“Put me in smoking room, no apologies” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Park Lane Sheraton Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Park Lane Sheraton Hotel to your Saves list
The Park Lane Sheraton Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Piccadilly, London W1J 7BX, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Ranked #640 of 1,072 hotels in London
seattle
“Put me in smoking room, no apologies”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I am a corporate traveler and stayed at this Sheraton earlier in the week. Came back very late tonight after getting off Eurostar and having booked this room a few days earlier. Checked in and there was NO MENTION of being sold out and only having smoking rooms. No honesty. So when I got to the 5th floor and smelled smoke in the hall way I was furious. Went into my room and found an ashtray. Went back to reception had to wait again and was summarily told they could do nothing about it. Not even offer me some discount (even though my company is paying). I'm so furious I"ve got steam coming out of my ears. Never again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ColinBennett, General Manager at The Park Lane Sheraton Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Baladeira,

I was disappointed to read that during your recent stay with us, you did not have a positive experience with us and I have shared your comments about being placed into a smoking room with the team , in order to avoid this situation again.

Please feel free to contact me, should you find yourself back in London either for business or pleasure and I would look forward to welcoming you back.

1,924 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Polish first
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Nice friendly hotel - the staff were efficient and polite - excellent location with parking and easy access to Piccadilly,The West End etc - Nice to stay in a well run classic hotel with style - Will definitely visit again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Smith10101,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay. I was delighted to read that you found the team to be efficient and polite and the location of the hotel to be of good convenience to you during your stay. I have addressed your comments with the whole team and we would be more than delighted to repeat this experience with you at a future date.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed here for one night prior to us departing for Southampton for a European Cruise. Front Desk service was fast, and friendly. The rooms are small, but a good enough size. Our room had a Large walk in closet, so a good place to put the bags in a small room. The bathrooms was quite spacious for London, newly updated with an amazing shower! Nice and clean. Breakfast was very good as a full one was included. Great location walking distance to all the good spots!! If you can get a good deal here, its worth staying here. Not 5 star by any means, but not 3 either.!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear manium,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. I am happy to read that you had an overall positive experience with us, especially having found the Front Desk to be efficient and friendly and the breakfast quite enjoyable.

After your European Cruise, should you find yourself back in London, please do let me know and I would be more than delighted to repeat this experience with you!

Gharghur, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

When I arrived at the hotel I was feeling sick running a temperature. I was impressed by the personal attention I got from the Manager on Duty of the hotel who upgraded my room to a suite free of charge so he ensured that I felt comfortable. He offered me his services and his staff services should I needed anything while I was sick.

Also, the room service was excellent and the WiFi facilities (which are of extreme importance for me) were better than expected. The staff were extraordinary friends and helful and highly efficient in all demands I had during my stay. I will defintely stay at the same hotel when I visit London next, being for business or pleasure.

Dear Nick C,

I would like to thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us.
I was delighted to read that our team went above and beyond in order to ensure you felt as comfortable as possible during your stay, considering you were feeling ill. I have taken the liberty to share your feedback with the team.

Please let me know when you find yourself back in London, and I would be more than delighted to welcome you back.

Lisbon, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I almost always stay at this hotel for it's value for money and great location. It is far from 5 stars, but service is good.

The bar/parlour area is great for afternoon tea, informal meetings or pre/after dinner drinks.

Standard rooms are small and bathrooms smaller the you would expect for a Sheraton hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view to Green Park.
Dear PortugueseFoodie,

I would like to thank you for sharing your comments about your stays with us at the Park Lane. I am delighted to read that you find the hotel to be of great value for money and that you enjoy the service you receive.

Please feel free to contact either myself or the team, the next time you are in London and we would be more than delighted to repeat the experience with you!

Oviedo, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

As I always say everything depends on how much you pay for a hotel and how high your expectations are.

When I say this is a BAD hotel I mean that it is bad for the name it has, and its bad for the amount I have paid.

Sheraton Park Lane sounds awesome. 5* in central London. Locations is good, bed was big and comfy but the room was not what I expected from a Sheraton. It was quite small but mainly the bathroom was very old and dated.

I wont return to this hotel at least until they refurb all the rooms. For the price paid you have much much better options.

Dear ViajeroSecret,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am disappointed to read that your expectations were not met and I have shared your comments about the room to the team.

On the other hand, I am delighted to read that you found the location of the hotel to be of great convenience to you whilst you were here. It is indeed centrally located for all our guests´ needs.

Should you find yourself back in London at a future stage, please feel free to contact either myself or the team and we would be more than delighted to welcome you back.

Norwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

How anyone can describe this as a 5* is beyond me. It may have been in the past and if you look close enough you can still see its faded facade. First the good points. Location,location,location. Can't fault it. Room service was friendly and efficient and the food was of a good standard. The Concierge was very helpful. The room and hotel in general are clean. The bad points we didn't have breakfast due to the ridiculous prices. A 5 min walk down Piccadilly you will find several places with an excellent breakfast at a 3rd of the price. Our initial room although large was shabby chic at its best and I get the feeling it's not intentional. The bathroom was large but hardly modern. We asked to change rooms as it was a smoking room on a smoking floor and we had booked a non smoking room. The hassle we had was unreal. They tried to give us the runaround with the whole oh you booked through Last Minute and the attitude was astounding if not unprofessional. After some short shrift the room was exchanged but we had to wait 2 hours. The new room itself was small to say the least but the furniture matched. As for the bathroom, it was dated to say the least. I'd be surprised if it had been updated since the 70's. If you've ever stayed in the Pennsylvania in Manhattan you'll get the idea. There is nothing wrong as such with the hotel but if I had paid the rack rate I would be seriously hacked off. Last Minute are just as bad for advertising it as a 5* and the should query the staffs attitude to their customers. This hotel by international standards is 3.5* at its best. I'd stay here again but only as I now know what I'd be getting and only if the rate was as good as the one we had.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear macca1959,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay. I was delighted to read that you found the location of the hotel to be of great us during your stay and that the Room Service team, as well as the Concierge were extremely friendly and efficient.

I, however was disappointed to read that you did not have an overall positive experience with the room and I have shared your comments to the housekeeping and front office teams.

Macca1959, once again thank you for your feedback as it helps us see what areas are our strengths and what areas we need to work on.

Hotel Manager

Been to The Park Lane Sheraton Hotel? Share your experiences!