back in London, and I would be more than delighted to welcome you back.

Lisbon, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I almost always stay at this hotel for it's value for money and great location. It is far from 5 stars, but service is good.

The bar/parlour area is great for afternoon tea, informal meetings or pre/after dinner drinks.

Standard rooms are small and bathrooms smaller the you would expect for a Sheraton hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view to Green Park.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear PortugueseFoodie,

I would like to thank you for sharing your comments about your stays with us at the Park Lane. I am delighted to read that you find the hotel to be of great value for money and that you enjoy the service you receive.

Please feel free to contact either myself or the team, the next time you are in London and we would be more than delighted to repeat the experience with you!

Hotel Manager

Been to The Park Lane Sheraton Hotel? Share your experiences!