“Best Mayfair hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westbury Mayfair

You added Westbury Mayfair to your Saves list
Westbury Mayfair
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bond Street, Mayfair, London W1S 2YF, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Ranked #503 of 1,066 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Best Mayfair hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is my favourite London hotel , the location is the best . Time after time our stays are always the same , first class . Friendly service , very professional staff , and comfortable rooms .
The breakfast room service is the best .
After 20 visits nothing has ever been at fault , would like to see Sky Sports !!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
TheWestbury, General Manager at Westbury Mayfair, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear SPurdew,

Thank you for your continued patronage, we very much enjoy having you as a regular guest at the Westbury Hotel. I am pleased to hear that we continuously meet your expectations of a 5 star Mayfair hotel and that you consider our breakfast service to be one of the best. Your comment regarding Sky Sports is duly noted!

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Zeljko Stasevic

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed here for a theatre break in March which was a birthday treat. the hotel rate was a special deal so was cheaper than the usual rack rate but still not cheap! We were pleased with the room it was reasonably sized with lovely furnature and the bathroom had plenty of products - thought not Molten Brown. we stayed on a room only basis.We ate in the Alyn Williams which was amazing and had cocktails in the Polo lounge- they were fab however very expensive! Worth it though as they just added to a super weekend. There are no hot drinks facilities which i as many other guests found a bit odd in such a standard of hotel. i would stay here again though and just remember theres a starbucks about 100yards away in conduit street!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TheWestbury, General Manager at Westbury Mayfair, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Cavfan,

Thank you for choosing the Westbury Hotel as your destination hotel during your theater (and birthday) trip to London. I am glad to hear that you found us conveniently located and that you were pleased with the accommodation. It is also a delight to learn that you had the chance to dine at our Michelin-starred restaurant Alyn Williams at the Westbury and stop by our lively Polo Bar for a drink.

In regards to the toiletries provided, all our standard rooms are equipped with La Bottega luxury products customized specifically for the Westbury Hotel, while our suites provide Hermes amenities.

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I am here at the Westbury right now for a business meeting in the Mount Vernon room. The service is poor. The staff are rude. The room is freezing cold and they can't or won't warm it up. For this cost and this level of hotel, it's just unaccepatble. I would strongly recommend you think twice before booking this hotel.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear regularlyinhotels,

May I please begin by expressing my sincere apologies for having failed to meet your expectations on your recent function visit at the Westbury Hotel. We take great pride in our customer service and venue space and always ensure that our guests and clients are content and well looked after during their stay with us. It is therefore both surprising and disappointing to hear that you felt this was not the case this past visit. It is not often that we receive client complaints about our events department who are known for their efficiency, courtesy and immaculately run functions.

If you would be so kind to contact me directly at ta@westburymayfair.com -I would like to better understand the situation and personally investigate all the mentioned issues.

Thank you for your feedback and for bringing this incident to my attention. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Widnes, Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed the 1st weekend of March, for our 10 th wedding Anniversary. We were upgraded, and were surprised with a beautiful cake, endorsed with happy Anniversary, fruit, and mineral water. We were extremely touched. The room was lovely, bed very comfortable. The hotel staff were so friendly and polite.
It's also in a perfect location too. We had a wonderful stay! Many many thanks.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Ruth_Ryan,

Thank you for positive feedback on your recent stay with us at the Westbury Hotel in celebration of your 10th wedding anniversary. I am very pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you were well looked after by our staff who surprised you with a cake and treats to mark the special occasion.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Cirencester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed herein February 2013 for anniversary, booked it through lastminute.com top secret rooms (I guessed right from the description). Hotel is in an excellent location for shops as well as bars/restaurants. It is very expensive to eat & drink in, but as we were dining out in anycase, this was not a problem. In all a good experience....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear FergusPatterson,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the Westbury Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed an overall pleasant stay, noting that our central location in close proximity to the shops and restaurant/bars of Mayfair made for a convenient base while exploring London. I do hope you will dine with us on your next visit, as we have an impressive selection of restaurants such as our Michelin-starred 'Alyn Williams at the Westbury', intimate 'Tsukiji Sushi Restaurant' and newly opened 'Brasserie Chavot', serving french brasserie cuisine from 2-Michelin starred chef Eric Chavot. Our Polo Bar is also a local favorite, serving fantastic cocktails and a great ambiance.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at ta@westburymayfair.com should you require any special arrangements or dining reservations on any future visits.

Telford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I agree with many of the recent reviews too. Just come back from a stay and was very surprised there were no tea/coffee making facilities. Also you have to PAY for wireless (I think it was £12 p/hr !!!). Also very small bathroom, although clean looked a bit old fashioned and tired with the chrome wearing away a bit. Not what I would expect from a FIVE star. I've stayed at 4 and even 3 star with tea/coffee and free internet wireless. Oh yes, the TV was not very responsive when you pressed the buttons and took an age to react. Also froze everyso often.

All these you would NOT expect from a 5 star rated hotel irrespective of it being in Mayfair. Don't no how it got that rating with all those facilities missing. Staff nice though and good location are the positives but definitely over priced.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear trouncer b,

I wish to begin my expressing my sincere apologies for having failed to meet your expectations on your recent stay at the Westbury Hotel. In regards to the lack on in-room tea/coffee facilities, we do in fact provide this service upon request from our room service which ensures that the contents are replenished daily. Moreover we offer guests only the finest selection of teas and coffees available 24 hours from our room service or Polo Bar.

In regards to our wireless service, the fee of £12.95 offers our guests access for 24 hours, and not for the 1 hour as suggested.

I am also sorry to hear that you felt our facilities did not meet our 5-star standards. We consider ourselves as much a food and beverage destination as a luxury 5-star Mayfair hotel, offering an array of dining options such as the Michelin-starred 'Alyn Williams at the Westbury', intimate 'Tsukiji Sushi Restaurant' and newly opened 'Brasserie Chavot', serving French brasserie cuisine from 2-Michelin starred chef Eric Chavot. We hope to have you dine with us should you consider a return visit.

Once again, I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion and would like to welcome you back giving us the opportunity of changing your opinion of the Westbury Hotel.

Kind Regards,
Luxembourg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Not the first time I've stayed here, but I don't remember being disappointed before. Good location for the West End, but now looking rather tired, and ventilation/air conditioning noisy and ineffective. Musty smell hits you in the face when you walk in to the beddroomFront desk service fine but restaurant was poor (and even by London standards breakfast over priced and obviously cooked some time previously)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Christopher K,

Please accept my sincere apologies for having failed to meet your expectations on this occasion. I do appreciate you providing us with feedback, noting that you felt the facilities in your allocated room requires revamping. In regards to this, we are currently undergoing soft renovations to many of our rooms which will provide for a consistently high quality of bedrooms throughout the hotel.

I am also sorry to hear that you felt our breakfast service did not meet our usual high standards. I would be very grateful if you would be kind enough to contact me directly at ta@westburymayfair.com and provide me with further details regarding this so I may personally investigate the issue as we rarely receive such complaints on our breakfast service.

I do hope your last visit will not be your lasting impression of the Westbury Hotel and do hope you will consider a return stay giving us the opportunity of changing your opinion. Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards,
Zeljko Stasevic

Been to Westbury Mayfair? Share your experiences!